Why Miami?

Take Brightline (high speed rail) from Fort Lauderdale to downtown Miami 42 minutes. Then take Uber to the port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Or the Brightline whacks yet another pedestrian. That will add to your trip time. ;p

Blech to Miami. I am not a fan of that cruise port. Sailed out of there a few times and it was never a pleasant experience. I think from a customer service perspective, Port Canaveral and Ft Lauderdale do it much better. YMMD.

Or the Brightline whacks yet another pedestrian. That will add to your trip time. ;p

When are folks down there going to wake up the train will win every time. Miami is not the only city with trains running in the streets but it seems to be taking a little longer to educate the public

When are folks down there going to wake up the train will win every time. Miami is not the only city with trains running in the streets but it seems to be taking a little longer to educate the public

Darwinism.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Exactly true. I am waiting for Brightline to finish culling the herd before we try the new train. I don't relish sitting on a train for a long time while paperwork gets done.

We done the Ta. I like Miami. Stayed a few days in South Beach

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

We did a tour of South Beach on turn around. We have generally stayed at Sheraton Miami Airport. We were due out of Miami this year planned to stay a couple of day onSB but due to Charter are now out of FLL.

We had a great 11 days, wait staff got us onto the Capts table and Mercedes was a fantastic CD

Here is an opinion from UK who likes Caribbean cruises.

There may be flights to FLL but most flights are to Miami. So Miami is a better port for me.

Hotel at Miami airport which is situated within the terminal building offers a convenient day room so you can leave your luggage after disembarkation, spend the day in Miami and catch a late flight home. The hotel is right next to check in desks for Virgin and BA so really convenient for us.

So if I had to vote, I would vote for Miami as the preferred port.

That would be us :):)

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

Me too. I totally dislike driving to Ft. Lauderdale in all that traffic, but will no way..no how...drive past Ft. Lauderdale to continue the crunch of traffic to get to Miami. I don't cruise out of Miami at all for that reason.

Yes, I sailed on Freedom out of Miami in 2007.

Huh??!! :confused::o

Freedom sailed out of Miami? When she was brand new I thought she was home ported in Ft. Lauderdale until she later came up to Port Canaveral.

Edited by island lady

Just because.

FWIW, every time I drive to either Tampa or PE, I start questioning that decision about an hour into the trip.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

For me, Tampa is doable...and I do it to go on the smaller ships that we don't have here in PC any longer. But that drive to Ft. Lauderdale...ugghhh...not fun but bear it every once in awhile. No way will do elect to drive any further in that crunch just to get to Miami. :o

For me, Tampa is doable...and I do it to go on the smaller ships that we don't have here in PC any longer. But that drive to Ft. Lauderdale...ugghhh...not fun but bear it every once in awhile. No way will do elect to drive any further in that crunch just to get to Miami. :o

Are you sure you have ever actually driven down here? I've been here 30 years and I have absolutely no idea what "crunch" you are talking about. I drive to Miami all the time, I used to work on South Beach and lived in Fort Lauderdale. I seriously have no idea what you are talking about.

And the unbearable "crunch" from Canaveral to Fort Lauderdale... even more "huh???" :confused: I just can't fathom anyone making the drive all the way from Canaveral but then can't possibly handle the extra 20 minutes to PortMiami. Especially to the point where it would make a difference between selecting a cruise out of either port.

Are you sure you have ever actually driven down here? I've been here 30 years and I have absolutely no idea what "crunch" you are talking about. I drive to Miami all the time, I used to work on South Beach and lived in Fort Lauderdale. I seriously have no idea what you are talking about.

And the unbearable "crunch" from Canaveral to Fort Lauderdale... even more "huh???" :confused: I just can't fathom anyone making the drive all the way from Canaveral but then can't possibly handle the extra 20 minutes to PortMiami. Especially to the point where it would make a difference between selecting a cruise out of either port.

Yes, many...many times have driven through that traffic, as that is how we get to the Keys. My sister has a house in the Florida Keys. We also drive the motor home towing a Jeep down to the Keys. You want to talk about rude and inconsiderate drivers going through Ft. Lauderdale and Miami that think the total of a 50 foot rig can just hop on over a lane to let them in...when they don't realize there is traffic on the other side of us?

I have no intention of continuing that traffic "pleasure" by going into down town Miami and spending time there. The drive past Monkey Jungle is one of the worst for incoming cars onto the highway.

The DH lived many years in Ft. Lauderdale once he got out of Vietnam. He finally moved up here to get out of what he called "the crunch" and is why I call it that.

Personal preference. To each their own.

I will cruise out of Miami.

However, I much prefer Ft. Lauderdale.

We are taking Allure in October … not November.... even though November was cheaper, had better cabin selections, and is further removed from hurricane season, just because Allure will have moved to Miami in November.

I live in Ft Lauderdale and totally get what people are saying about not wanting to drive South of PE. It is a different type of driver once you leave Broward, much more aggressive. We live 25 mins from PE or an hour to Miami, but absolutely dread going to Miami.

Yes, many...many times have driven through that traffic, as that is how we get to the Keys. My sister has a house in the Florida Keys. We also drive the motor home towing a Jeep down to the Keys. You want to talk about rude and inconsiderate drivers going through Ft. Lauderdale and Miami that think the total of a 50 foot rig can just hop on over a lane to let them in...when they don't realize there is traffic on the other side of us?

I have no intention of continuing that traffic "pleasure" by going into down town Miami and spending time there. The drive past Monkey Jungle is one of the worst for incoming cars onto the highway.

The DH lived many years in Ft. Lauderdale once he got out of Vietnam. He finally moved up here to get out of what he called "the crunch" and is why I call it that.

Personal preference. To each their own.

Why would you take 95 to the Keys?? We go to the Keys frequently and take the turnpike to Florida City.

We live in central Brevard County and the trip to the Port of Miami is easy peasy. 95 straight to the tunnel, easier than FLL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh??!! :confused::o

Freedom sailed out of Miami? When she was brand new I thought she was home ported in Ft. Lauderdale until she later came up to Port Canaveral.

Fort Lauderdale was Independence. Freedom and Liberty started in Miami and stayed there for some seasons. The big change to Fort Lauderdale came when terminal 18 was built and Oasis startet in 2009. Royal signed a ten year contract with the port.

[quote name=Swampbabe;56218231

We live in central Brevard County and the trip to the Port of Miami is easy peasy. 95 straight to the tunnel' date=' easier than FLL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

FLL is pretty simple now that the construction is finished. 95 to 595 E and that takes you right to port security gate.

Why would you take 95 to the Keys?? We go to the Keys frequently and take the turnpike to Florida City.

We live in central Brevard County and the trip to the Port of Miami is easy peasy. 95 straight to the tunnel, easier than FLL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never said I take I-95 all the way....I jump on the turnpike off 95 south at Jupiter.