First timer Regent Cruiser Checking In

The weather is warm and humid but not as hot as the heatwave back in NY. We had another lovely day in Lucca. The excursions are run flawlessly. No waiting no crowding. And here’s story regarding small ship. We order room service for breakfast and with Regent the waiter comes in sets it up with a tablecloth etc. Well our waiter from the other night in Chartreuse Benson remembered us. He comes in Mr and Mrs D don’t you remember me? [emoji3] It’s me Benson.

We really don’t put the TV on but that’s how you can keep up with sport scores it’s a British news channel.

Have lots of great pics but the internet just not cooperating. If I just post some random pics you’ll know why.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had little luck uploading photos on the Voyager from my suite even with the door cracked open, mostly I found that the quickest way to upload pics was from the pool deck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Glad you are having a wonderful time. The excursions to St Paul de Vence and the Lucca bike tour are two of my all time favorite Regent shore excursions. You chose well.

Weird about the guy wearing jeans and his wife all dressed up. My husband is a real cowboy, but I don't allow him to wear jeans to dinner in the evening onboard the ship. I am a sparkly dress kind of person. Every so often, he will ask if he can wear jeans to dinner, and my answer is always NO. It's against the dress code. I don't understand why he thinks jeans are more comfortable than slacks. They are both types of pants.

Trying to catch up. Busy busy busy. Lol. So want to keep with the comparison of Regent to mainstream for those lurkers who are considering it.

Yesterday in Cittavechia we were docked alongside the RCCL Symphony of the Seas and a Costa ship. Those ships are tremendous! I know that those excursions pack 50 per bus. Our Taste of Rome Tour which was no extra charge had 31. I also recalled being on the mass market ships, not the mega sized, and having issues with waiting for the elevators, especially coming back from port. What a difference with only 700 pax! I push the button no matter what time of day and the elevator appears within seconds.

The demographic on this sailing is probably unusual for Regent, but lots of young adults sailing with their baby boomer parents. There are also about 20 very well behaved children in board. I talked to one young mother and she said she loves Regent with her young kids. They tried a Disney Cruise and she didn’t care for it.

One final thing before I run, the laundry comes back same day if you put it out before 9;00 am. Our cabin steward specifically said no dry cleaning is included. But the shirts come back beautifully pressed on a hanger.

Thanks all for following! I’ll have plenty of time when I get home to reply to any individual issues.

Here’s some Rome pics. We walked 5.2 miles. It was all worth it. 321d1a2a07e61425a80c0117a2e98e2d.jpg15edf9d922901fa0987afcfbcc163e01.jpg2066fd3c7e3191c5f1247369cbe3e240.jpg7ca10ade4b4fc35df0df2d9d2946bb69.jpg

Another plus of small ship cruising besides the more luxurious experience, is that you are able to visit smaller, yet very beautiful and interesting ports. Yesterday we visited Ajaccio, Corsica. Today we are in Mahon, Minorca, Spain.

I forgot to mention that this sailing was also advertised as a wine cruise. Several special events involving wine. Quickly I’ll add to make sure you read the Signatures newsletter carefully. I’ll talk about the wine tasting dinner another post. This particular dinner was no extra charge but you needed to sign up at the reception desk on the first day

Back to my cruise [emoji16]...

We enjoyed Mahon very much. The port is lovely with shops and cafes. We chose the Archeology of Minorca excursion. Very fascinating. The archeologists have dated the sites back to the Bronze Age. Spain has applied for it to be a UNESCO World Heritage site. 701f6cbecc572c3b6468d8b552e4ba93.jpg8ad07863d1c9d1301babfd55d455c37c.jpg7cd0b36df1d40057e0db4244452a2dc1.jpg

It looks and sounds like you are having a wonderful (first) Regent cruise. I will be there to tag team you in Barcelona. I can't wait for my first (Regent) experience.

It looks and sounds like you are having a wonderful (first) Regent cruise. I will be there to tag team you in Barcelona. I can't wait for my first (Regent) experience.

Oh you’re going to love it! All the hints from our CC friends will help you more than you know. For example I heard a guy saying even though he tried to book excursions two weeks after they opened, the special winery excursion was all booked up. If only he read the advice here to book at midnight the day it opens. lol

184f31dea7dbcef7c26a36fa5098b14f.jpg64935c7ec6469e94cae3ca34aea44586.jpg

SS Voyager arrived in Barcelona

Our final meal was at Prime 7. The quality was excellent. I was a little underwhelmed by the actual space. I thought it was much too crowded. I just “had” to have the popcorn sundae. I’m giving the apple tart from Chartruse my vote for favorite dessert. But I never met a dessert I didn’t like. lol

Our over all experience has been outstanding. Is Regent a true luxury line? I’m not certain about that, but the cruise met or exceeded our expectations.

I’ll continue to post about our overland extension to Madrid here.

85d1b9e4e47fb7eee6943b4afcb6a15d.jpg

Update. Even though I only thought there were 20 children on my sailing, there were actually 88. We had no issues but others reported that some excursions did not go well with the kids. The only reason I’m reporting this is so those who wish to sail with as few children as possible should check when school vacation and the special promo offers for kids are and avoid that period.

Thanks so much for taking us along on your first Regent adventure. It sound like it was a good one.

Your tip about children is a good one. Regent goes by U.S. holidays which make sense since the majority of passengers are from the U.S. (and Canada). In my opinion, it would be great is Regent would run 1 or 2 cruises during the summer without children which would give teachers and others that work with children the rest of the year to get a break.