Please Keep Your Dishes Inside

Lenny, I didn't say that at all. I know ships have bed bugs but I honestly didn't think you were seriously referring to bed bugs, let alone ants (for example).

No. :)

They feed on human and animals, not spilled food or other food of human origin. ( https://www.bed-bugs.com/lifecycle/what-do-bed-bugs-eat/ )

Oh I know. That's why I found the comment about bed bugs so odd.

Putting your dirty dishes in the hallway is nasty and I do not care what the staff wants, none of us should be doing it.

Dirty dishes in the hallway or in the room. I really don't see what the big deal is.

If a tray with food remnants is "gross" if it's in the hallway, isn't it "gross" sitting in the room? What is so special that changes when the tray goes over the threshold?

(y)

Again, if someone can't walk (or roll) by an empty tray in the hallway, I'd hate to think what they do when a cleaning cart is in the hallway.

Actually, I'd wager that most people don't give a crap.

You are probably 100% right and I'm one of those. Sometimes we will put them out and sometimes we don't. Either way is fine with me. If I see dirty dishes in the hallway I really don't care if they are there or not.

I do not believe in Room Service .Leaving food residue on plates in the cabin can lead to visitation by bugs.

Nah...no crawly garbage searching bugs on the ships...except those clawless lobsters. ;)

But the bilge rats love to roam the hallways munching on the left over garbage set out by pax. :o:eek:;p

I apologized for starting this thread and am somewhat surprised that it is still receiving replies. I guess I started it because I have been on many cruises on many cruise lines, but I have never seen the amount of dishes that were placed in the hallway as I did on this particular cruise. And, strangely, I also saw more family members being brought into the Diamond lounge for drinks and snacks on this particular cruise than any other cruise I have experienced.

I apologized for starting this thread and am somewhat surprised that it is still receiving replies. I guess I started it because I have been on many cruises on many cruise lines, but I have never seen the amount of dishes that were placed in the hallway as I did on this particular cruise. And, strangely, I also saw more family members being brought into the Diamond lounge for drinks and snacks on this particular cruise than any other cruise I have experienced.

No worries. Actually it appears that the staff may be part of the problem because some of them tell people to leave the dishes in the cabin and some tell people to leave the dishes in the hallway. If they can't agree as to the proper protocol how are we ever going to?;)

Having piles of anything in a hallway is not exactly safe. Why anyone would think having piles of dishes scattered around in a hallway makes sense is beyond me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What about the luggage on the first and last day? Or people's scooters or wheelchairs? Also potentially unsafe..albeit cleaner. I think the issue is cleanliness here.

What about the luggage on the first and last day? Or people's scooters or wheelchairs? Also potentially unsafe..albeit cleaner. I think the issue is cleanliness here.

Or Henry who is often spotted in the hallways. I think OP thinks it's gross. Everyone has the thing that grosses them out, but it doesn't apply to everyone.

You aren't the first to have posted about this subject and won't be the last. ;p

Every cruise we have been on we have been told to place them in the hallway when finished. Oddly when we have left trays in the room we had a hard time getting the cabin steward to take them. Almost like they thought I had some reason to keep them - though I guess if they have been told we will place in the hall, then I guess they can only assume I did want them for some purpose. So unless I carry it back up to a buffet to put away, I will leave in the hall as I have been instructed to do in the past.

Normally someone from room service would be walking the halls to keep them cleaned up.

I could see where leaving them in the room could be a dilemma for the steward. How do they know if you're finished or not? I realize in some cases (maybe most cases), it would be obvious. But let's say you left something that could sit out for a while on your tray in the room. Do they take it away, running the risk of taking something you intended to finish later? Or do they leave it, running the risk of appearing to not do their job? They don't know if you've left for 5 minutes or 5 hours.

I could see where leaving them in the room could be a dilemma for the steward. How do they know if you're finished or not? I realize in some cases (maybe most cases), it would be obvious. But let's say you left something that could sit out for a while on your tray in the room. Do they take it away, running the risk of taking something you intended to finish later? Or do they leave it, running the risk of appearing to not do their job? They don't know if you've left for 5 minutes or 5 hours.

If you're not done and away from your cabin, leave him a freaking note!

We have put our dishes in the hall because we were told to by RCL staff, perhaps this has changed, it used to be other staff that collected the trays, not your room attendant, if that is still the case you would be adding work for your attendant by not putting them out yourself. It would be a good idea to check before doing either.

Sent from my iPad using Forums