On Board Loyalty Credit

mcrcruiser

1 hour ago, Princess Chatterer said:

Completion of 20 or more Princess cruises (aka Loyalty level or "Super Elite") (posted typically only after you are on the ship)

Completion of 20 - 30 cruises $25 onboard cabin credit
Completion of 31 - 40 cruises $50 onboard cabin credit
Completion of 41 - 50 cruises $75 onboard cabin credit
Completion of 50+ cruises $100 onboard cabin credit

Limited to one onboard cabin credit per family

"Cruises" are actually numbered by "cruise credits."

Thanks for your response.  This is what I was hoping for. 😊

In the preceding post, it should state completion of 51+ cruises for the $100 level, so on your 52nd cruise credit you reach this level.

A little off topic, 2 posts ago it was asked if P&O Australia cruises counted. Yes for cruise credits,  but a couple of years ago for recognition for deciding most travel passengers numbers, only days on Princess are now counted. I believe the circle hosts can easily now calculate days with Princess and the most traveled passengers list is created. Passengers with many days on P&O Aus or U.K. were disappointed they no longer made the cut. Circle host explained it was changed as the MTP is a Princess benefit, so only Princess days are recognized.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wallyj said:

In the preceding post, it should state completion of 51+ cruises for the $100 level, so on your 52nd cruise credit you reach this level.

Does a person reach the $100 level on the 52nd cruise or on the 51st? This was my previous question - 51st or 52nd. The information that 'Princess Chatterer' posted, states that it is on the 51st. This person's post appeared to be a 'cut and paste' from a Princess website.

Edited by Aus Traveller

It is the 52nd cruise credit where the loyalty benefit is $100. It is only the first level of $25 that starts at cruise credit 21, all subsequent levels are 32, 42, and 52.

On your next cruise, ask the circle host for the small brochure that outlines the captain circle program. The loyalty benefit is outlined in this brochure with the associated tier levels.

15 hours ago, wallyj said:

It is the 52nd cruise credit where the loyalty benefit is $100. It is only the first level of $25 that starts at cruise credit 21, all subsequent levels are 32, 42, and 52.

On your next cruise, ask the circle host for the small brochure that outlines the captain circle program. The loyalty benefit is outlined in this brochure with the associated tier levels.

Wallyj says the $100 OBC starts on the 52nd cruise credit, while Princess Chatterer says it starts on the 51st. 🙂 Thanks to you both for your answers.

I might have to wait until our next Princess cruise to see which one is correct.

9 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Wallyj says the $100 OBC starts on the 52nd cruise credit, while Princess Chatterer says it starts on the 51st. 🙂 Thanks to you both for your answers.

I might have to wait until our next Princess cruise to see which one is correct.

I believe the terminology Princess uses is "after 51 cruise credits" which would mean it starts on the 52nd one.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2018 at 11:02 AM, skynight said:

Starting with your 20th cruise credit (CrC) you will receive a Captain's Circle refundable Loyalty OBC, see chart below. It is one loyalty OBC/cabin for occupants with the same last name. Unrelated qualified occupants each receive the refundable OBC. It is automatic.

CrC 20 to 31 = $25 OBC

CrC 32 to 41 = $50 OBC

CrC 42 to 51 = $75 OBC

CrC 52 and over = $100 OBC

While I"m thankful that I will be receiving this going forward, it seems stupid to only give it to one passenger and not both.  It's not like it's that much. 

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

While I"m thankful that I will be receiving this going forward, it seems stupid to only give it to one passenger and not both.  It's not like it's that much. 

It's significant once you hit 52 cruises.:classic_biggrin:

I'm with you. It should be applied to both passengers. 

6 hours ago, memoak said:

If you have separate CC numbers then you will both get the credit also if you have different last names

We have separate CC numbers but the same last name. We get only one OBC. I agree with the comment that it would be fairer if both people received the OBC. After all, they have both paid for all those cruises to reach the number required.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

We have separate CC numbers but the same last name. We get only one OBC. I agree with the comment that it would be fairer if both people received the OBC. After all, they have both paid for all those cruises to reach the number required.

We have different last names and totally different numbers. Are you numbers the same but different letters at the end ?

• 2 months later...

Ours is a unique situation. We currently have 28 Cruise Credits. We booked our next cruise as one continuous cruise of 29 days. Apparently it can be booked as three separate cruises, because our Cruise History on Princess’s site shows that we’ll receive 6 credits since we booked a suite. After the first leg of the cruise, technically, we’ll be at 31 Cruise Credits, will we receive $25 for each of the next two legs? 

3 hours ago, Crystabel said:

Ours is a unique situation. We currently have 28 Cruise Credits. We booked our next cruise as one continuous cruise of 29 days. Apparently it can be booked as three separate cruises, because our Cruise History on Princess’s site shows that we’ll receive 6 credits since we booked a suite. After the first leg of the cruise, technically, we’ll be at 31 Cruise Credits, will we receive $25 for each of the next two legs? 

IMHO you should receive 50 obc for the 2nd & 3rd leg. If not, see onboard Princess Circle Rep

20 minutes ago, Coral said:

I thought if you book it as one leg - (even though it is multiple legs), you only get 1 loyalty credit. Though I am not sure and this does affect me on my next cruise as I booked as 1 leg.

We booked our recent 28 day cruise as a single booking which could be booked as 3 individual cruises (7/7/14 days) and we received 3 Loyalty cruise credits.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Just now, Astro Flyer said:

We booked our recent 28 day cruise as a single booking; it could be booked as 3 individual cruises (7/7/14 days) and we received 3 Loyalty cruise credits.

Thank you! Glad to hear it.

I thought it was discussed on the board last year around my fall cruise. I ended up cancelling due to illness so I didn't know what would have occurred.

Edited by Coral

1 minute ago, Coral said:

Thank you! Glad to hear it.

I thought it was discussed on the board last year around my fall cruise. I ended up cancelling due to illness so I didn't know what would have occurred.

Years ago we had to request the extra credits however the Princess policy is now being automatically added.

13 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Years ago we had to request the extra credits however the Princess policy is now being automatically added.

Let me back up - do you get loyalty money after each leg?

I don't care about credits (and I am getting the right credits). It is the money at the beginning of the 2nd leg that I am curious about.

38 minutes ago, Coral said:

I thought if you book it as one leg - (even though it is multiple legs), you only get 1 loyalty credit. Though I am not sure and this does affect me on my next cruise as I booked as 1 leg.

Sorry - meant to say 1 loyalty payment.

If you do 2 legs booked as 1, do you get 1 or 2 loyalty payments?

Edited by Coral

4 minutes ago, Coral said:

Let me back up - do you get loyalty money after each leg?

I don't care about credits (and I am getting the right credits). It is the money at the beginning of the 2nd leg that I am curious about.

No...the Loyalty OBC (recently changed to non-refundable) is based on how we booked.  In our recent experience we received 1 Loyalty OBC and 3 cruise credits for our 28 day booking to get to our current 42 & will get $75 per cabin until we reach 52 credits.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Just now, Astro Flyer said:

No...the Loyalty OBC (recently changed to non-refundable) is based on how we booked.  In our recent experience we received 1 Loyalty OBC and 3 cruise credits to get to our current 42 & will get $75 per cabin until we reach 52 credits.

That is what I thought! Thanks. 

Sorry I used the wrong teminology above - crazy week.