25th Anniversary Advice, Please!

sister jo

Our 25th Anniversary is next June. We'd like to cruise to celebrate. We've only cruised twice on Royal Caribbean Oasis and Allure. Please give me your opinions on your favorite Celebrity ships/itineraries. We prefer the Caribbean but something different than St. Thomas/St. Maarten. Any advice/help is appreciated. Thank you!

We leave tomorrow for a 15th anniversary trip to Alaska. We’ve done the beach thing and wanted to make our trip special by doing things we’ve never done, helicopter on a glacier, float plane, whale watch. It’s turned into a 2 week trip! Pick a place you haven’t gone to and plan around the location!

We’ve gone on the summit out of NJ to Bermuda. It was the best. The ship is getting an upgrade this winter. We loved how small it was and there was so much attention to ever detail. Plus it’s like a floating hotel and Bermuda is beautiful. Horseshoe bay beach is breathtaking!

Equinox is scheduled for May 25, 2019.

Millennium is scheduled for February 9 and she has a good Alaska itinerary in June. Summit will go into dry dock March 23 if you want to consider Bermuda.

The date of May 25th is the first sailing AFTER drydock...

Steve

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary! What about going a bit further afield next June with something really special, like the British Isles, or Ireland/Iceland? And, fwiw, I'd pick Alaska over the Caribbean.

Enjoy whatever you decide!

What about the ABC Islands?

X has no ships going there in May or June. Eastern or Western are the only Caribbean choices

Or Bermuda/ New England out of NJ

Personally, I'd splurge on a European cruise: British Isles, Baltic, or Med.

Edited by mom says

Our 25th Anniversary is next June. We'd like to cruise to celebrate. We've only cruised twice on Royal Caribbean Oasis and Allure. Please give me your opinions on your favorite Celebrity ships/itineraries. We prefer the Caribbean but something different than St. Thomas/St. Maarten. Any advice/help is appreciated. Thank you!

If you wish to sail on Celebrity in June of next year and you are fixed on the Caribbean, then your only choices are five 7-night cruises on the Equinox with only two different itineraries: a Western C. to Key West, Costa Maya & Grand Cayman and an Eastern C. to San Juan, St. Thomas & Punta Cana (Dominican Republic).

I would agree with other posters that on your 25th, you might venture out to an entirely different cruise region such as Alaska, Bermuda or perhaps a European cruise around the Baltic Sea or the British Isles.

Look into the Bermuda sailings! We did our first X cruise for our 30th anniversary to Bermuda and have since been on the Summit for 4 out of the last 6 years!

The ship leaves from Bayonne, NJ on Sunday's, arrives in Bermuda on Wed morning and stays docked there till Friday afternoon. If you've never been to Bermuda you're missing a gem of an island!

The itineraries for Bermuda will be after the "revolutionizing" of the Summit, so the ship will be like brand spanking new!

If it's in your price range, since it's such a special anniversary, check out a suite, the perks are wonderful!

I agree on Bermuda sailings. June is the perfect month for Bermuda. X has been calling on Bermuda for years. Bermuda is a gorgeous island with the British way of doing things, not run like your average Caribbean island. Lots to do and see there. Much more romantic than Alaska. Jmo

Carib in June will be hot, maybe rainy....school vacation in late June as well. Equinox is a nice ship but is much different thsman Oasis and Allure...for us in a good way!

Bermuda may be a better choice. Very beautiful, romantic and clean!

A Ca coastal might also be nice...There are stops in great ports, wine tours along the route . We went on Infinity but an S Class ship might be doing that itin as well...

I like the ABC islands (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao) itinerary on the Equinox if this itinerary is available. The other would be Alaska on the Eclipse out of Vancouver.

Drive to NJ and take the Summit to Bermuda, it will just have come out drydock getting the Revolution makeover. If time allows take in a couple of days in NYC. Nice relaxing cruise, 3 days in Bermuda, on and off whenever you want.

The Summit also does a couple cruise North during the summer and fall. We are doing the Independence day cruise on the Summit, 10 days north with stops in Maine, Rhode Island and Canada. Finally we do an overnight in Boston on the 4th of July.