Which is better? The ANTICIPATION or THE CRUISE?

UAL_FlyGal

Wow, great question!! Being somewhat OCD (more if wife chimes in) I love the anticipation, it allows me to create lists and then revised lists, and itineraries, then timelines, then excursions, then where to eat ,,,,,,,, well you get the idea. BTW I also generally enjoy the cruise!!!

Definitely anticipation. We are going on the Caribbean princess August 25th and I swear it's all I can think about. I do all the excursion planning for the family so it's constantly going thru my head about should we do this or that. And just thinking about being away from work for 10 days puts me in a great mood.

The cruise. The lead up is a lot of work. Researching, planning, flights, excursions, visas, budgets. Then changes happen, so more researching, more planning. It can be enjoyable or it can be stressful, depending on the cruise.

But once that sail card chimes as we board, then it's all about sitting back, relaxing, and enjoying the fruits of all that work.

They go "hand in hand"...I think the anticipation, for ANYTHING you're looking forward to, is part of the fun! Once you board the ship, it will be over much faster than the "anticipatory" stage! Enjoy the anticipation!

There is actually data to suggest the answer is both. :)

I find the booking the most stressful part- picking the room, making sure are getting a good deal on the date/location we want. But after that the countdown I LOVE the anticipation. I love refining my lists from previous years, and reading other posts. I love (this year) ordering a new swimsuit or (last year) a new suitcase. Making a playlist. Researching excursions.

Does cruising attract overplanners by design? I feel like it does because once we walk aboard there are no more decisions to be made beyond “Beef or Chicken.”

And the feeling of locking my phone in the safe, putting it in airplane mode, the sailaway cocktail? THE BEST.

We are booking as we speak so I am in such a chipper mood. Looking foreard to vacation is a huge boost for us.

The worst is walking off. The cure: planning the next one. :')

Definitely anticipation. We are going on the Caribbean princess August 25th and I swear it's all I can think about. I do all the excursion planning for the family so it's constantly going thru my head about should we do this or that. And just thinking about being away from work for 10 days puts me in a great mood.

I hear that! At work all I do is think about cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The actual cruise. I'm now less than 45 days away from my cruise, which means that I have to get serious about figuring out what to pack. My flights and hotel has been booked ages ago. I'm still trying to figure out what to do in Miami.

What is it about the anticipation that makes it so appealing yet frustrating at the same time?? Obviously love the actual cruise but the planning, waiting and chatting with other cruisers is quite addicting in itself.

Which is better? The ANTICIPATION or THE CRUISE? :confused:

Ohhhhhhh GOODNESS !! Of course we ALL look forwards to a cruise ! But.. then when it's booked most tend to focus about it, about how much JOY it brings that by the time we're aboard..Yikes !! WE realize it is FINALLY here and then we begin dreading that last day !:eek: And we begin the 'game' again !

Mac.

The anticipation is brutal, especially when it is 100+ days as you want it to be here now, but have to wait a long time. Once I get to about 30 days, it becomes more real.

Nothing beats actually being on the cruise. One that muster drill ends, it's an experience that is tough to beat. All stress suddenly vanishes.

I’m 100 days out about, Ive got pretty much everything done as far as excursions, hotels , air etc.. I just have to go to the store and dry cleaners and run all those errands.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums