Classic drink program does it include champagne or processo??

dis2cruise

The classic package only lists "Wines" whereas the Premium specifically says "Champagne by the Glass" So, it may not include processeco or champagne. You may be able to only pay the difference in price between $9 and the cost of the Champagne.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/int/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/premium-classic-and-standard

Prosecco? Yes. French Champagne? No, but there are sparkling white wines. I prefer the Prosecco. Or a mimosa.

You can try the Classic Alcohol package for a few days and upgrade to Premium Alcohol if it doesn't suit you.

When we've stayed in Concierge or Aqua class, we receive a bottle of bubbly that we don't care for and have taken it to the MDR or Blu and exchanged it for Prosecco. I've also ordered Prosecco by the glass on the Classic package and not been charged extra. The last time I ordered it was this past December.

The Processo was wonderful on our last Reflection cruise. Champagne isn't my favorite, so never tried there offering.

Try your Classic package then decide if you really need to upgrade. I even got martini's in the Martini bar which were just smaller than normal. No issues. Always ask for name brand spirits in your mixed drinks; example Captain Morgan in a Pina Colada, Malibu rum in a Bay breeze, etc.

There is a Prosecco on the Classic package & it seems pretty popular based on how many we see ordering if.

Take care if you upgrade to Premium!

I read of people being served prosecco instead of champagne even though they had upgraded.

I read of people being served prosecco instead of champagne even though they had upgraded.

Hello,

Prosecco would be an improvement on the 'Domaine Chandon' sparkling wine (from USA, Argentina and even China) that is usually served when asking for Champagne.

Regards,

Cublet

The prosecco on the Classic package is very nice. The 'champagne' is any white sparkling wine so the quality varies. I'd rather have a mimosa.

I upgraded to the Premium Alcohol package on my last cruise. The bartenders used the same brands in my drinks that they had used when I had the Classic, unless I specified. I like rum cocktails and my usual brands are Meyers and Captain Morgan, which are Classic brands. Since I had the Premium package, I requested Mount Gay rum on the day we ported in Barbados. The server said he never heard of it! Perhaps he was new to bar service, IDK. At another bar, the bartender substituted Absolute, which is classic for Belvedere in the Parisian screwdriver, which was delicious, nonetheless. Then there was the bartender that didn't put any rum in my pina colada. I'm not a wine or beer connoisseur and I don't usually drink shots. I won't upgrade again because it's not worth the extra effort on my part to supervise the bartenders.

The prosecco on the Classic package is very nice. The 'champagne' is any white sparkling wine so the quality varies. I'd rather have a mimosa.

Incorrect. Champagne is a sparkling wine (White or Rose) from the Champagne region of France.

Sorry, I imagine that my question has been asked many times.

If we keep to the Classic Drinks Package do we now have the option to just pay the extra for a Premium Drink and not the full cost?

Just double checking as the last time we were on Celebrity you had to pay the full cost and couldn't just pay the difference.

We have been given $200 OBC as the original cruise we booked was cancelled. We can either use it to upgrade to the Premium Package or spend it on something else ... like jewellery :p

Yes, you now just pay the difference in price (+ 18% on that) for a drink over the Classic Package. Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, I think we will see how it goes for the first few days and if it is going to be to our advantage we will upgrade :-)

Incorrect. Champagne is a sparkling wine (White or Rose) from the Champagne region of France.

Yes, that's why I put 'Champagne' in quotes. The Perrier Jouet Grand, real Champagne, is $18 per glass. The Domaine Chandon from California is $9 per glass, not really champagne, but you get bubbles. Works for me. But then, I usually drink Mojitos, so what do I know.

Yes, that's why I put 'Champagne' in quotes. The Perrier Jouet Grand, real Champagne, is $18 per glass. The Domaine Chandon from California is $9 per glass, not really champagne, but you get bubbles. Works for me. But then, I usually drink Mojitos, so what do I know.

But the Domaine Chandon is not sold as Champagne, it's Sparkling Wine. You seem to want to use the generic term Champagne for all sparkling other than Prosecco and that's wrong.