Tipping in Concierge Club and Diamond Club

It depends on how much they do for you. We have tipped when they have been a great help and not tipped when we didn't even talk to them.

Agreed. I gave one waiter a big tip on day 1 of Majesty and he never came back, saw him there plenty. On Jewel this past time, a nice tip on day 1 made the drinks taller and no questioning the wife's choice of Lemon Drop.

In the diamond lounge aways $5 when first two drinks arrive. Usually another $5 if we get cocktails or wine on the way out to dinner. If using the vouchers $2 or $3 every other drink or taking a double pour of wine to dinner. Gave the waiter in the main theater $5 for 2 gin and tonics, he came back 10 minutes later just as the show was starting with 2 more gin and tonics and didn't even take our seapass card. The only exception was a few years back on the Mariner transatlantic. We were in the lounge every night, had the same waiter serving us every night, he was bring my wife specialty martinis all night, last night I gave him a $100.00 bill and could tell by the look on his face that he was disappointed, ever since then it is a few dollars every few rounds and they seem happy.

Agreed. I gave one waiter a big tip on day 1 of Majesty and he never came back, saw him there plenty. On Jewel this past time, a nice tip on day 1 made the drinks taller and no questioning the wife's choice of Lemon Drop.

Perhaps number one wasn't comfortable with the expectation perceived or otherwise that you would want him to step outside the rules and put his job at risk. Where as number two may have not have been so concerned at losing his job.

Tip at the end for short cruises as well as in the middle on longer cruises. On our 12 nt on the Anthem made sure to find the morning person who helped in the AM since our cabin was next door to the CL and we would often run in for early morning coffee and tea and other nibbles. Knew he restocked before he left so stuff would be there when we stopped by mid afternoon for a cup of tea or coffee.

Just got off a 12 day on the Brilliance

No tips at beginning or middle.

The services received, the courtesy, the professionalism, the drinks before we even sat down,,, $100 to concierge and $50 to Josephine

We were in the lounge every night, had the same waiter serving us every night, he was bring my wife specialty martinis all night, last night I gave him a $100.00 bill and could tell by the look on his face that he was disappointed, ever since then it is a few dollars every few rounds and they seem happy.

Really? He seemed disappointed at $100?:confused:

Perhaps number one wasn't comfortable with the expectation perceived or otherwise that you would want him to step outside the rules and put his job at risk. Where as number two may have not have been so concerned at losing his job.

A lemon drop martini is a perfectly normal order in the Lounge.

Really? He seemed disappointed at $100?:confused:

Yes he really did, and that was six years ago and I still remember him. That was a 15 night cruise with my wife and I having a total of 6 -8 drinks per night. It might of been over a hundred drinks, so a dollar a drink seems pretty average. I do remember it was his first time as a cruise employee and he came from a job as a bar server in the UK.

PS some folks think the $2 bill is cute. BUT, it is often refused at foreign banks and stores. Thus making it difficult for the crew to use. Stick with $1 bills.

As for tips: $1 to the waiter in the Suite lounge per drink. And if we ask for dinner reservations, or solve a cabin problem or book a tour.... consierge gets a nice gratuity at the end of the cruise.

Yes he really did, and that was six years ago and I still remember him. That was a 15 night cruise with my wife and I having a total of 6 -8 drinks per night. It might of been over a hundred drinks, so a dollar a drink seems pretty average. I do remember it was his first time as a cruise employee and he came from a job as a bar server in the UK.
He wouldn't be getting tips as a bar server in the UK.

Maybe he was told people tipped a lot more than that on the ship.

We give a dollar a drink when we are served. I have noticed that is pretty much the norm.
On European cruises I seem to be one of the few if any other that tips per drink.

Often on the last night some people still don't tip.

$1 per drink when served. I never really gave much thought about the concierge in the D lounge as never asked for any special service from him though he does keep the espresso maker going, so should re-think this.

I don't normally tip the concierge as I never ask him to do anything personal for me. I think tipping the concierge is very much up to individuals and how much they use his/her services.

I tip $1 per drink in the lounge and for drinks loaded on my Seapass card. I used to tip at the end of the cruise, but find staff rotate more and lounges are more crowded than they used to be so the $1 per drink works better.

Incidentally, would never use $2 bills - agree that they are not common currency and might be hard to use. Had $2 bills questioned in US!!!!!