Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

The cost when some idiot knocks your wing mirror off and you have to get a new one, or you ruin two wheels in a huge pothole.  (Speaking for my daughter in law.) I am not sure if that is her model, but it is a pretty glamorous Jaguar.

Lola

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lincslady said:

The cost when some idiot knocks your wing mirror off and you have to get a new one, or you ruin two wheels in a huge pothole.  (Speaking for my daughter in law.) I am not sure if that is her model, but it is a pretty glamorous Jaguar.

Lola

The smartest thing I did when I got my new BMW was to take the 'wheel and tire insurance' package.  On the way home from the dealer I took a turn too closely and scratched the rear wheel – repaired for free.  Then on a recent service visit they noticed a blemish on a tire sidewall – replaced for free.  That's already covered the cost of the package and it still has several years to run.

• Like 1

Good for you, Jazzbeau.  What was most annoying was that neither of these was her fault.  When a pothole is full of water you don't know how deep it is, and seeing them over the long bonnet of the Jag doesn't help .I don't know if we have that kind of insurance in the UK - though with our awful roads we should, but they didn't want to claim on the normal insurance and lose the bonus.

I am sad and ashamed to say that our roads are in an awful state; DH and I damaged the suspension on our runabout in a big pothole, and trying to get the local Council to pay up is no joke.

On 5/22/2023 at 8:47 PM, jpalbny said:

I may not brie sure, deer Mysty, but you should not duck the responsibility which comes with having achieved crossword greatness. I'm just not sure what the sixth clue is but I have all of the rest. I can't think of silly malapropisms using the three longer answers.

On 5/22/2023 at 9:14 PM, mysty said:

I fennel sorry for you JP!  😄  However, your missive is witty and spot on!  Good Job! 🥰

On 5/23/2023 at 5:45 AM, Daveywavey70 said:

But surely A spar ar(e) gus(t)  the tip of the iceberg? 

I would start a rhubarb if someone was vichyssoise-ious to Mysty!

• Haha 3

Being naturally contrary, after some thought  it is no one singer who does it for me, but the playing of a guitar beautifully, and imagining words. From John Williams playing  Cavatina to Jeff Beck playing 'Cause We Have Ended as Lovers.  Am I a bit peculiar?

Lola

P.S.  Please don't answer that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SteveH2508 said:

Who turned out to be a very nasty piece of work (Which I only found out a day or two ago due to the death of another nasty piece of work).

Was he a friend of the artist also.

Shocking business.

Edited by Mr Luxury