Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

17 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Not understanding the airlines either.  We have a land tour of Ireland this summer.  Got an email from the tour operator saying AA had increased the price of our tickets by $50 each, would we accept this or cancel our reservations.  What??

Que, sounds like the operator didn’t ticket your flight, merely held a reservation. As such, the airline can adjust fares, or add surcharges (for fuel, etc.), to bulk tickets booked by tour operators in my experience. So, the tour operator is passing along the expense to you.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lirio said:

I am flying NZ next month; my flight was cancelled, and I was offered another flight a day after ok with the day change). My ticket is business class and the company simply put me in the economic without advice and without any refund. Three hours in the phone to get back the class I paid for.....

We had a similar problem with our return flights from FCO - SIN on SQ. I had booked with miles last year and chose the day after disembarking our cruise, the 15th,  to ensure we could make our flight. In early February we were notified they had changed us too the flight the day we disembarked the ship on the 14th. 

It took over a month, multiple phone calls and waiting for supervisors to call me back before it got resolved by me pointing out that there was redemption seats available on the 16th. Even then there was a few back and forth calls.

The silver lining is we will get to stay two nights in Tivoli post cruise which gives me a chance to visit Villa D'Este at a time outside of when day tours are likely to be visiting. Plus all the other interesting places around Tivoli.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

Not understanding the airlines either.  We have a land tour of Ireland this summer.  Got an email from the tour operator saying AA had increased the price of our tickets by $50 each, would we accept this or cancel our reservations.  What??

3 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Que, sounds like the operator didn’t ticket your flight, merely held a reservation. As such, the airline can adjust fares, or add surcharges (for fuel, etc.), to bulk tickets booked by tour operators in my experience. So, the tour operator is passing along the expense to you.

So if Que decides to pay the $100, should they ask the operate to ticket NOW to avoid further price increases?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, PaulaJK said:

SikverMoon question.

I have been reading about the many specialty restaurants as well

as the nightly offerings of La Terraza and The Grill. Is there a 

Main DR ?  Thanks IA

Good morning, the closest venue to a "main dining room" is Atlantide. They offer an extensive menu----beef, seafood, poultry, etc...etc....etc.........and it is also opened for breakfast and lunch. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi JP, been a while.......hope you and Chris are doing well and wishing you a fun trip and safe travels.🙂

Is this a land trip?

Hi Lois, thanks. Answering here so as to not drag Unibok's thread OT.

We're doing a land trip to Slovenia and Croatia. This is a reschedule from covid days. We were supposed to do a private tour of China in June 2020 for our 25th but you know how well that worked out! 

Since China shows no sign of opening up to tourists, we changed the dates and location to this current trip. Flying in and out of Paris so we'll have a day or two there on either end. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Hi Lois, thanks. Answering here so as to not drag Unibok's thread OT.

We're doing a land trip to Slovenia and Croatia. This is a reschedule from covid days. We were supposed to do a private tour of China in June 2020 for our 25th but you know how well that worked out! 

Since China shows no sign of opening up to tourists, we changed the dates and location to this current trip. Flying in and out of Paris so we'll have a day or two there on either end. 

Sounds like a wonderful itinerary and I really do hope you have a marvelous trip😃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lois,

In 2018 my wife & I, with an old multi-lingual friend from south of France, rented a car in Prague and wended our way to Milan, via Austria & Hungary, and including going through Slovenia & Croatia.  We spent two nights in Ljubljana, (which we loved), and dawdled on our way to Trieste.  Being beekeepers, we had to stop in Radovljica (Near Bled) to see the Cebelarski Muzej - a museum devoted to the history of local beekeeping, located in a lovely little town which we had visited on a day outing on a previous SS cruise.  And of course, we stopped at Postojna Cave, one of the largest cave complexes in the world, or so they say.  You get on a little train (Open topped, WATCH YOUR HEAD!!!),  and travel back into the limestone/karst mountain, into amazing caves with spectacular formations.  We would go back to Croatia & Slovenia in a minute.  I'd love to check out the Croatian coast, south of Trieste.  Spectacular country, wonderful food and wine, friendly people, and I think your travel budget stretches well there, also.  Enjoy your trip!  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

In Atlanta. Got in a little early from Albany, but the lounges in E and F both closed at 10:00! Lame. So we are hanging out at the gate, hoping we board soon. Probably not soon enough...

Hang in there JP.   Waiting is never my favourite part of anything!  I'm sure at this point it's not working extremely well for you! 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

In Atlanta. Got in a little early from Albany, but the lounges in E and F both closed at 10:00! Lame. So we are hanging out at the gate, hoping we board soon. Probably not soon enough...

Was there recently JP. All I can say is best of luck!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Was that not fun to watch! Tune in Sunday to find out!

A3F7E4E8-6F74-401B-AD39-76ABA94431B1.jpeg

GREAT WIN🙂........they are the first 15 seed ever to make it to the Elite 8..........congrats.😃 They play the Tar Heels tomorrow...........

• Like 1