Sky Suite Michael’s Club

mlkitt3

We are are in a Sky Suite for our next cruise the last time we were in a Sky we had a promotion that had all 4 perks. No perks this time. So if we go to Michaels Club at any time during the day do we pay for drinks, alcohol, bottle water. I know that pre dinner drinks and canapés are free

Thanks for any info you care share. 😀

We are are in a Sky Suite for our next cruise the last time we were in a Sky we had a promotion that had all 4 perks. No perks this time. So if we go to Michaels Club at any time during the day do we pay for drinks, alcohol, bottle water. I know that pre dinner drinks and canapés are free

You have full access to Michael's Club for being in a Sky Suite. You can come and go from Michael's Club and obtain drinks, bottled water, mixed drinks, wine, beer, etc. There is no charge for these beverages while you are in Michael's Club.

Drinks in Michael's club are free, pre dinner drinks will only be free if in Michaels Club or if you an elite and attending the Elite function or getting Elite coupons.

There is some very unclear wording out in cruise land that seems to indicate that the drinks in Michael's Club are only free during cocktail hour. That is not accurate. They are included in the price you pay for your cruise all day long, not just before dinner.

Your free drinks in Michael’s Club, unless there is a fridge (which I’ve only seen on the Summit) or the coffee machine is available to guests, are limited to the hours when the bartender/server is there. I don’t know how early they start. Sometime in the morning, I think.

They have a good selection a few 12 year old scotch’s , you can order a glass of wine or beer and carry into suite restaurant or any other area of the ship, if when we have drink package that’s is our favorite bar

MC hours are 7:30 am to 12 midnight. We have found that if there is no server there the concierge will find someone to take care of you or do it themselves. It seems that lately there has been less bar server coverage in MC but given the way it's advertised I expect to be able to be served anytime during their open hours. This is one area I don't think they should be cutting back on staffing.

MC hours are 7:30 am to 12 midnight. We have found that if there is no server there the concierge will find someone to take care of you or do it themselves. It seems that lately there has been less bar server coverage in MC but given the way it's advertised I expect to be able to be served anytime during their open hours. This is one area I don't think they should be cutting back on staffing.

What we found was happening was not a cut back in staff but some guests would come into Michaels and order a Speciality coffee or tea which required the attendant to leave Michaels and go to Cafe al Bacio to get the coffee/tea. Depending upon how busy Cafe al Bacio was they could be gone 10+ minutes. Once I realized that I stopped at al Bacio on the way to Michaels and got my coffee free due to Elite+. From morning until about 3 there was only 1 person working in MC so when she had to go get coffees, restock snacks, etc there could be a few minutes with no bar service. 90% of the time there was someone there and waiting a few minutes wasn’t a problem for us.

What we found was happening was not a cut back in staff but some guests would come into Michaels and order a Speciality coffee or tea which required the attendant to leave Michaels and go to Cafe al Bacio to get the coffee/tea. Depending upon how busy Cafe al Bacio was they could be gone 10+ minutes. Once I realized that I stopped at al Bacio on the way to Michaels and got my coffee free due to Elite+. From morning until about 3 there was only 1 person working in MC so when she had to go get coffees, restock snacks, etc there could be a few minutes with no bar service. 90% of the time there was someone there and waiting a few minutes wasn’t a problem for us.

Interesting. Most if not all of the MC's have commercial-grade Nespresso machines so not sure why the need to go to Cafe al Bacio unless for something very special.

You should be able to get a drink all day without a package. However, I read on another thread that those without a drink package could not take back unopened sodas or even bottles of water to their cabin. Also they were told by their butler that he could not bring free sodas or water to the cabin.

Sometimes the machine is behind the bar and not accessible to passengers. On other ships it is facing outward and passengers can "do it yourself". On Eclipse it is inaccessible, as I recall.

Also behind bar on summit

You should be able to get a drink all day without a package. However, I read on another thread that those without a drink package could not take back unopened sodas or even bottles of water to their cabin. Also they were told by their butler that he could not bring free sodas or water to the cabin.

I've been in all the ships and in Michael's Club and I've NEVER been told that I can't take unopened cans or closed bottles of water back to my cabin. I've also been able to take a pack of Tea Forte to the MDR.

But, you have a Premium Beverage package, don’t you, and that might make a difference. They know who has a package and who doesn’t

That's possibly true, but I've never seen a case where anyone has been told not to remove unopened cans and bottles. It might happen, but I've never seen it.

Traveling for the first time in a Sky Suite on a recent cruise on the Millennium, I simply asked the Michael's Club concierge for the policy concerning taking a drink from the lounge. He told me that they preferred that I leave with a full glass and, certainly, that I should have a full glass before I went to dinner.

It was a repositioning cruise so no beverage package came with the reservation, and we didn't purchase one. No problem at all having the butler put water in the room, both still and sparkling.

At no time was I made to feel uncomfortable about leaving with a drink.

I also read the thread where the people were told not to leave Michael's Club with a beverage and where they were declined beverage service. It really made me puzzled.

I've been in all the ships and in Michael's Club and I've NEVER been told that I can't take unopened cans or closed bottles of water back to my cabin. I've also been able to take a pack of Tea Forte to the MDR.

It must be your smile!;)

And some of the Michaels clubs have refrigerators with beer, water, and sodas that you can take with you, but not all of them do (unless this has changed in the year or so since I last sailed in a suite)

True. We found the refrigerated wall of beverages on Reflection but it didn't exist on Equinox.

I was one who reported on the other thread that I had 1 cruise of 3 on Equinox in the last year and a half where we were asked not to remove drinks. Even then it was restricted to alcohol, soft drinks and water were not a problem. That cruise was Nov of 2016. BTW I had a premium drink package on that sailing.

Our first suite is coming next year, but between Michael's Club, a full beverage package (included), and being Elite, I hope I get to remember some of it! (hic!) :)

You will have some wonderful but foggy memories , celebrity knows how to spoil suite people, loved lounge and suite restaurant , you will have a great cruise, can not wait for our next one in March .

I was one who reported on the other thread that I had 1 cruise of 3 on Equinox in the last year and a half where we were asked not to remove drinks. Even then it was restricted to alcohol, soft drinks and water were not a problem. That cruise was Nov of 2016. BTW I had a premium drink package on that sailing.

Too bad that happened - I would have complained to the newly created Suites Manager on board. Your experience is an exception rather than the rule - at least in my experiences with Michael's Club on many cruises.