Sailing on your birthday month

esper10

Hi all, sorry if I asked this question before I’m just not sure. I’m almost sure that I did but I can’t find the answer. This is what happens now that i’m Older:) does princess give any thing if you cruise on your birthday month? Such as free picture or voucher for $50.00 for the spa? If no what do they do if any? Thanks so much and once again sorry if I asked it before

LOL I wish! No, if you tell your TA to have your birthday celebrated while onboard, you get 2 balloons and a sign posted to your cabin door, a birthday card and a small birthday cake in the dining room.

The only time I got $50 OBC was during Princess' 50th Anniversary because I was also turning 50 yrs. then. That was a rare occasion.

LOL I wish! No, if you tell your TA to have your birthday celebrated while onboard, you get 2 balloons and a sign posted to your cabin door, a birthday card and a small birthday cake in the dining room.

The only time I got $50 OBC was during Princess' 50th Anniversary because I was also turning 50 yrs. then. That was a rare occasion.

Hubby and I both got in on the 50th anniversary too. Not only were we both turning 50 that year, we were both on the ship during our 50th birthday(s). It was our first cruise, so we didn't know how rare it was!

Hi all, sorry if I asked this question before I’m just not sure. I’m almost sure that I did but I can’t find the answer. This is what happens now that i’m Older:) does princess give any thing if you cruise on your birthday month? Such as free picture or voucher for $50.00 for the spa? If no what do they do if any? Thanks so much and once again sorry if I asked it before

No. Nada.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe this was a fluke... but on a cruise this past May, celebrating an anniversary, a $50 credit to the spa was sent to our room. It was just a card to be presented at the spa, not added to our account.

Sailing again in September, and have noted in our personalizer that it is my birthday - would be nice to receive another spa credit, but not holding my breath.

When I cruise last year with carnival on my birthday month I didn’t expect any thing but what a nice surprise I got. I had a birthday wishes card from Carnival plus $50.00 for the spa and a coupon for free picture I think $12.00 priced. I don’t know if they still do that but they did last year and now I’m thinking to book for 2019 during my birthday month

We've gotten this several times on Celebrity -- they sent an email with a promo code that added $50 obc for cruises in your birthday month. Not sure if everybody received it but have gotten it as recently as late last year. So, not a silly question from the OP! Worth a try, anyway ....but no, never seen that on Princess before.

@John Watson: 8% is the random distribution figure, but a lot of people take cruises to celebrate special events, such as milestone birthdays. I know we do that! My guess is that the percentage of birthday monthers would be much higher than the random 8.33%, maybe as high at 15%.

I don't really need the balloons on the cabin door!

@John Watson: 8% is the random distribution figure, but a lot of people take cruises to celebrate special events, such as milestone birthdays. I know we do that! My guess is that the percentage of birthday monthers would be much higher than the random 8.33%, maybe as high at 15%.

I don't really need the balloons on the cabin door!

I agree with you. It is not so much th $50.00 or the picture but it was so very, very nice especially that I didn’t expect any thing. People do book during special occasions and if it about the same cruise and you sail the same company I my self will go with company who will honor their special day

Sailed during my birthday week last year on the Emerald.

Got a $50 spa credit. Used it for a manicure.

Got a $100 credit for Effey. Exchanged it for a nice necklace no extra charge.

Got a card for a free pair of sapphire earrings. I don't have pierced ears so they offed me a very nice sapphire necklace.

Got a $25 credit in one of the gift shops, exchanged it for the Stanley Bear.

I am allergic to Latex and this was noted on my personalizer so was presented with a Mylar balloon by our steward. No balloons on our door.

Was recognized on all 3 ship sponsored tours as the "birthday girl" and received a small "gift" (magnet on 2, baseball cap on one).

Got the birthday cake in the specialty restaurant and the MDR.

Received chocolate covered strawberries and 2 bottles of the Korbel champagne on my actual birthday.

Now before anyone says that this was all from my TA I booked directly with Princess so nope.

Also as my husband is great in the gift giving department he had already given me my gift before we left, these were not from him.

On our family's Alaska cruise on the Ruby Princess the first week in July our son-in-law was celebrating his 40th birthday. He received the usual birthday cake - actually cakes since we were at SHARE on the birthday evening and they unexpectedly added the cake to all the other deserts we ordered and the next evening our waiter in traditional dining brought another one - plus a $25 gift card for use in one of the shops. With almost 25 Princess cruises - many celebrating a birthday - we had never seen that before.

My sister and I are booked on the Island Princess for a 15 day Panama Canal cruise in Nov. to celebrate milestone birthdays. I will be glad to post any awards or certificates.

I would think that if everyone who indicated s/he was celebrating a birthday, received $50 and upwards gift cards and onboard credit, then that would add up to considerable expense for the cruise line.

If the ship holds 3,000 passengers and even 10% of them ( 300 passengers) report a birthday, and each one receives $50 onboard credit, then that is $15,000 in onboard credit.

If each birthday person receives $75 in onboard credit, that that is $22,500 in onboard credit, not to mention the guests celebrating anniversaries, vow renewals, engagements, graduations, etc.

I never reported my birthday to any one. I didn’t even cruise because of my birthday it just happened to be. They have every person birth date. You don’t need to report it

Yes, they have my birthday and Anniversary in my information, but a company the size of Princess, which passengers change at least once a week, all over the world, I don't think there is a reasonable way to acknowledge each and every one.

I for one, would appreciate a little Princess "token" for my celebrations, as I don't care for cake and always skip it anyway. But a nice photo or ship oriented birthday item would make it special.

IF you want to note it on your particular cruise...the link is there to do so...If not...then skip it

I could care less about Princess giving me something for my birthday and the “month of” would be about as important as the “year of”. Last time I checked everyone has a designated birthday, one of 366 possible days. Celebrate your day with your cruise mates.

Just back from our 19 day diamond princess cruise around japan. Our table of 8 had 2 anniversaries and 1 birthday all on actual dates not just month.

The birthday girl got balloons notice on the door small cake and card. The anniversaries got balloons notice on door small cake. The couple with balcony also received $50 to be spent in spa but was 50 off a service so princess still making $$$. The couple with inside didn't get the $50.

Sailed during my birthday week last year on the Emerald.

Got a $50 spa credit. Used it for a manicure.

Got a $100 credit for Effey. Exchanged it for a nice necklace no extra charge.

Got a card for a free pair of sapphire earrings. I don't have pierced ears so they offed me a very nice sapphire necklace.

Got a $25 credit in one of the gift shops, exchanged it for the Stanley Bear.

I am allergic to Latex and this was noted on my personalizer so was presented with a Mylar balloon by our steward. No balloons on our door.

Was recognized on all 3 ship sponsored tours as the "birthday girl" and received a small "gift" (magnet on 2, baseball cap on one).

Got the birthday cake in the specialty restaurant and the MDR.

Received chocolate covered strawberries and 2 bottles of the Korbel champagne on my actual birthday.

Now before anyone says that this was all from my TA I booked directly with Princess so nope.

Also as my husband is great in the gift giving department he had already given me my gift before we left, these were not from him.

Yep. We sailed this summer about four days AFTER my birthday. Booked through Princess and didn't mention the birthday at all, other than when I had to input it for data. A couple days into the cruise...

Got a $50 spa credit (didn't use it)

Got something from Effy (ignored it? Can't remember what it was.)

Got a $25 gift store credit which we used on a $50 pair of binoculars.