Advice On Drink Packages

m8zenblue

Hello, as part of our cruise we received OBC and the Classic drink package.Our last cruise we were offered to upgrade from Classic to Premium on embarkation, I like top shelf liquor but we did not accept the offer.

My question is what is the charge to upgrade from Classic to Premium ?

Is it the difference in daily cost ?

Now that you can pay the difference on the drinks, whether or not it makes sense to upgrade just depends on how many top shelf drinks a day you will want. We planned on upgrading to premium but found wines we liked and all the cocktails we wanted available on the classic package. We did have a few upgraded cocktails but that cost around $3 a piece for the upcharge. Do you see talking around 5 top shelf drinks a day to break even for the daily upgrade charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our last cruise we had the Classic package. We found the wines enjoyable and had no complaints. The choices were still plentiful. It was included as a perk. We enjoyed the Martini Bar drinks, and were content to just pay the upcharge.

One difference is the choice of the "non-alcoholic" items, such as premium bottled water, San Pelligrino, vitamin water, etc. If these matter, then having 3 or 4 of these a day could help make a dent in the upgrade to premium.

On a side note...when in the main dining room, we enjoyed the wine steward helping us select the wine for the meal based on our menu choices. I had the feeling most of the time that they were more interested in making sure we had something we enjoyed instead of "what was limited on the Classic package". Some of the wines we had were outstanding, and I'm certain they were on the Premium package.

The answer to your question is in post #3.

The only thing left out is that you can upgrade anytime during your cruise until there are 3 or 4 days remaining and just pay for the remaining days.

Unlike other cruise lines you don’t have to upgrade for both in the cabin.

Drink up 🍺🍻🍸🍷🥂🍾

This is how I look that this. Your getting the Classic drink package. When you want top shelf liquor you will have to sign for the dollar amount above the Classic drink package. Or pay $16.52 per day upfront and not have to sign. It is my understanding that Celebrity does have some liquor that is above the Premium drink package limit. Check out the attachment it is dated March 2018. With Premium package you do get more than just top shelf liquor.

11026027_CEL_Beverage_Packages_Flyer.pdf

Can someone explain what the wine package is and how it works? It looks like the pricing varies? DH and I have maybe 3 glasses of wine (so 1.5 each) a night when cruising so the beverage packages don't seem like a great value to us, but we would probably go through 6 bottles over a two week cruise and would prefer not to have to sign each time at dinner.

There are different packages with 2 variables the number of bottles ( 3,5 or 7) and the wine selection - Classic package & Premium package . We booked a 7 bottle premium package on a recent cruise. We purchased it from our sommelier after looking at the wines available in both the Classic and premium package. Like the beverage package a 18% gratituty is added to the price.

Personally, I would wait and book this on the ship with your sommelier as they get some compensation for selling the package. A happy sommelier is a great friend

There are different packages with 2 variables the number of bottles ( 3,5 or 7) and the wine selection - Classic package & Premium package . We booked a 7 bottle premium package on a recent cruise. We purchased it from our sommelier after looking at the wines available in both the Classic and premium package. Like the beverage package a 18% gratituty is added to the price.

Personally, I would wait and book this on the ship with your sommelier as they get some compensation for selling the package. A happy sommelier is a great friend

Thank you for the helpful information and awesome tip-- I completely agree... plus, then we can determine if the quality difference is worth the price difference. One more question-- if you get the package, do you have to use it only in your primarily restaurant? Because our kids may not be able to join us in Luminae, I'd like to have the flexibility to use it wherever...though I recognize that once the bottle is open it would be a hassle to take it from dining room to dining room.

My DH and I enjoy Pelligrino which is included in the premium drink package. We also prefer the special Martinis made with premium vodka at the Martini bars. And canned soda is also included. For us, the upgrade is worth it. If you don’t care and drink pina coladas regular bottled water and specialty coffee-regular package fine.

On our last cruise we had the Classic package. We found the wines enjoyable and had no complaints. The choices were still plentiful. It was included as a perk. We enjoyed the Martini Bar drinks, and were content to just pay the upcharge.

One difference is the choice of the "non-alcoholic" items, such as premium bottled water, San Pelligrino, vitamin water, etc. If these matter, then having 3 or 4 of these a day could help make a dent in the upgrade to premium.

On a side note...when in the main dining room, we enjoyed the wine steward helping us select the wine for the meal based on our menu choices. I had the feeling most of the time that they were more interested in making sure we had something we enjoyed instead of "what was limited on the Classic package". Some of the wines we had were outstanding, and I'm certain they were on the Premium package.

DENIE

Did you get charged the extra $ on wine at dinner or are you just guessing you were given premium wines? I really think we will be better off just paying the difference in price if we order above a Classic drink option, and we were totally fine with Classic on our last cruise, but we do like wine so just curious if you were charged at dinner.

Thanks!

Kathy