New and Improved CC

I am very surprised at the Invision software choice.  I thought for sure they would either move to XenForo or upgrade to a newer version of VBulletin.   I am sure they have their reasons though.  

Edited by molole

I can't believe how small all the signatures are..............so small might as well just not even show them anymore and they take up so much space anyway,just do away with them.

Can' barely see the text now, so light.

I think we need another upgrade...........

I can hardly see the print.:classic_sad:

Did the little, green checkmark that showed you had posted to a thread previously go away?

I don't see it for my roll call and other thread where I've posted in the past.

Also, does anyone know if the "notify me of replies" thingy on the bottom of this thread has to be hit every single reply?  I get enough emails as it is.  I can very well recall what threads I've posted on without an email.  …..especially if that green check mark is there.

Nobody likes change, so obviously I hate it for now lol

But one thing I really really don't like and never will like is that with signatures it's all or nothing.  Just a blurb I can expand was really great.  Some signatures are too long and I feel like I need to hide all or be forever annoyed by scrolling through unnecessary stuff.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mikeandliz said:

All you people are really a pieces of work.  Complain, complain, complain.

it is new, and it will improve once the kinks are worked out.  What a bunch of freaking whining babies.  

I went away for a few minutes and had a hard time finding this thread.

Just to reply to Mikeandliz's post:  I've been a member since 2003 (notice I don't see that displayed any longer) and I've seen Cruise Critic through lots of 
"improvements".  However, I don't see the improvement in this new format.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mikeandliz said:

All you people are really a pieces of work.  Complain, complain, complain.

it is new, and it will improve once the kinks are worked out.  What a bunch of freaking whining babies.  

That is what UAT testing is for... to get the bugs ironed out before you roll it out.

LB - who has done a lot of UAT testing 

On my browser, a thread containing new replies has a bolded blue dot in front of it and a thread containing my replies has a blue star in front of it.

No green check mark but you can still tell the difference.  

Edited by molole

Looks like the last post is that blue dot on the left side (if you haven't looked at the thread)  OR blue star.  No new posts star is grayed out.

Preferred the green arrows, but this will work.  Text is just so hard to see.

Used to be able to find out how many replies you posted to a thread.  Appears that is gone.

SIGPic is also missing.

We'll get used to it, hey it's free!

3 minutes ago, hancogran said:
  • Sure hope they do something for the text size... it's just way too hard to read even after adjusting it to large in the settings.  

Are you guys complaining about this on your phones?  I had zoomed to 110% in my browser for the old cc and had to back it down to 100% for the new because it was too big.

27 minutes ago, Dixie1337 said:

Nobody likes change, so obviously I hate it for now lol

But one thing I really really don't like and never will like is that with signatures it's all or nothing.  Just a blurb I can expand was really great.  Some signatures are too long and I feel like I need to hide all or be forever annoyed by scrolling through unnecessary stuff.

Same with me. I turned off signatures but once in a while, I like to expand them to take a peak. If anyone knows how to do that, please let me know.

1 hour ago, Swank Pad G said:

I don't like how you can't go to specific ship thread. When I click on say Harmony of the Seas it goes into a search mode and lists posts on top from over 12 years ago. I liked it the way you had it before.

Yeah, I had the same issue. I clicked on "Liberty of the Seas" (since that is my next cruise) and it took me into search mode showing me every thread ever posted since the beginning of time with the word Liberty. - Carnival Liberty, Statue of Liberty, etc.

Not a complaint....just an observation.

18 minutes ago, molole said:

On my browser, a thread containing new replies has a bolded blue dot in front of it and a thread containing my replies has a blue star in front of it.

No green check mark but you can still tell the difference.  

Since I've replied to this thread I should have a blue star, right?

I don't.  The dot is gray, not bolded blue.  Does this mean I've replied?  Or just read?