Missing these

I know this doesn't answer your question, but if you go to the Cruise Critic "Boards" main page, to the "Forum Assistance" boards (at the top), there is a thread titled "Report Bugs & Glitches" to let them know.  I'm guessing that there are still some issues that they are trying to work out.

Maybe all the changes have strained my brain, but I used to click on Unread and it was miscellaneous threads, questions, rants, Live Froms, etc. I can’t find anything like that, now. I can click on Princess, Roll Calls or blogs or Ask A Question. Very specific, but no miscellaneous posts. 

36 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Maybe all the changes have strained my brain, but I used to click on Unread and it was miscellaneous threads, questions, rants, Live Froms, etc. I can’t find anything like that, now. I can click on Princess, Roll Calls or blogs or Ask A Question. Very specific, but no miscellaneous posts. 

All unread content is here https://boards.cruisecritic.com/discover/unread/#

Which is the activity tab, unread content

image.png.5a9f0e1c3d3b0b1c8889433d7678699c.png

5 hours ago, pghsteelerfan said:

I know this doesn't answer your question, but if you go to the Cruise Critic "Boards" main page, to the "Forum Assistance" boards (at the top), there is a thread titled "Report Bugs & Glitches" to let them know.  I'm guessing that there are still some issues that they are trying to work out.

I don't think it's a bug or glitch though.  I frequent 7-8 other forums of various topics and none of them leave the link in red after you've clicked on it.  ALL of them use bold for threads with new responses and unbold if you've read everything in the thread. 

1 hour ago, coevan said:

the only blue button is "reply to this thread"

The blue dot (or star) appears immediately to the left of the title of a thread that contains unread (by you) posts. You will see this in forum listings, and also in Activity Streams.

In the home page, you will also see blue dots to the left of the names of forums that contain unread (by you) posts.

1 minute ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I frequent 7-8 other forums of various topics and none of them leave the link in red after you've clicked on it.

I think that this was a setting in the style sheet. Browsers can store history of which URLs you've visited and colour them differently when you next see that URL as a link on a page. The style sheet (if my guess is correct) could specify that that colour should be red.

Personally, I found the read colour so annoying that I'd long ago switched to reading CC only in private/incognito windows so that URLs never got stored and I never had to see the red colour. I keep track of the threads I want to read using subscribed (now "followed") thread functions.

8 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

In addition I miss the "jump to a different forum" option that used to be at the bottom of each page.

While the "Forum Jump" option isn't there, you can accomplish the same thing by clicking on the "Forums" tab in the upper left.  Then scrolling to the forum you want, click on it.

Same number of clicks, just in a different place.

9 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

I have read this same comment from numerous posters on numerous threads, and all I can say is that I'm glad it works for you, but it doesn't work for me.

I find that on my iPhone it sometimes takes a few tries.

15 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

I have read this same comment from numerous posters on numerous threads, and all I can say is that I'm glad it works for you, but it doesn't work for me.

Do you see the dot/star?

Are you on a mobile or desktop?

14 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

I miss the "back to the top" arrow.

On pc Home key goes to top of page, End key to bottom.

On mac Fn-Left Arrow to top of page, Fn-Right Arrow to bottom.

On mobile tap menu button on right side of CC banner (top of screen) twice to go to top of page.

10 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Recent posts in subscribed forums and threads https://boards.cruisecritic.com/discover/followed-content/