Celebrity Apex's Blocks Are In The House!

Tall-Cruiser

I like the Sky Lounge because it has a view second to none and it is quiet in the evenings until late night dancing starts.

Eden was noisy and the singers were very average.  Eden restaurant had very good singers but strange skits.  The Eden restaurant should put together a coherent show with their talent.

7 hours ago, gcorgain said:

I'm in the middle someplace. I very much enjoyed Eden, but I can remember spending all day in the Sky Lounge when cruising the New Zealand fjords and can't imagine doing that on the Edge. So I think the itinerary matters to me in this decision.

You are likely right about that. I have only sailed the Edge in the Carib so far. I haven't done Alaska or fjords on any ship yet so may feel entirely differently about the Sky Lounge on one of those cruises. 🙂

I think we are aft view people in general. Even with access to the Retreat Sundeck, I rarely looked at the forward view - we love cabins in the aft and much prefer the wake view. I wonder if that says anything about us wanting to see where we've been, instead of where we are going? 😉

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I like the Sky Lounge because it has a view second to none and it is quiet in the evenings until late night dancing starts.

Eden was noisy and the singers were very average.  Eden restaurant had very good singers but strange skits.  The Eden restaurant should put together a coherent show with their talent.

Likely different on different cruises. Eden was very quiet on our cruises during the day and afternoon when we were looking for a quiet space and the singers top notch in the afternoon and evening. The Edenists on our cruises were very talented and athletic (and lovely people - we talked to a few of them) - the shows were very popular (we couldn't even get a seat one night), but I agree, not everyone's cup of tea. The singers and shows and ambiance will change over various cruises (as happens in the Sky Lounge - have seen some great and some poor entertainment there - it has been too loud there at times and quiet at others), but the Eden space itself is a winner for us.  We will continue to sail Edge Class ships, though will be happy on our Infinity cruise in a few months and will also enjoy our shows in the Sky (AKA Constellation) Lounge, as well as future S Class cruises to be booked. For us, it's all good! 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

I did go on the bridge on Edge.  They could have served me wine and given me a pass and it would have been almost as good as Sky Lounge.  

I was lucky enough to do a couple of bridge tours. It was lovely up there - you could sit here 😉

image.thumb.png.2cbe02e03dd57ed7c75411c1defc8ebd.png

Or even better, here:

image.thumb.png.fc5a90e4d74b0c523fd0a15863e9dfda.png

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I was lucky enough to do a couple of bridge tours. It was lovely up there - you could sit here 😉

Or even better, here:

image.thumb.png.fc5a90e4d74b0c523fd0a15863e9dfda.png

We were fortunate to do two Edge Bridge tours also, and did sit on those chairs for the second one.

You are right it was a very nice experience. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

We were fortunate to do two Edge Bridge tours also, and did sit on those chairs for the second one.

Probably where LLP and her DH sit when they visit the  bridge. 😉

Edited by vtcruising

I remembered today about the hippie van that was seen in early renderings of the Edge Retreat Sundeck and how disappointed I was to not find it the first day that I went up there. I did talk with Cameron Robertson, the Guest Relations Director, on our January cruise for quite a while and asked about the hippie bus. He was the only person I spoke with that acknowledged that it was originally in the plans (everyone else looked at me like I had two heads). He said that they were going to put it up there, but decided to do a full bar instead (the hippie van had a flip top and held beverages). 

I have a little tiny bit of hope for the hippie van to show up on the Apex, but I guess the full bar is a better option, if they can only do one or the other. 🙂

image.png.356b50bc011ff4bbb354e1cc212eb6cc.png

Edited by vtcruising

Seeing the picture of the tenders being loaded on the Apex made we wonder if the Edge tenders are still not being utilized as much as everyone thought they would be.  I have only seen or heard of a few occasions when they were used.  It seems as if when it would be possible to use them, they have not been used because of less than perfect conditions.  I also read that the water height has to bee just right.  Anyone have any additional or updated information on the tender usage?

16 hours ago, SCGirl3211 said:

Seeing the picture of the tenders being loaded on the Apex made we wonder if the Edge tenders are still not being utilized as much as everyone thought they would be.  I have only seen or heard of a few occasions when they were used.  It seems as if when it would be possible to use them, they have not been used because of less than perfect conditions.  I also read that the water height has to bee just right.  Anyone have any additional or updated information on the tender usage?

They were used for our Edge cruise in June 2019.  And I believe I read they were used the few weeks after that as well.  Perhaps they are being used more regularly now?

48 minutes ago, cricketgirl said:

They were used for our Edge cruise in June 2019.  And I believe I read they were used the few weeks after that as well.  Perhaps they are being used more regularly now?

We did not seem them used at all for our Sept 2019 cruise.  I would suppose that it has to do with the itinerary and how rough the waters are in tender port.  Our ports were changed due to weather.

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 1:08 PM, vtcruising said:

I remembered today about the hippie van that was seen in early renderings of the Edge Retreat Sundeck and how disappointed I was to not find it the first day that I went up there. I did talk with Cameron Robertson, the Guest Relations Director, on our January cruise for quite a while and asked about the hippie bus. He was the only person I spoke with that acknowledged that it was originally in the plans (everyone else looked at me like I had two heads). He said that they were going to put it up there, but decided to do a full bar instead (the hippie van had a flip top and held beverages). 

I have a little tiny bit of hope for the hippie van to show up on the Apex, but I guess the full bar is a better option, if they can only do one or the other. 🙂

image.png.356b50bc011ff4bbb354e1cc212eb6cc.png

Oh yes!.... The Magic Bus.....  I guess it turned out to be... "Too much, the Magic Bus". 

• Haha 1

On 10/18/2019 at 12:29 PM, C-Dragons said:

By the end of our All Access tour on EDGE i was a bit tired out...so I just hung out  for awhile in one of these comfy chairs..Amazing views, so light and bright....such a great area of the ship!

APEX is looking good! Still not many interior photos

Edited by hcat
  • Like 2

I would not hold out much hope for the hippie van on Apex.  I would prefer a full bar in the Retreat pool area anyway just like Edge.  But I like the hippie van and do not want to give up on it!  Perhaps it could be put somewhere else on the ship going with the Go Ask Alice theme.  Maybe just outside the enchanted forest passageway?  If not for drinks then use it as a bookmobile library!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I would not hold out much hope for the hippie van on Apex.  I would prefer a full bar in the Retreat pool area anyway just like Edge.  But I like the hippie van and do not want to give up on it!  Perhaps it could be put somewhere else on the ship going with the Go Ask Alice theme.  Maybe just outside the enchanted forest passageway?  If not for drinks then use it as a bookmobile library!

I like your ideas. I think you should work for X!!😉

46 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I like your ideas. I think you should work for X!!😉

Oh.  I was wondering what that dark strange passageway was.  Enchanted forest.  LOL. I would light up the area and put the hippie van in there.  They need some quiet entertainment areas on the ship.  There was also a Tiffany’s that no one visited.

Edited by NMTraveller

9 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Oh.  I was wondering what that dark strange passageway was.  Enchanted forest.  LOL. I would light up the area and put the hippie van in there.  They need some quiet entertainment areas on the ship.  There was also a Tiffany’s that no one visited.

LOL

• Haha 1

On 10/21/2019 at 8:52 PM, SCGirl3211 said:

The tenders are excellent and they were used on our 30th Sept sailing this year in Nauplion Greece. At least five were in use ours was perfectly piloted by 1st officer Rachel.

RX600631ms.jpg

RX600465s.jpg

RX600483s.jpg

RX600624ms.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Great idea about using the van as a book cart ...On our Edge cruise we had a nice litle cart for books just inside EDEN....seems those are now used to display goods in the shops area.  Jim is live now on EDGE and posted  the book cart/ library now in use.  He said it was  full when the cruise started.  I think the piece is ugly and not in keeping with the EDEN motifs

30EE4333-5FD7-49F0-B0C8-3448121143C7.thumb.jpeg.19ad17345ce967cdb7c521595d58287e.jpeg.jpg

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I know many disagree with me  but that Enchanted dark forest was a real pain in the butt for me.  I  have low vision in the dark,  plus progressive lenses. The place was too dark for a hallway,,,pathway was  narrow and uneven,  and scooter users zipped through like it was a raceway.   We had to go through there each day to get to BLU for breakfast and dinner...and the  EDEN area.  They should relocate that installation to a  diff place!

Tiffany store was a waste of space...same stock and prices as the current catalogue.  That would be a good spot for a  reading area/ coffee bar.  Lots of jewely stores on board.  I got a nice EDGE prism spinnner  necklace  that I love, reasonable cost..    Hope to add to my EDGE collection in Nov, and after that APEX

Happy we are seeing  more APEX pics......