RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, PCWalton1 said:

My cruise is finally within the 30 days required. Too bad it's completely sold out. 😥🤣 

Bid anyway.

Our cruise had also showed completely sold out for weeks. Despite that, I placed an extremely weak bid for a CL Suite 11 days from sailing, anticipating that there was no way we we would win since the ship was sold out and we were less than 2 weeks from sailing.

The good folks here all advised that just because it looks sold out, it may not be. They were so right and I was glad I did place the bid.

Our bid was accepted a few days later and we enjoyed the upgrade to the CL suite on the Oasis a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PCWalton1 said:

My cruise is finally within the 30 days required. Too bad it's completely sold out. 😥🤣 

I suspect that what we see as sold out is not the entire picture.

4 minutes ago, PCWalton1 said:

That's weird. I went to the upgrade page but I get this error even though our cruise starts Sept 20

Please ensure your sailing is within the next 30 days
Please ensure there are no errors in the information you entered

Well, Royal does have a problem with math.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, PCWalton1 said:

That's weird. I went to the upgrade page but I get this error even though our cruise starts Sept 20

Please ensure your sailing is within the next 30 days
Please ensure there are no errors in the information you entered

Did you book through a travel agent?  If so, they may not be participating and you would get the same message.

1 minute ago, timf2001 said:

Did you book through a travel agent?  If so, they may not be participating and you would get the same message.

I had no idea that travel agents could opt out of the RoyalUp program.

25 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Why would they opt out?  

The only thing I can think of is that they were thinking it may create added work for them.  More phone calls, paperwork etc.  They are already giving away most of their commission they want to book the client and never hear from them again. 

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The only thing I can think of is that they were thinking it may create added work for them.  More phone calls, paperwork etc.  They are already giving away most of their commission they want to book the client and never hear from them again. 

Commission increases with the acceptance of a bid, right?

My TA said no -- commission based only on the booking, not on after-market sales by Royal (Royal-up bids, Royal excursons, onboard purchases etc.)  At least - that's his agency's arrangement.

Edited by Truluv

9 minutes ago, Truluv said:

My TA said no -- commission based only on the booking, not on after-market sales by Royal (Royal-up bids, Royal excursons, onboard purchases etc.)  At least - that's his agency's arrangement.

This is from the FAQ sheet that Royal sent to all travel agents.

Q. Are the RoyalUp charges commissionable?
A. Yes, based on the commission percent on the booking. At this time, the only exception is for bookings that reserve under a net price code which will not earn commission on the upcharge.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Misc/18065216_RoyalUp_Trade_FAQ_Flyer.pdf

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 hour ago, Truluv said:

Methinks they are pulling your leg😉

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Murphy said:

On the Royal up page where you can update your bid prices

Sounds like Plusgarde (the company that runs Royal Up) is trying to catch up to RCI on IT glitch issues. I don't believe bids ever expire unless you withdraw them or on the night before sailing when you get the denial e-mail. Some weird things may happen if you upgrade yourself outside of Royal Up while bids are in.

Edited by Biker19

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Sounds like Plusgarde (the company that runs Royal Up) is trying to catch up to RCI on IT glitch issues. I don't believe bids ever expire unless you withdraw them or on the night before sailing when you get the denial e-mail.

I was hoping they expired because my other bid was going to be accepted but they haven't processed it yet!!

I thought maybe they expired because there were plenty of higher bids but it won't let me update them at all, even changing browsers and setting incognito. 

2 minutes ago, Murphy said:

I was hoping they expired because my other bid was going to be accepted but they haven't processed it yet!!

They won't accept more than one bid. Not sure how much control RCI has over Plusgrade but if you really want to change/delete a bid, you may want to call RCI.

On 3/15/2019 at 7:17 AM, maw311 said:

We leave tomorrow, and I checked all my offers and 5 out of 6 are expired and 1 is pending (grand suite) What does this mean?  do we still have a chance?

thank you,

3 hours ago, Murphy said:

Has anyone bid on multiple rooms and had 2 bids expire but 1 still pending?  If so did you end up winning the pending bid or did it eventually expire as well?

See the previous post from MAW311 on 3/15/2019 above...

My guess is that you lost those 2 bids that show expired, but your one remaining pending bid is still in the running.