RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

On 9/14/2019 at 6:49 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Other than wanting to know I’m not sure how it changes anything about your cruise.  Would you actually do anything different knowing you had a different room?  Worst case you show up at the port and the porters make new luggage tags

Maybe I would !! I also understand that something you ordered or are getting due to C&A level will be delivered to your previous cabin #.....And what if I get to the port and have no idea (it's been changed until I get inside the checkin terminal) and have given my old cabin number to the porter...who sorts that out ? ... My luggage ends up being in the hallway of my old cabin location.

Just a couple of situations that I thought could possibly happen.

51 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Maybe I would !! I also understand that something you ordered or are getting due to C&A level will be delivered to your previous cabin #.....And what if I get to the port and have no idea (it's been changed until I get inside the checkin terminal) and have given my old cabin number to the porter...who sorts that out ? ... My luggage ends up being in the hallway of my old cabin location.

Just a couple of situations that I thought could possibly happen.

The Loyalty Ambassador will sort out your C&A gifts. They are good at that.

FWIW, half the time my luggage in nowhere near my cabin.  

Though it is generally in the correct hallway. 😉

• Like 4

Hi All,

We are booked in a JS on Symphony leaving on 9/28 and made three royal up bids (GS, OS, and CLS) about 2-3 weeks ago. Today I checked on our bids and the GS and OS bids show as “expired”, while the CLS bid is still “pending”. Does this mean anything? Our credit card has not been charged. Hoping it may be good news, but don’t want to get my hopes up for naught. Thanks!

9 hours ago, uncwmark said:

Hi All,

We are booked in a JS on Symphony leaving on 9/28 and made three royal up bids (GS, OS, and CLS) about 2-3 weeks ago. Today I checked on our bids and the GS and OS bids show as “expired”, while the CLS bid is still “pending”. Does this mean anything? Our credit card has not been charged. Hoping it may be good news, but don’t want to get my hopes up for naught. Thanks!

Going on the same cruise as you. Booked in a JS also. Had considered Royal Up for CLS, but would rather book another cruise for that amount. Best of luck (fingers crossed) on your bid. CLS looks amazing!!!

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Basically it means you still are in the running for the CLS.  However, until you see the charge go through, it hasn’t happened.  Good luck.  You may be able to still raise your bid to increase your chances.

Thats the strange thing... the one bid which remains in a “pending” status is locked and won’t let me adjust the bid amount?  

5 hours ago, uncwmark said:

Thats the strange thing... the one bid which remains in a “pending” status is locked and won’t let me adjust the bid amount?  

Hope you get the CLS!  My DH and I were in one on our last Harmony sailing and it was unbelievable!    Two bathrooms was so great!  We each could bathe and get ready and the same time!  Hope that I can go back to a regular balcony cabin on our next cruise!

2 minutes ago, scurrymd said:

The answer may be there, but I haven’t read through all 148 pages.  Has anyone successfully upgraded making the minimum bid?  Or should I not even bother?

Yes, people have reported being upgraded with the minimum bid.

10 hours ago, uncwmark said:

How did you know it was "locked" did you actually try to modify it ? If so then what did it say ?

Just did our first bid for the second week of a B2B.  We have to change cabins anyway and the price seemed right for us.  

Does the minimum bid ever change and go higher?  Is this something you have to keep checking?  If so how do I check?  Might be a mute point since we bid the max what we felt we’d be comfortable paying. It would be pretty exciting to get a GS as we’ve never booked anything above a JS.  

it was fun to do and adds some excitement to the wait. I assume we might not find out until the end of our first week on board as it sounds like rejection emails come just a couple of days prior to the sail date.

16 hours ago, uncwmark said:

Indeed it was — we just received the “congratulations” e-mail confirming we had won bid to upgrade to CLS. So excited!! 

So wonderful!  The only negative is that we had a CLS on our last Harmony sailing and it is hard to consider another type of stateroom!  

Enjoy your cruise!

4 hours ago, Opal91086 said:

My bid was pending for over a month. No ability to modify or change it. 

Interesting, so it sounds like they accepted it, but either did not want to disclose the location, or had not picked the particular stateroom yet.