RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

So we got an email last night from Royal Up for our 10/20 cruise.  Put in minimum bid for Jr Suite, medium bid for Grand Suite and high bid for owners suite.  They took our minimum bid and we already have the cabin #.  Pretty good location too.  One cabin forward of the hump.  I'm happy.  At the time I booked a Jr Suite was over $1500. more so for $400.  good deal.  We are on three b2b cruises so this is the last one of the three.  Travelling with friends the first two weeks and we have side by side cabins.  I was surprised to hear back a month in advance.  Sure am glad I don't have to check my email everyday while on the first two cruises to see if we got upgraded.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, getaway101 said:

So we got an email last night from Royal Up for our 10/20 cruise.  Put in minimum bid for Jr Suite, medium bid for Grand Suite and high bid for owners suite.  They took our minimum bid and we already have the cabin #.  Pretty good location too.  One cabin forward of the hump.  I'm happy.  At the time I booked a Jr Suite was over $1500. more so for $400.  good deal.  We are on three b2b cruises so this is the last one of the three.  Travelling with friends the first two weeks and we have side by side cabins.  I was surprised to hear back a month in advance.  Sure am glad I don't have to check my email everyday while on the first two cruises to see if we got upgraded.

WOW!! You ALREADY have been given the upgrade! We are 10 days out now and no one on our Roll call has heard a thing. Lucky you! I thought it was fun (at first)...the excitement - the suspense - the day dreaming.... but now I am so over it.... just tell me...one way or another! LOL

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, getaway101 said:

Is your cruise still listed on the RC website? I heard back a month in advance also and I’m assuming it was part of a last minute shuffle right before selling out because it’s been off the site since that day.

On 9/18/2019 at 8:05 AM, uncwmark said:

Thats the strange thing... the one bid which remains in a “pending” status is locked and won’t let me adjust the bid amount?  

That happened to me. Two categories rejected and my remaining bid choice was “stuck” in pending for about 3 weeks with no cabins in that category available. When one opened up, I got the acceptance email and cabin assignment. Happy! Worth the wait! 

Just to help others trying to decide on Royal UP.  We just got word yesterday for our Nov. 3, 15 night TA on Brilliance we were upgraded from an interior room to Spacious Ocean View Balcony for the minimum bid (which was $250/person).  We were happy with our interior room location and price but thought if we got the balcony for that price would also be nice.  Happy to get the bid and to know this far in advance!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tannes said:

Just to help others trying to decide on Royal UP.  We just got word yesterday for our Nov. 3, 15 night TA on Brilliance we were upgraded from an interior room to Spacious Ocean View Balcony for the minimum bid (which was $250/person).  We were happy with our interior room location and price but thought if we got the balcony for that price would also be nice.  Happy to get the bid and to know this far in advance!

Yep, same thing as us on the same cruise! $250 a person to go from inside to spacious oceanview. And 40+ days out. This cruise has been so odd anyway with rccl. First it's not on the rccl website and now people got their royal up bids 40-50 days out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tannes said:

I'm so happy for you. We too are happy with our upgrade.I was not expecting much.Deck 8 aft is perfect for us on the Trans Atlantic.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CruiseBride926 said:

Is your cruise still listed on the RC website? I heard back a month in advance also and I’m assuming it was part of a last minute shuffle right before selling out because it’s been off the site since that day.

No it isn't BUT it is still showing up on other websites as having cabins available.  The 1st two b2b's are still showing up on RCI but I did not bid on those.

I've decided I'm not doing this on this trip. I got my room assignment from GTY and while there are situations I would like better, there are also some I'd like worse. I'm not sure I'd want to risk the ship position this time around.

Also, we're traveling with friends so we probably won't be heavily in the room. I'm planning to be out in the ports during the day.

I don't think I'd use it enough this time around but maybe in the future.

I haven’t read thru this long thread, but I put in two bids for our upcoming cruise on 10/21 and checked today and one says expired but the other still  says pending. 

What does expired mean? I would think it would say rejected if nothing is available. Last time we got an email the day before the cruise that we lost the bid. It didn’t say expired.  Has anyone else seen this?

17 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I haven’t read thru this long thread, but I put in two bids for our upcoming cruise on 10/21 and checked today and one says expired but the other still  says pending. 

What does expired mean? I would think it would say rejected if nothing is available. Last time we got an email the day before the cruise that we lost the bid. It didn’t say expired.  Has anyone else seen this?

Yes I have and the next day or a day later I got the Congratulations email. 

On 9/20/2019 at 3:40 AM, tannes said:

We just got the royal up email offering upgrades to Jr suite or Grand suite on our 11/18 Brilliance trip! It looks like there are no Jr suites available??? Why would they do this? There are many balconies still left ( which we currently have). Of course, we offered the minimum bid... doubt that we will get it though. It is still pretty far out for upgrades I think. 😏

Hi-

I sail tomorrow( Serenade) and my bid still shows as pending( bid on a balcony, currently in outside).

Was holding off printing Set Sail pass and luggage tags hoping to hear good news, since it's less than a day away, thought time to get printing. Set Sail printed fine, luggage tags are now grayed out and when I click into them I receive a message they are still processing, come back later. The luggage tags had previously been there when I checked( daily for the past week), anyone see this before? Not sure if I should still keep up my hope for a balcony?

Thanks!

Paula

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, scurrymd said:

If you bid up to a Junior Suite, do you still get double points?

No...you only get the points (associated) from your original booking....So if you booked anything under a JS you get single points.

16 hours ago, philpcruiser said:

We are 3 days out.  Have put in a very generous bid weeks ago.  Heard nothing yet.  The anticipation is/was not worth it.  Will never bid again.

We're 6 days out..... no one on our Roll Call has heard anything.... I am thinking like you …. ^^^^^^^^^^^^ 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, philpcruiser said:

We are 3 days out.  Have put in a very generous bid weeks ago.  Heard nothing yet.  The anticipation is/was not worth it.  Will never bid again.

1 hour ago, SRV FAN said:

We're 6 days out..... no one on our Roll Call has heard anything.... I am thinking like you …. ^^^^^^^^^^^^ 

Personally,  I enjoy the suspense 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 3:48 PM, Polomom said:

We just got the royal up email offering upgrades to Jr suite or Grand suite on our 11/18 Brilliance trip! It looks like there are no Jr suites available??? Why would they do this? There are many balconies still left ( which we currently have). Of course, we offered the minimum bid... doubt that we will get it though. It is still pretty far out for upgrades I think. 😏

Are there any full suites available?

If so, its possible for an existing JS passenger to move to that freeing a JS.