RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

So interesting, my parents booked 3 rooms for our December cruise (3 different reservations #s but 3 rooms side by side).   My parents got a RoyalUP email 2 days ago but no one else did.   Is that 1 email for all 3 rooms or just theirs?

Just now, Howie411 said:

So interesting, my parents booked 3 rooms for our December cruise (3 different reservations #s but 3 rooms side by side).   My parents got a RoyalUP email 2 days ago but no one else did.   Is that 1 email for all 3 rooms or just theirs?

Just theirs.

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Not everyone gets to bid, even inside 30 days. One of the main reasons cited is the booking is with a TA which opted out of Royal Up.

I don't book with TA's primarily because I find them useless for this kind of matter and second because I want to be able to manipulate my own booking as I see fit.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Andy C said:

I don't book with TA's primarily because I find them useless for this kind of matter and second because I want to be able to manipulate my own booking as I see fit.  

Never seen something I agree with more. I'm a control freak and I won't rest until I know everything is booked exactly how and where I want it.

On-topic: I guess I'm one of the unlucky shmucks who didn't use a TA but still can't bid on an upgrade. 25 days out, no email, and trying to check it on the website it kicks me back every time with the "make sure your sailing is in the next 30 days/make sure all the information you entered is correct" popup. Guess I'll keep my OVB and like it, darn it. 😂 

• Like 1

I bid last night and when I click back on the link all it says is "offer received". Does this message change? I see some people are saying expired or pending. Where are you seeing this?

We sail next Sunday (10/13) so I am not banking on getting anything. We only bid because we got the offer a while ago and didn't bid, but then got one yesterday and thought it was kind of interesting we were getting one so close to sailing. Thought maybe there was a chance. We are currently in a crown loft suite and bid on a star loft suite. 

4 minutes ago, Hammergirl said:

Where are you seeing this?

but then got one yesterday and thought it was kind of interesting we were getting one so close to sailing.

The status should be listed in same place where you placed your bid

That's just an automated marketing tool/reminder - it is not updated. We got one of those (with old info) even after we upgraded ourselves.

Edited by Biker19

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

That's just an automated marketing tool/reminder - it is not updated. We got one of those (with old info) even after we upgraded ourselves.

Ahhh ok - that makes sense. Like I said, we are not expecting anything and are very happy where we are if we don't get it. 

Thanks!

The email came in last week for me. Right now we are in an ocean view. Not interested in a balcony which is two of the offers. However I do see the paranomic suite. I do know there is only two on the ship so have put a reasonable bid. Minimum was £50 so put £250 for 5 nights. I'm ok if we don't get it with only two and neither showing to buy for our cruise.

I suspect this question has been asked somewhere in the 150 pages, but the search isn't too helpful. 

How can the RoyalUp program give the option for upgrades to a Suite if they are "sold out" in the booking page?

I put in a bid on suite.... it's still pending.... Thought I would run the numbers to see if it's worth doing on my own to get the extra points, but they are all showing as sold out.

How does that work? Do they have some blocked out for the RoyalUp program?

2 minutes ago, CruisinCampbells said:

I suspect this question has been asked somewhere in the 150 pages, but the search isn't too helpful. 

How can the RoyalUp program give the option for upgrades to a Suite if they are "sold out" in the booking page?

I put in a bid on suite.... it's still pending.... Thought I would run the numbers to see if it's worth doing on my own to get the extra points, but they are all showing as sold out.

I think I read earlier that unless you are already getting the double points (as in a JS now),  you cannot get them for moving up (from a balcony).  Someone will have to verify that for me.

2 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I think I read earlier that unless you are already getting the double points (as in a JS now),  you cannot get them for moving up (from a balcony).  Someone will have to verify that for me.

Yep! I'm aware. I was trying to run the numbers on the suite straight through Royal Caribbean to see if it was worth doing it directly and not through RoyalUp.

7 minutes ago, CruisinCampbells said:

There could be a last minute cancellation

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CruisinCampbells said:

Do you think if I called them directly the RCCL booking agent will see all available inventory?

Bookable inventory yes, but there may still be other inventory which is held back. Also, the inventory is just a snap shot in time, anything can open at any time, hence the need to line up folks in Royal Up for possible upgrades, even if it never happens.

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Bookable inventory yes, but there may still be other inventory which is held back. Also, the inventory is just a snap shot in time, anything can open at any time, hence the need to line up folks in Royal Up for possible upgrades, even if it never happens.

So I called.... Interestingly, they see what I see. SOLD OUT. However he did confirm that the only inventory in those categories that would be available are the rooms that are blocked off for the RoyalUp program..... 

My guess was correct, i suppose.... they block off rooms for this purpose.... 

20 hours ago, CruisinCampbells said:

How can the RoyalUp program give the option for upgrades to a Suite if they are "sold out" in the booking page? ...

Royal's (and other's) website do not show the entire picture of inventory.

navigator sailing in October interior guarantee to promenade got it for 30PP$

We sailed last month but weather was bad so we decided to book again I had an owner suite thanks to royal up from a junior suite, well this time I had an interior and had offers for virtual balcony ocean view balcony and so on but only opted for promenade  biding the minimum 2 days later got the email accepting my offer and new documents 

• Like 1