RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

We are sailing on the Harmony 11.10 and had a grand suite, received notice today that our RoyalUp bid was accepted 🙂  We are now in a 1br AquaTheatre Suite - can someone share the differences between the two - other than obvious location.

Are there different suite perks between the two types of cabins? We have sailed in GS several times so I am familiar with the perks for a GS, just wondering about the ATS....

Our cabin was updated immediately however our luggage tags still show the old suite on deck 8 - is there a way to fix this?

This is our daughters wedding as well (getting married on the ship) so this is really special cruise 😉 

I think the GS and ATS are both Sky so will have the same Suite Perks.  But, that balcony!  You should be able to have a great time at sail-away, watching the show, or wonderful get-together for the wedding party.  Enjoy!

J

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jk04 said:

I think the GS and ATS are both Sky so will have the same Suite Perks.  But, that balcony!  You should be able to have a great time at sail-away, watching the show, or wonderful get-together for the wedding party.  Enjoy!

J

Yes, only the 2 bedroom ATS is STAR. 

Decks 8-10

• Like 1

On 11/26/2018 at 9:24 AM, Biker19 said:

They can now lay off all the folks who used to call for upsells.

Maybe I'm showing my age, but I remember getting upgraded rooms completely for free. Those were the days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

You'll need to call to get the edocs reissued with the new cabin.

RCI emailed me the complete edocs package with updated luggage tags the day after my RoyalUp was accepted.  The new luggage tags also showed up in my Planner "View Boarding Pass" screen at the same time. 

/Greg

6 hours ago, ano said:

Maybe I'm showing my age, but I remember getting upgraded rooms completely for free. Those were the days.

I remember those days and they still exist every once in awhile. We got a free cruise in July on the Empress. 

28 minutes ago, Defender1158 said:

RCI emailed me the complete edocs package with updated luggage tags the day after my RoyalUp was accepted.  The new luggage tags also showed up in my Planner "View Boarding Pass" screen at the same time. 

/Greg

Thank you, maybe I’ll get something today. 

4 hours ago, Defender1158 said:

/Greg

Same for me

On 10/11/2019 at 8:14 AM, kpark895 said:

Originally had an OV on Serenade of the Seas, leaving for Bermuda Sunday.  For the past 6 weeks or so, cruise has appeared to be pretty much sold out, although every once in a while a suite would pop up as available.  When bidding first began, I only bid on a regular balcony.  Yesterday I decided to up my bid a little, and also bid on the spacious OV Balcony.  Several hours later, received the notice that I was upgraded to a junior suite!  My spacious oceanview bid was for $5 more than the minimum bid available and considered weak.

Interesting, we are on a 12 night repositioning cruise on Serenade at the end of Oct. my wife and I were in an inside room which I got for a very low price. I put a bid in for $10 over the minimum bid on a balcony and found out yesterday that we got the bid accepted. I checked online and the room I gave up was now selling for $1300 over what I paid and the room type I got was no longer available but at one point was selling for $2000 over what I paid with my bid. Best news is the bid didn’t change my taxes and as the agent for my trip I got an increased commission. So all in all it was a good experience for me and not a large investment to go from a 4v inside to a 1d balcony.

mike

Edited by Motorman23

Without having to read through 153 pages, can someone give me the cliffs notes on RoyalUp?

We are booked on the 11/9 sailing Anthem (27 days out) and I have been checking the RoyalUp site daily since day 30 and it keeps telling me to make sure i typed my information correctly and that the sailing is less than 30 days out.

Is RoyalUp a targeted program? We are booked in a Grand Suite, and  when I checked, the Owners Suite and Owners Loft Suite were still available, and I was thinking about bidding for one of them.

This is my first time on RCI, In the past I was able to call the NCL upgrade department to see what they had available. Would I be able to get anywhere by calling RCI?

4 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Without having to read through 153 pages, can someone give me the cliffs notes on RoyalUp?

We are booked on the 11/9 sailing Anthem (27 days out) and I have been checking the RoyalUp site daily since day 30 and it keeps telling me to make sure i typed my information correctly and that the sailing is less than 30 days out.

Is RoyalUp a targeted program? We are booked in a Grand Suite, and  when I checked, the Owners Suite and Owners Loft Suite were still available, and I was thinking about bidding for one of them.

This is my first time on RCI, In the past I was able to call the NCL upgrade department to see what they had available. Would I be able to get anywhere by calling RCI?

Yes not everyone gets to bid.  How that is determined is a mystery

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Yes not everyone gets to bid.  How that is determined is a mystery

We and another couple who had winning bids are diamond plus. Our bids were considered weak by the system when entered but we both won an upgrade. Not sure if status had anything to do with it but the fact we were in low priced inside rooms that got released and repriced for apx 50% higher may have have something to do with it. Not sure, I figure they have an algorithm based on the price they can resell your room for and the amount you bid and general availability.

Edited by Motorman23

2 hours ago, SilentHill said:

Did you book through a travel agent?  Some do not participate, including one of the largest wholesale clubs.

Norwegian uses the exact same bidding system as well.  No more calling to upgrade unless you want to pay the full going rate.

Edited by timf2001

2 hours ago, timf2001 said:

Did you book through a travel agent?  Some do not participate, including one of the largest wholesale clubs.

Norwegian uses the exact same bidding system as well.  No more calling to upgrade unless you want to pay the full going rate.

Pretty sure my TA does participate. I asked her about it, and she said that a few times her clients have won bids for upgrades and RCI just notifies her afterwards.

Also, pretty weird. The 11/9 Sailing is no longer on the RCI site when going to book. Do they do this when they are going through the RoyalUp process?

Edited by SilentHill

On 10/11/2019 at 7:14 PM, ATLD said:

Agreed anticipation waiting for assignment may cause some stress and the result of what you may get with the GTY may not meet your expectations but that is part of the deal with a GTY booking.  I had a GS GTY with no suites showing "available" for a few weeks, but 4 days before departure I was assigned a Star Loft.

When you go to a hotel and stay for a week, you usually have no clue what room you will be in.  Let alone a room map of all the rooms and choices of rooms.

I find it interesting that on a ship you can pick your room, or not!

I always do GTY, it's less expensive and wherever we are, we enjoy it.

3 hours ago, marceloyga said:

Hello

A star loft suite on Oasis is showing on the royal up as ski class and on Royal Caribbean’s web its star Class

are they takin away the star perks for RoyalUp ?

3 hours ago, marceloyga said:

Hello

A star loft suite on Oasis is showing on the royal up as ski class and on Royal Caribbean’s web its star Class

are they takin away the star perks for RoyalUp ?

can you post a screenshot?