RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, Gerginator said:

I sail this Sunday and have had a Royal Up bid in for quite some time, but suddenly I’m now getting the “30 days” error message after being able to log in as recently as yesterday. Is it typical when the sailing gets this close that it just stops letting you in?

I just checked mine too for Feb 29 Symphony cruise and I’m getting the same message.  I was even on this morning checking it and it was fine but not now 🤷🏻‍♀️

32 minutes ago, Littleone15 said:

I just checked mine too for Feb 29 Symphony cruise and I’m getting the same message.  I was even on this morning checking it and it was fine but not now 🤷🏻‍♀️

Same here, I’m hoping that it means we’re being upgraded and not just a glitch on the page 😁 🤞 whatever the issue is, it’s driving me crazy in anticipation! 

2 hours ago, tvlworm said:

I’m having a somewhat similar issue. When I try to check my status, it shows this. I’m not sure if this means rejection or acceptance is coming! 

7EADF05D-D4A1-4A98-AB6A-31D7969099FE.jpeg

I got this message today as well as I wanted to check my bid on a Jr. Suite. So in an effort to investigate, I ended up checking my cruise and seeing that there was indeed a Jr. Suite available, even though the site would then tell me it wasn't available when I clicked on it. I called RCCL and ended up talking to a rep that said, "Yes, the suite is available" and they let me upgrade (i.e., pay the difference).

Thing is, paying the difference ended up being the same as what my bid had been if it had been accepted, so I don't know what their methodology is. When I asked the rep why it said I wasn't "eligible" anymore, he said it was because there wasn't any inventory to bid on...as I was booking said inventory. LOL? Hope this info is helpful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tvlworm said:

I’m having a somewhat similar issue. When I try to check my status, it shows this. I’m not sure if this means rejection or acceptance is coming! 

7EADF05D-D4A1-4A98-AB6A-31D7969099FE.jpeg

Just tried to go in an edit an offer I made this morning and it says "You're not eligible for an upgrade" - anyone else see this before?

10 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We just got our bid accepted from ocean view to balcony for next weeks sailing on Enchantment.  We did bid the max at $200 pp.  However total is still less then what balconies were originally going for.  Let me put it this way.  We originally booked an ocean view at the same total cost that we are now paying for a balcony.  We had a $400 price reduction several months before final payment which we caught.  Who hoo! Even more excited now!

That’s awesome! Congrats

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stompy said:

Just tried to go in an edit an offer I made this morning and it says "You're not eligible for an upgrade" - anyone else see this before?

We waited a few hours and were finally able to get back in.  BUT all our bids showed $0.  So we had to go back in a redo them all.  The next hurdle is if we win the Villa Suite we need to transfer guests from another room to ours and it doesn't look like that is possible without cancelling their cruise and giving up the funds...

9 hours ago, stompy said:

All is back to working normal this morning, my bids are now showing back up (still pending). 

43 minutes ago, stompy said:

We waited a few hours and were finally able to get back in.  BUT all our bids showed $0.  So we had to go back in a redo them all.  The next hurdle is if we win the Villa Suite we need to transfer guests from another room to ours and it doesn't look like that is possible without cancelling their cruise and giving up the funds...

I havent gone back and looked at the Royal up "rules" but Im almost 100 pct sure if bid is won, they dont allow any add ons in room that was won with bid? May want to check just to be sure. 

1 hour ago, stompy said:

From what I’ve read on here, you cannot add guests to the room. So you could just have them stay with you in that room and keep the other while absorbing the cost of the empty room. 

13 minutes ago, Littleone15 said:

From what I’ve read on here, you cannot add guests to the room. So you could just have them stay with you in that room and keep the other while absorbing the cost of the empty room. 

cancelling their room would be the only way we can fund them

also the whole point of the upgrade would be to get Star benefits for everyone and get grats, bev pkg, and dining included

6 minutes ago, stompy said:

cancelling their room would be the only way we can fund them

also the whole point of the upgrade would be to get Star benefits for everyone and get grats, bev pkg, and dining included

They are correct you can not officially add people to the room once a bid has been won so RoyalUp may not be a good option for you.

On 2/18/2020 at 5:58 PM, Desert Cruizers said:

If you get the cabin, he could sleep in your cabin. If you do not get the bid then your present cabins would remain the same. 

Thanks, glad Dad could stay in our cabin.  Do you know if they would be willing to give him a key to our suite so he could come/go?

Thank you!  Lynne

41 minutes ago, molly361 said:

yes you can get him a key

Off topic, but this reminded me of a prior cruise.  When our kids were teens, we'd book them into an interior cabin across the hall from our cabin.  I'd always get an extra key for their cabin.  They never knew when Mom would check compliance with curfew or check if they were keeping their cabin tidy.  Imagine my shock when I used my key one afternoon to check their cabin,  turned on the light...and discovered one of my high school sons in bed with a college girl.... When I had A TALK WITH HIM, he told me that my instructions to the kids were not to go into anyone else's cabin.  I had apparently neglected to add that no one should be invited into their cabin, never mind the other stuff 😬.  Yeah...that kid is now a lawyer LOL.

Edited by Truluv
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 2/20/2020 at 8:42 AM, cruisegirl1 said:

Yes - RCCL really doesn't care who sleeps where.  About a year ago there was some weird pricing,  (and perhaps because of the 150% single supplement) it was cheaper to book a single JS and a single interior than to  book the JS for the two of us.   

We told the cabin attendant of the interior that we would not use the cabin, we left his gratuity in place.  Then we let the JS attendant know there would be two in the cabin and added extra gratuity.      No problem at all.

Really no different than if two  passengers hook up and  use one cabin for a night or the cruise.  😀

M  

but the issue isn’t the sleeping arrangements, it is the Star Class benefits. They wouldn’t get Genie service

7 hours ago, Canmilitarywife said:

I had a GTY balcony, did royal up for a more spacious balcony. 30days out today and got my room assignment so I guess I didn’t win the royal up! 

I don't think that that is necessarily the case.  You would be assigned your room independent of the the Royal Up program.

I just received my Royal Up offer for our May 5 Honolulu to Vancouver on Radiance.  That's 75 days out!  That seems quite early.  

We are in 6D-GTY and were offered the Spacious Oceanview Balcony for $100 min. per person and JS for $400 per person.  We'll be happy with any balcony so I just dont see spending the money for a JS on Radiance that doesn't include the double points.  Just not enough benefits to justify a minimum of $800 on. Also, I don't really think there is much difference between the regular balcony and the spacious balcony.  The spec says 25 sq. ft.  I'm sure we could tell the difference if we compared them side by side but other than that I think i'd regret throwing the money at it.

We haven't been assigned a cabin yet so, once we are, if I hate the location maybe I'll  bid but not likely.

Was RoyalUp’d today for our cruise on Oasis sailing In two days-Sunday, Feb 23. Started out in a Grand Suite for 4 of us a few doors down from the rest of our family that are staying in a 2 bedroom Grand Suite. Bid the minimum on several cabins and won with $950 for a Crown Loft! We’re thrilled as we stayed in one for honeymoon and the kids have always begged to stay in one! Sorry, fam! See ya in the lounge, haha! 

• Like 3