RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

5 hours ago, islandwannabee said:

This thread is very long, have not read it all. My questions is does everyone get a royal up email and chance to bid? Are they always 30 days out? Cruising on serenade 3/13 and have been waiting for email.

Thanks for your help.

I got mine for my cruise March 22, 55 days out.

People say that it's possible.  I've  always gotten my rejections at the last minute (very late on the night before I cruise).  I check how much the next category of cabin would be when I make my reservation, and weigh whether to upgrade when booking.   I usually book a balcony or a JS at least 6 mos.+ before the cruise.  When Royal Up opens for bidding, I don't bid for any upgrade that would cost more than if I had just bought it in the first place.  My bids usually are in the mid-range of "fair." 

The odds of getting into a balcony from an interior cabin appear  better, esp. on big ships where there are more cabins.  I guess that the odds when trying to bid up into the suites are much lower, since the percentage of suites is lower.  We've also heard that Royal Up bidding is offered (marketing purposes? for last minute cancellations?) even when ships are at capacity.  It's great hearing from the winners, but I suspect there are many more losers. That doesn't stop me from trying 😀.      

• Like 1

Whilst  I realise that there is a good chance that our sailing on the Quantum for 22 March will be cancelled,  I got the Royal Up email a few days ago.

I thought,  why not, as we were in a JS and the prices were lower than others I've seen so placed a bid on each. 

Got a quick reply and a very cheap upgrade to a Sky loft suite. IF things were to calm down in the next 5 weeks then excellent. If not then no change from where we are just now.

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

So as long as you haven’t got a rejection email you’re still in the running ,is that correct?

Do they notify you either way? Or it’s a guessing game.

They will notify you either way. your are still "theoretical " in the running until the notice your bid was not accepted 

41 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

So as long as you haven’t got a rejection email you’re still in the running ,is that correct?

I have still never been successful on my bid, though I don't really do it very often, especially if I am doing a B2B or more (like to keep same cabin).  

For every rejection email that I have received,  has indeed come in some where between 4-6 am the day of the cruise...so yeah...IMHO you are still in the running up until then.  😉 

Edited by island lady

Just received my Royal Up for our April 12th cruise on Oasis . Not sure if I will bid since we are in Crown loft and purchased UDP

Star loft Star Class Min bid $800 pp

Aquatheater - 2 Bed Star Class $400 pp

Ultimate Panoramic Star Class $400 pp

Aquatheater- 1 Bed Sky class $100 pp

1 minute ago, Tulsacoker said:

Just received my Royal Up for our April 12th cruise on Oasis . Not sure if I will bid since we are in Crown loft and purchased UDP

Star loft Star Class Min bid $800 pp

Aquatheater - 2 Bed Star Class $400 pp

Ultimate Panoramic Star Class $400 pp

Aquatheater- 1 Bed Sky class $100 pp

If you got the star loft on departure day ,what about UDP or a drink package?

I suppose the first thing would be go to guest service and cancel it .

I just checked my Royal Up status.  I originally put bids on the Star Loft Suite, Aqua theater 1 and 2 bedroom, Crown Loft and Ultimate Panoramic.  After a lot of thought, I canceled the Ultimate Panoramic and the Aqua Theater 1 bedroom.  I am happy with our current Grand Suite, but I think the other options would be fun.  I went on a few minutes ago to check and the Star Loft and the Aqua Theater 2 bedroom both say expired.  I am unable to modify my bid for the Crown Loft suite.  I am able to still bid on the Ultimate Panoramic and the Aqua Theater 1 bedroom, but none of the other options that originally appeared are there.  

I am hopeful that since I cannot modify my Crown Loft bid, it is at least in the running.  I have seen posts on here where when some bids expire and another is a pending that cannot be modified, the pending one is usually awarded.  What is the time frame for that?  How many hours/days from no change pending to awarded?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Fingers crossed that you get your wish granted. 

Royal told me that to upgrade to to a balcony I would need to pay them $1600aud per cabin. Nope

i was advised to call back 4 days prior to sailing.

24 minutes ago, Esilef said:

Fingers crossed that you get your wish granted. 

Royal told me that to upgrade to to a balcony I would need to pay them $1600aud per cabin. Nope

i was advised to call back 4 days prior to sailing.

So did you book directly or a agent?