RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

15 minutes ago, Crism said:

Disregard! They were literally IN THE PROCESS of upgrading us from Obstructed Ocean View Balcony to Grand Suite on Quantum!!! Coming from someone who normally does Interior rooms, this is going to be INSANITY!!!

Congratulations!!

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I was told that you couldn't, but maybe it depends on the person I spoke with. I never tried it on line. Always getting different answers from different people so who knows. 

I can officially confirm that Interline rates DO get upgraded!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fla gang said:

Do you always place your bid amount at what they have on Royal up or do you set it to the minimum bid. I just did $100pp for a balcony on the Rhapsody. Does it make any difference being a Diamond member?

Being Diamond makes no difference

On 2/8/2020 at 10:04 AM, Biker19 said:

So, you want a daily email saying your bid is pending? Like most every one, you will get the denial email around 6PM on the day before sailing. This has been reported for months. You know exactly what to expect - not sure how things can be improved. 

Mine actually comes in around 4-6 AM on the DAY of the cruise.  

Like Island Lady, I usually get my rejections very late at night or early in the morning of the day that I cruise.  I'm usually in a JS bidding for a GS.  The odds of an empty GS in the Royal Up pool are probably lower just based on the number of them on the ship, but you never know 😀.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Truluv said:

Like Island Lady, I usually get my rejections very late at night or early in the morning of the day that I cruise.  I'm usually in a JS bidding for a GS.  The odds of an empty GS in the Royal Up pool are probably lower just based on the number of them on the ship, but you never know 😀.  

I hadn’t thought about choosing my bids based on the number of rooms in each category, great tip! I’m going to make some changes for what I currently have pending 🙂  

1 hour ago, CruiseWendy said:

I placed three RoyalUp bids on 1/6 for my cruise that leaves this Sunday 2/16. Two of those bids now show as expired and the 3rd for a GS is showing pending. Now I have my hopes up 🙂

Well...one hour after I posted this I received my upgrade email from Royal. Soooo excited! It's been a sold out cruise for a while. GS here we come! FYI- I put in what was considered a fair bid. I'm not telling my family until we arrive. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CruiseWendy said:

Well...one hour after I posted this I received my upgrade email from Royal. Soooo excited! It's been a sold out cruise for a while. GS here we come! FYI- I put in what was considered a fair bid. I'm not telling my family until we arrive. 

How exciting! Great idea to surprise your family!
I am the one who bids every time from JS to GS, and failed x4.

You give me hope for my March 1st Liberty cruise. Keep making strong moderate bids...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruiseWendy said:

I placed three RoyalUp bids on 1/6 for my cruise that leaves this Sunday 2/16. Two of those bids now show as expired and the 3rd for a GS is showing pending. Now I have my hopes up 🙂

I leave on 2/15 on Symphony and 2 of mine are expired and 1 pending.....just check the CC and nothing has been charged.  

19 hours ago, Crism said:

Disregard! They were literally IN THE PROCESS of upgrading us from Obstructed Ocean View Balcony to Grand Suite on Quantum!!! Coming from someone who normally does Interior rooms, this is going to be INSANITY!!!

Congrats on the GS, you will love it.

18 hours ago, Crism said:

I can officially confirm that Interline rates DO get upgraded!

Thanks for letting me know you used interline. Now I know I should push the issue if told no again.

1 hour ago, islandwannabee said:

This thread is very long, have not read it all. My questions is does everyone get a royal up email and chance to bid? Are they always 30 days out? Cruising on serenade 3/13 and have been waiting for email.

Thanks for your help.

I didn't get a RoyalUp email but went to this link and put in my information. It ranges, as I was able to do this 40 days out. https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade   keep checking.

We are sailing on the Independence of the Seas leaving on March 2nd.  I received an email for the Royal Up program yesterday.  I placed a bid on the Jr Suite, and the 1 bedroom Grand Suite (we are currently in a balcony).  My bids were roughly 25-30% higher than the minimum bid.  My question is, if they are sending upgrade emails with less than 3 weeks to the sail date, would that mean there are still upgrade options available?  The Royal Caribbean's website shows only inside rooms available.  And to anyone else traveling on the Indy leaving March 2nd, please say hi!

5 minutes ago, Bmendes1 said:

We are sailing on the Independence of the Seas leaving on March 2nd.  I received an email for the Royal Up program yesterday.  I placed a bid on the Jr Suite, and the 1 bedroom Grand Suite (we are currently in a balcony).  My bids were roughly 25-30% higher than the minimum bid.  My question is, if they are sending upgrade emails with less than 3 weeks to the sail date, would that mean there are still upgrade options available?  The Royal Caribbean's website shows only inside rooms available.  And to anyone else traveling on the Indy leaving March 2nd, please say hi!

Even sold out, there are always cancellations. I am out in March 1st on Liberty trying to go from JS to GS. Made a moderate bid. Still shows pending. I bid on 4 different cruises last year, moderate bids, all not accepted. It is simply the luck of the draw.

I try to see the fun of it all, after all a cruise is a wonderful place to be, no matter the cabin. 

I do think the cancellation rate may be up right now, sadly, due to Corona virus worries. Elderly or health compromised people may opt to just stay home.They may wind up with suite vacancies??