Lost my driver license,

Vaness

I set sail on Dec.10 ,2018,,Im praying The DMV,give me my license ,I cant wait for it to come in mail,Im gonna plea to the Supervisor, plus it will be time for my license to be renewed Feb,2019.I just lost it,Yesterday, im gonna back track to the stores i went to in morning,If no luck DMV here I Come,Hopefully they will have sympathy on me..😭😭

5 minutes ago, Vaness said:

I set sail on Dec.10 ,2018,,Im praying The DMV,give me my license ,I cant wait for it to come in mail,Im gonna plea to the Supervisor, plus it will be time for my license to be renewed Feb,2019.I just lost it,Yesterday, im gonna back track to the stores i went to in morning,If no luck DMV here I Come,Hopefully they will have sympathy on me..😭😭

Can I have a copy of my license?I have my birth certificate,,

Edited by Vaness
Wrote it twice i wasnt replying to statement was trying to add the question lol

I don't think that a copy of a license would work. A temporary paper license with your photo on it would (I've read several threads where it was accepted). Unless you have a government issued photo ID to go with your birth certificate I'm afraid you are out of luck. I hope you find your license or that DMV issues you one on the spot.

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Having a birth certificate isn’t proof of anything. You could have found it in a library book or borrowed a friend’s. 

Except that, with a BC, you can get other ID. 😄

18 minutes ago, SRF said:

Except that, with a BC, you can get other ID. 😄

That wouldn’t help if you’re checking in for the cruise. I thought the poster I responded to was talking about having a birth certificate alone being enough. 

5 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I’ve not heard of other documents you can use at a cruise check in other than government issued ID and birth certificate or a current passport. 

What else would work?

I was referring to needing other documents along with a birth certificate in order to get a photo ID. (But to complete the list one could use a passport card or an Enhanced Drivers License for checking in.)

15 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I’ve not heard of other documents you can use at a cruise check in other than government issued ID and birth certificate or a current passport. 

What else would work?

Nothing that I am aware of.  With most cruise lines, if you are a US citizen traveling on a US based closed loop itinerary you need either a birth certificate and a valid government issued picture ID  -or-  a Passport to board the ship at original departure.

37 minutes ago, SRF said:

When I got my DL the first time, all I had was BC.  No other ID.

How long ago was that? I have teens, they needed a lot more than a birth certificate. Student ID with transcripts, proof of address, and I think one more.

14 hours ago, SRF said:

When I got my DL the first time, all I had was BC.  No other ID.

Right now in Vermont if you need to apply for a license you need to provide your proof of citizenship, your SS card, two documents proving residency (such as mail to your physical address) and proof of name change if your name is different on any of your source documents. Times have changed. 

• Like 1