Cruise critic boards issue?

I must have said this half a dozen times on various threads but it might help

if you were to say what you are working on  iPad PC Phone  using Windows

Mac Ubunto etc on which browser. That way if anyone ever reads this maybe they can see a pattern. 

Same issue for me on windows 10 with Edge and Explorer, EXTREMELY frustrating. I thought it was a windows 10 update issue but it appears to be site specific. Also happens on Firefox and another site that I visit frequently, huffington post,which  has developed somewhat similar problems, no recycling on login but to write a reply you are requested to login and it won't let you. Apparently this might be due to their use of a facebook developer plugin popup to handle the logins. might be a clue?

I managed to login here this morning by logging in to the basic cruiscritic ite which did not have the repeating pop up problem. When I tries this yesterday it would not accept my password etc and locked me out

Edited by davecttr

I experience this when I use a bookmark in Chrome to the Princess Cruises Page here on CruiseCritic. The workaround for me is to not use a bookmark but to just type in cruisecritic.com and navigate to the Boards page, find the Princess page and it logs me in. Yes, a bit of a pain, but it seems to work and I'm sure they'll get the problem fixed as soon as they can. 

Personally, I think it is a glitch with their autologin "feature". The user should have the option to turn off the  "Remember Me" option on login, I don't recall seeing a way to do so.

This morning, I had no problems on my iPhone, but just now when I came back to CC, I was logged out and the repeated refresh started once again. I’ve found that rather than clearing cookies, just closing out the web site by double tapping the home button and swiping the site closed will stop the refresh, but I still need to log back in.

What a mess CC has become. I hope they fix this soon!

6 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

swiping the site closed will stop the refresh, but I still need to log back in.

What a mess CC has become. I hope they fix this soon!

My problem is that with trying to log back in.  In refuses to accept my password with two or three attempts but MAY on another attempt a few hours later!

4 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

"Squeaky wheel gets the oil." Maybe if enough of us keep repeating the issue in posts, it will become as annoying to the CC folks as the webpage reloading hiccup is to us. 

Only if CC is following this thread. If you want to oil a squeaky wheel, then you should be e-mailing CC.

I've tried Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge,  and Firefox, and the only one that makes it all the way through to the boards is Edge. The other two just keep re-loading every few seconds in an endless do-loop. Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, Peregrina651 said:

Only if CC is following this thread. If you want to oil a squeaky wheel, then you should be e-mailing CC.

Agreed!  I emailed over the weekend and just received this reply this morning:

Thanks for your email

I have alerted our tech team to the issues and they are looking into it

This issue should be resolved.  Most of you *shouldn't* have to clear your browser cache, however I was told that some users may need to clear their browser cache (they shouldn't have to, but some browsers can be more aggressive than others)

Let me know if this issue persists

Thank you

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Aulanis said:

I must have said this half a dozen times on various threads but it might help

if you were to say what you are working on  iPad PC Phone  using Windows

Mac Ubunto etc on which browser. That way if anyone ever reads this maybe they can see a pattern. 

Pretty sure people were doing this and pretty sure it was affecting all devices and PC’s. 

I can't seem to post a reply using Chrome today.  Quote wouldn't work.   I've had this issue before and just gave up trying to post on Cruise Critic....not exactly the solve I wanted.  Today I finally had to use Safari to get to post a reply.  

Utahtea - currently using Safari

Just now, utahtea said:

I can't seem to post a reply using Chrome today.  Quote wouldn't work.   I've had this issue before and just gave up trying to post on Cruise Critic....not exactly the solve I wanted.  Today I finally had to use Safari to get to post a reply.  

Utahtea - currently using Safari

In Chrome, do you see a Reply box at the bottom of the page?

6 minutes ago, broberts said:

In Chrome, do you see a Reply box at the bottom of the page?

Yes,  and when I click on it you can't type in the box.  😞  

Utahtea...still on Safari

Edited by utahtea

3 minutes ago, utahtea said:

Screen shots of Chrome & Safai.  As you can see there is no text box in Chrome like there is with Safai. 

Chrome Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 6.59.41 PM.png

I experienced that a while ago. If memory serves, I closed all CC tabs then cleared all CC cookies and other site data to fix the problem.

8 minutes ago, broberts said:

I experienced that a while ago. If memory serves, I closed all CC tabs then cleared all CC cookies and other site data to fix the problem.

Utahtea...slaps head....Why didn't I think of this!  I only had to clear my history which is good because I hate having to do the cookies!  Thank you for your help.

Utahtea....posting from Chrome.

• Like 1