Cruise critic boards issue?

After bouts of serious grief my access settled down a few short weeks ago. Every time I changed pages it auto-logged me out & straignt in again - hardly confidence-boosting but didn't interfere with my use.

But in the past 24 hours it logs me in and out and in and out almost as fast as I can hit a key. This is my fourth attempt - I managed to click to this forum before I got logged out again.

I read that we're now being automatically logged out after 20 mins of inactivity? That'll be fun. :classic_wacko:   

Is that why I have this problem?  A foul-up in installing the auto logging out?

And is anyone else having the same problem?

PC, Windows 7, with Safari browser (had to switch to Safari because IE wasn't working on CC's new format).

Everything else (e-mails, other websites, etc) working perfectly - just a problem with CC. 

Again

JB :classic_wacko:

who's getting more and more pissed-off with the screw-ups

I get the same issue with 64 bit Chrome for Windows. Firefox is fine. Chrome Canary (the developer's edition that gets nightly updates for advance testing) is fine.

I have a bandwidth monitor running on my computer and phone so I can watch overhead on my company's clients' sites. Each of those reloads is about 1 MB of data. (It's a full force reload.) My browser was refreshing twice every 4 seconds, more or less. That equates to just about 30 MB per minute. Streaming an HD movie uses 12 MB per minute on average. Bandwidth-wise, the refresh is like stream two and a half HD (1080p) movies at the same time. 

Very impressive. (Unless you have a cap on your internet usage, in which case, Sux0rs.) 

• Like 1

+1- happened on my mobile device a few times in a row (safari on iphone) and just happened on chrome- W10.  

This is pretty frustrating to deal with.

I already post less because of other issues with the new board format, this just makes it worse.

4 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

it happened to me again around 3pm pacific std. time.  waited a couple of hours & it went away....  the fact that it goes away on its own, makes me believe it's an IT problem, not a cruise kitty problem lol 

Seems to be only on my laptop.  Phone was fine

What's going on with the website?  Since yesterday, I haven't been able to get into Cruise Critic using Firefox.  The page just keeps reloading and reloading before I can click on anything.  I switched to Chrome and it seems to work OK.  At least I could get to a forum and make this post.

• Like 1

Yep, had that problem a few days ago - automatically logging itself in/out/in/out/in/out.

And we're not the only ones

The problem stopped for me after a couple of days, so I thought it had been cured

But yesterday it started up again.:classic_angry:

Getting in now seems to be a matter of hitting any forum or thread. That stabilises the log-in, and I can then navigate to anywhere I want to go without a problem.

The problem doesn't re-appear until next time I check in.

I'm on a PC with Safari (had to change from IE 'cos after the "upgrade" :classic_rolleyes:) I had other CC problems on IE).

So the problem is not restricted to Firefox or Chrome or from e-mails or on tablets.

I'm guessing there are plenty of others who can't join our chorus because they can't get in.

And since the re-vamp back in October I can't recall starting any post with "Welcome to Cruise Critic" - CC membership has surely stalled

The site is now a chore rather than a pleasure and my post-count has dropped drastically - and most of my posts are on this glitches & gripes forum 

My remaining on CC despite the difficulties demonstrates my addiction to it - I'm usually too impatient to persist with poorly-designed / managed websites

I'm more than a little surprised that CC haven't dispensed with those who did the re-vamp & given the job of sorting the mess to folk who actually know what they're doing.

All a very sad state of affairs.

JB :classic_wacko:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OMG....I am also having the same issue with IE and I switched to Chrome...........what is going on?  Any chance one of the moderators can check on this problem?:classic_blink:

I'm having the same issue with Chrome.  I finally loaded IE just to come to CC and check for issues.  The page just keeps reloading and reloading and going Log in, Log Out because I keep it "logged in" all the time. It started a few days ago, stopped for a couple of days and started again yesterday and continues today.  This is a very unstable platform. 

Edited by BND