Future Cruise Credits

mcrcruiser

We were wondering  if Princess sells Future Cruise Credits at new cruise sales while on board a Princess Ship & how they worked  for a future cruise with Princess ?

We are already booked on Royal Princess Oct 4 ,2019  ,10 night  Mexican Riviera ,then Star Princess Dec 4 ,2019  15 night Hawaii  ,& Royal Princess for back to back 7 nights Each April 18 & April 25 ,2020  .If there are FCC available on board , we could then get additional on board credits  for our cruises 

When we sail Holland America  we can purchase the  Future Cruise Credits ;which can be used as a new deposit  & we get a $100 extra on board credit  per each $200 purchased in  Future Cruise Credits(paying $100 each of us  x  2 = the $200.00)

I happen to have an FCC sitting on my desk because we recently returned from a cruise.

It can only be used for new bookings.

That said, you may be able to cancel your current bookings (assuming refundable deposit) and rebook. But you'll have to look at the pricing and promo you are booked under (free gratuities? OBC?) to determine if it is worth it.

Thanks folks for your replies:classic_biggrin: . With the holland America FCC ,we were able to use it on a already booked cruise .We lowered the cost by $200 .00 & was given a extra OBC of $ 100 .00  .I will check with Princess  ,if we can use a FCC on a already exisitng cruise ,the same way we did the HAL cruise .BTW ,the HAL FCC  is good for 4 year time period  & it is completely refundable ,in writing 

Between the TA giving a OBC ,our Carnival Share holder OBC  & the FCC  ,it comes to quite a lot of OBCs  ;which we love to spend completely :classic_biggrin:

Yes, They are Future Cruise Deposits @ $100 each charged directly to your credit. You purchase them when on board a Princess cruise. They are fully refundable if not used within 2 years. They are individual. If you are a couple you have to purchase one in each person's name. We generally have some in reserve. Here are the terms.

Thank you for choosing Princess Cruises.

This letter confirms that we have received payment for deposit* in the amount of 100.00 USD towards a

future cruise with Princess. When you have decided on your next cruise, please contact your travel agent to arrange your booking. Your travel agent will assist you with final payment schedule, and any questions, additions or changes you might have regarding your cruise. You may also contact Princess directly by calling 1-800-PRINCESS. Upon making your new booking, the appropriate shipboard credit will be applied.*

Future Cruise Length Per Person Shipboard Credit*

17 - 44 Days $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony, $150 Suite

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony, $100 Suite

7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony, $50 Suite

3 - 6 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $25 Balcony, $25 Suite

* This letter has been issued from the Future Cruise Sales Department for a Future Cruise Deposit (“FCD”) in the amount specified above. The FCD is available to use on new future bookings only and is non-transferable. The FCD currency is non-changeable. The FCD will be automatically refunded if not applied to a new booking created within two years from the date of purchase. The FCD may be combined with most publically offered fares and promotions. Once applied to a booking, the FCD is considered money and is subject to the terms and conditions in the Passage contract. Shipboard credits will be applied at the time of booking and applies to the holder of the FCD only and is not applicable to 3rd and 4th berth guests. Shipboard credit may only be used on a single voyage and expires at the end of that voyage. FCDs are not applicable to bookings 45 days or longer.. For those bookings a 3% cruise fare discount is given and reduced deposit requirements may vary based on booking date. To make your next booking, please contact your Travel Agent, or Princess Cruises at 1-800-PRINCESS.

3 hours ago, diane.in.ny said:

I happen to have an FCC sitting on my desk because we recently returned from a cruise.

It can only be used for new bookings.

That said, you may be able to cancel your current bookings (assuming refundable deposit) and rebook. But you'll have to look at the pricing and promo you are booked under (free gratuities? OBC?) to determine if it is worth it.

I booked a cruise on the last $1.00 deposit day and was able to add a future cruise deposit to that same booking a couple of weeks later.

3 hours ago, sfkaren said:

I booked a cruise on the last $1.00 deposit day and was able to add a future cruise deposit to that same booking a couple of weeks later.

Did you just get the $100 per person off of the cost of the cruise or did they give you the OBC as well. I always understood that the OBC portion only applied when you used the FCD as you deposit on a new booking.

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

Did you just get the $100 per person off of the cost of the cruise or did they give you the OBC as well. I always understood that the OBC portion only applied when you used the FCD as you deposit on a new booking.

The FCD onboard credit is showing in the cruise personalizer.

• 1 month later...

Maybe someone can help me on FCD. We recently booked a Princess cruise for March 23, 2019 for the 7 day Mexican Rivera. My husband and I had previously purchased future cruise deposits at $100 each, $200 total. While it appears the $75 OBC displays on each of our accounts, I noticed the $100 deposit ($200 total) we paid for the FCD was not applied toward the final cruise cost. We booked late and the deposit and final payment were due on the same day. There is a statement on the invoice that says “Future cruise credits cannot be used toward payment of deposit.” Does anyone know what happens to the $200 we paid since it was not applied to the cruise cost? I hope it is not a lost for us. 

56 minutes ago, KittyCruiser said:

Maybe someone can help me on FCD. We recently booked a Princess cruise for March 23, 2019 for the 7 day Mexican Rivera. My husband and I had previously purchased future cruise deposits at $100 each, $200 total. While it appears the $75 OBC displays on each of our accounts, I noticed the $100 deposit ($200 total) we paid for the FCD was not applied toward the final cruise cost. We booked late and the deposit and final payment were due on the same day. There is a statement on the invoice that says “Future cruise credits cannot be used toward payment of deposit.” Does anyone know what happens to the $200 we paid since it was not applied to the cruise cost? I hope it is not a lost for us. 

We book cruises after final all the time. Our TA applies the FCD's and it takes the $200 off and gives us the OBC.

Did you call Princess or your TA?

Either way you booked  they should have sent you a detailed invoice.

Does sound like something is messed up.

3 hours ago, KittyCruiser said:

A Future Cruise Deposit (which you paid $100 each for) is not the same as a Future Cruise Credit.

When you say you see the $75 OBC in your accounts, are you taking about the OBC listed in the Personalizer? If so, somehow the deposit was applied when you booked your cruise. Ask your TA (or Princess if you booked directly) exactly how it was applied.

Many thanks for the replies! This made me look into My Princess account/Circle Saving Account,  I see $100 cruise credit with active status and and Onboard credits of $15. My cruise coming up is fully paid.

Under my booked cruise, and under  my “on board booking” in my personalizer, I see the On board credit promotion of $50 and a TA promo $25, totally $75 OBC. The $50 is correct for a 7 day cruise. 

It it feels like the cruise deposit of $100 per person was not applied, but the OBC from the FCD is being applied on my upcoming cruise. It’s a bit confusing since a previous posting indicated OBC can only be used with the FCD. They are not suppose to be separate. 

Will circle with my TA. I appreciate  everyone’s replies.

Slightly off topic but here goes-I used FCCs paid for in US $ for deposit on a couple of cruises out of Australia. I am being told that the OBC will be one for one in AUD$?  OK, looks like an unfair exchange but, when in Rome------   What do you think about buying FCCs whilst on the cruises and paying in AUD$,  will my OBC, if I am on a ship, not sailing in Australian waters, be in US $.

Actually, since the FCD can be used as a deposit for future cruises, how much will they be worth there? Potential to get a little bargain seems to be there?

4 hours ago, triple7tahoe said:

Slightly off topic but here goes-I used FCCs paid for in US $ for deposit on a couple of cruises out of Australia. I am being told that the OBC will be one for one in AUD$?  OK, looks like an unfair exchange but, when in Rome------   What do you think about buying FCCs whilst on the cruises and paying in AUD$,  will my OBC, if I am on a ship, not sailing in Australian waters, be in US $.

Actually, since the FCD can be used as a deposit for future cruises, how much will they be worth there? Potential to get a little bargain seems to be there?

Yes ..it is 1  for 1 for your FCD on Aussie sailings...just the way it is...If booked with a promo it is 1 for 1 too. Only conversion is OBC from TA and Gift credit from Princess for 21 or more cruises. Just cruised AU in Sept & Oct. 2017 that is how it played out for us.

FCD purchased on Aussie ship for Americans will be charged on your credit card in US dollars. No bargain getting at all, Princess is game on that thought.

Edited by land lover

On 12/22/2018 at 11:11 AM, sfkaren said:

We did the same....except it was added a day or two after booking.