Can I buy toothpaste on the Edge?

msteries

Last year was my first time on the Silhouette, and it took me three tries, after a lot of misdirections from staff, to find the shop where I could pick up some desperately needed coughdrops!   So a question for those who have already sailed on the Edge: is there a little shop with sundries?  Where is it located?

If your worried about buying them this far out from your cruise why not buy them before and take them with you? I'm sure you will find a shop onboard that will gladly take your money for needed supplies.

We were on the Edge in December, and never found a notions and non-designer t-shirt shop. I seriously doubt if Tiffany or Cartier sell tooth paste.  Best to pick up a tube before your trip - love the sample size paste my dentist has at the check-out desk, perfect for travel.

Darcy

If you do board and have critical items missing (we thought we were going to board minus luggage in Fort Lauderdale last year) speak to your butler, room attendant or guest relations. They will let you know what they sell, what they can provide you with and even advise about shops for basics in ports rather than jewellery stores...

2 hours ago, Esprit said:

DW bought a toothe brush on the Edge last month. Hidden away in a drawer over by the duty free booze and sweets corner

oh, so you were the lucky one.  I asked for a toothbrush on embarkation day  and they were already sold out .  Waited until we docked and bought one on shore for a $1.00.  Probably one third the ship price.  The ship carries very little in these notions.  They want to sell you  a$300 figurine!

I couldn't find any sundries sold aboard the Edge. Other Celeb ships have a variety of items for sale- in the past have purchased nail polish removal pads, seasick bands, sunscreen etc. Yes, prices aboard are higher than ashore, but when something is needed at sea at least it's available on the other ships.

2 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Man, people ask some of the weirdest questions ...... SMH. 

The bizarre questions should die down after people cancel cruises over the faux coral accessory, the mystery white vase or the potentially defaced books in suites 🤨.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/30/2018 at 2:24 AM, vtcruising said:

image.thumb.png.ccb727a22ef330306d34b92edf587bd3.png

38 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

The bizarre questions should die down after people cancel cruises over the faux coral accessory, the mystery white vase or the potentially defaced books in suites 🤨.....

Well, I’m starting to think it’s all a little fairytale gone weird. Not only are there Edenists roaming, there’s The Borrowers’ furniture on the suite balconies (as shown above) and someone posted in their review that there are stools from Jack & the Beanstalk’s giant (so high you can’t reach them) 😆. I think one ought to bring their 🔮 in their luggage too - set up a stall and it would fit in nicely :classic_rolleyes:.

5 hours ago, Esprit said:

DW bought a toothe brush on the Edge last month. Hidden away in a drawer over by the duty free booze and sweets corner

Glad she  found one

Liquor shop is usually where you can buy  small hair spray, alka seltzer,  etc...

Sometimes they are  on a shelf in the  shop where they sell tee shirts/ postcard/ key chains etc,  If no such shop on EDGE they should  stock this stuff someplace!

Rather discouraged by some of the responses.  Why is it weird to ask about a sundries shop on the Edge when my experience on other ships has been to find one without too much searching?  No one can anticipate everything as they pack (I had what actually turned out to be the start of pneumonia during last year’s cruise, which is why I ran out of cough drops).  I thought the topic header might bring a smile, not what some posted...  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Esprit said:

Thanks - good to know they have something!  Surely lots of folks forget an item as they pack.  

The sundries store saved me on Equinox when I realized I had left my contact case and contact solution at the pre-cruise hotel. I don't know what I would have done if the store hadn't sold both in their store. I think the ships should always have a section of these types of items for sale just in case. And if it is an emergency like mine was, I would have paid any amount of money, haha!

12 hours ago, msteries said:

Rather discouraged by some of the responses.  Why is it weird to ask about a sundries shop on the Edge when my experience on other ships has been to find one without too much searching?  No one can anticipate everything as they pack (I had what actually turned out to be the start of pneumonia during last year’s cruise, which is why I ran out of cough drops).  I thought the topic header might bring a smile, not what some posted...  

I didn't think the question was weird at all.  Actually, my first thought was maybe this person is traveling with only carry-on, no checked bags, and since toothpaste is considered a gel a normal size tube would not make it through security.  Which means it would have to be purchase on board.