Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I would have to believe that there will be an elevator up to the Retreat Deck.   Not sure where they put it but wouldn't make sense to have an ADA ramp if there is no way for someone with mobility issues to get up there.   At first I thought they might put something in like the one up to the Lawn on the S-Classes, but not much room for them. 

Could be one of those add-on glass-sided external elevators like the one that's currently installed, IIRC, towards the aft on the starboard side (and does not show on the deck plan) to allow access to the baseketball court and open cinema.  Where there's room to put it outside towards the front), I don't know.  Unless they use the glass atrium where the X Club is.

55 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I heard last night from an officer on Edge that the revolution ships’ external color will be consistent with the blue on Edge.  They are calling it Celebrity Blue.

That's to distinguish it from 'Azamara Blue,' which as I pointed out to Captain Carl [who chose it] the rest of the world calls 'black.' :classic_biggrin:

On 1/22/2019 at 7:17 PM, Gary and Jean said:

Hi, my wife and I have booked our very first cruise on the Millennium and our sail date is Feb 9th from Singapore to HK.  Reading the posts I've realised how lucky we are to get a ship coming out of dry dock with a refit.  Hopefully i'll get a chance to load up some photos for you.

As first timers I invite you to share your "best" tip! We are in 6028 Balcony and the 7 day cruise is part of a 16 day holiday with Imagine Cruising.  We are SO excited!

Gary & Jean

We're also first time cruisers on Celebrity (have mainly done Disney, and also NCL and Marella) and are on exactly the same cruise as you! We've got 3 nights in Singapore beforehand, and 3 nights in Hong Kong afterwards. Can't wait!

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:38 AM, cruising cockroach said:

Could be one of those add-on glass-sided external elevators like the one that's currently installed, IIRC, towards the aft on the starboard side (and does not show on the deck plan) to allow access to the baseketball court and open cinema.  Where there's room to put it outside towards the front), I don't know.  Unless they use the glass atrium where the X Club is.

There currently is a an outside lift to access deck 12.  I imagine it will remain.  

18 minutes ago, Sam.Seattle said:

There currently is a an outside lift to access deck 12.  I imagine it will remain.  

Only the rear of deck 12.  Can't get to the part above the cosmos lounge where the suite area is.  I imagine they'll have a new one for this area but the only place I can see where one can be placed is where the X club is.

On 1/20/2019 at 11:25 AM, C-Dragons said:

When I look at the balcony I see REAL deck furniture, not like the undesirable stuff on the Edge. Yeah!

I hope this artist rendering is for real.

I saw the real chairs. I'm hoping S1 6132 will have a real table to eat breakfast on. I'm liking the colors better than what I've seen of the Edge so far.

On January 22, 2019 at 7:03 PM, clskinsfan said:

It looks like they are doing some work in the area of the sweet 16 cabins on the starboard side in that picture above. Does anyone know if they are going to do something to those balconies. I have a sweet 16 booked on Summit in December.

I was chatting with my travel agent and asked him if he had any information regarding the Sweet Sixteens. He had just spoken with his Celebrity rep and was assured that the balconies will remain in their current configuration. They are my go-to verandah cabins on the Millennium class for sure. 

• Like 2

On 1/23/2019 at 12:28 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I would have to believe that there will be an elevator up to the Retreat Deck.   Not sure where they put it but wouldn't make sense to have an ADA ramp if there is no way for someone with mobility issues to get up there.   At first I thought they might put something in like the one up to the Lawn on the S-Classes, but not much room for them.   Possibly the round pod on the opposite side of the ship from X Club.   

Interesting point.

However IF they have a ramp for scooters/mobility (who can't do stairs) does that comply to have just a ramp?

On 1/22/2019 at 9:11 PM, cruising cockroach said:

Doubt it.  Pair of external stairs to get up there currently. Doubt if it is possible to add elevators to that level without major surgery.

Like deck 12 aft? Is that just stairs - no elevator to that movie screen? 

3 hours ago, cruising cockroach said:

Only the rear of deck 12.  Can't get to the part above the cosmos lounge where the suite area is.  I imagine they'll have a new one for this area but the only place I can see where one can be placed is where the X club is.

Or on the opposite side.   There is a rounded area equal to that of the XClub but has no designation as to what it is. 

27 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Like deck 12 aft? Is that just stairs - no elevator to that movie screen? 

There is an external elevator,  what I would think is an add-on, on the starboard side as I mentioned a few days ago to the rear of Deck 12 (you can't get from aft to front on deck !2 without getting down to Deck 11).  I don't think there's space on the forward part of the ship to build a ramp from 11 to 12, or a place to put an external elevator (without removing a staircase).  The only place I can see them putting it is where Club X is on the port side. 

6 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Or on the opposite side.   There is a rounded area equal to that of the XClub but has no designation as to what it is. 

IIRC, this is an antechamber to go between inside and outside so that there is some sort of air lock to keep the cold or heat out.  The Club X side was sort of partitioned.  I seem to remember the starboard side was the preferred ingress/egress point.   They could put the elevator in the starboard oval but it won't be pretty.

On 1/11/2019 at 4:05 PM, ecslady said:

I feel the same way.

Having sailed Edge we are still loyal S and M class lovers.  But being on Silhouette now I feel the colors on Edge were actually beautiful and more soothing.  My opinion!  Lighter and upbeat BUT they better not mess too much with the interior!  Did NOT like the layout or signage on Edge at all.  Too many high end empty shops and we already know the libraries and hideaways are going away.  They have been full here on Silhouette this entire cruise

X has contracted with MJM Marine, who will be working with Bolidt Synthetic Products and Systems to do the drydock renovations on Millennium and Summit.

MJM Marine built Luminae Restaurant on the Reflection.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/20176-after-38-drydocks-in-2018-mjm-looks-to-big-2019.html

https://www.hellenicshippingnews.com/bolidt-hits-all-time-high-as-cruise-refits-surge/

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I just saw a photo (posted here at the beginning) of the starboard oval "tower".  It's covered with scaffolding so it's a good bet that a elevator will be added here to get from Deck 11 to Deck 12.  I don't expect it to be pretty.

The LLP Twitter account show a piece of the superstructure, which includes a bit of external stair, being lifted away. I can't say I know the ship that well t say where it's from.

17 minutes ago, cruising cockroach said:

I just saw a photo (posted here at the beginning) of the starboard oval "tower".  It's covered with scaffolding so it's a good bet that a elevator will be added here to get from Deck 11 to Deck 12.  I don't expect it to be pretty.

The LLP Twitter account show a piece of the superstructure, which includes a bit of external stair, being lifted away. I can't say I know the ship that well t say where it's from.

I believe the rounded structure with stairs being removed was the elevated sunbathing deck just above Deck 12 

574937893_MillieDeck2.jpg.5f79c009634cfdc85ada428436e93768.jpg

1990900608_MillieDeck1.jpg.e941b30edc31c23f414066864bb7b3cf.jpg

The oval area Port Side looks like a logical spot for a lift -

1764438109_MillieDeck3.jpg.416d752bc44d30d826a7fc1bca4cf8a4.jpg

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I believe the rounded structure with stairs being removed was the elevated sunbathing deck just above Deck 12 

The oval area Port Side looks like a logical spot for a lift -

I don't think it's that.  It has a crew door and also has a concave indent.  I'd say the indent fits one of the two oval atriums.  I think it will be the starboard side one given the layout of the door and the fact there's scaffolding around it.

5 hours ago, B-Rizzle said:

You know what? Not for me and not really Edge unless they ad AT LEAST a small area for EDEN!

Since by your own admission on other threads,  you have never cruised before, let alone sailed on the EDGE, so your opinion does not hold any weight here.  

Plus, you still have not come clean - why your obsession with Eden? Do you have a family member or friend who is part of that cast?

Edited by ecslady
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/19/2019 at 3:59 PM, Aquahound said:

I love this new look.  The first time I ever saw Millennium she had a dark blue hull and I thought she was beautiful.  I didn't like it when they painted her white.  I'm glad they're going back.  The new interior looks beautiful as well.  

Infinity 2002.jpg