Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

49 minutes ago, Rina155 said:

Whoa..  that took me back!  The SS Norway was my very first sailing.  

Our first also.....and it was the cruise where I won the big bingo jackpot and walked out to the pool to meet my family with $2400 in cash in my hand....clearly beginner's luck 🙂 

• Like 2

I will be on the Millennium in August 2020, C2, my first time on Celebrity. What areas of the shipmare exclusive for concierge class passengers? I’m really looking forward to the rehab results. So many of the previous reviews have mentioned the ship was very “tired” but I was not paying attention to thise parts since I heard about the revolution of the ships.

Nothing exclusive to Concierge except sit-down lunch in the MDR on embarkation day. Some in-cabin perks but no xclusive area(s).

And we’ll spend a couple weeks onboard Aug 2020, really liked the old tired worn out ready for retirement Millennium and we’re very much hoping the the revolutionized Millennium is not a downer.

Edited by GottaKnowWhen

I will be on the Millennium in August 2020, C2, my first time on Celebrity. What areas of the shipmare exclusive for concierge class passengers? I’m really looking forward to the rehab results. So many of the previous reviews have mentioned the ship was very “tired” but I was not paying attention to thise parts since I heard about the revolution of the ships.

image.jpeg.e1614bcb109f385f38414ce727de77ad.jpeg

• Haha 1

Your blog certainly won’t be boring to me. Everyone has their own style, and my favorite bloggers, though having quite different writing styles, are all highly appreciated by me. I’ve just booked a Veranda on Millie, so I’m quite eager to read your impressions of your cabin & balcony. The buffet (Ocean View Cafe) is being redesigned to have islands like the S class, so you’ll be able to let us know if you like the layout.  I hope you have a wonderful cruise. 

I second the others, please please do a blog. I recently did my first 29 days on the Eclipse. Had some issues with posting daily's so I just stopped, but continued the blog. We are all cruise fans so take a chance, I met some wonderful people who were on the ship and reading my blog. Jim did inspire me as well as ChicagoPaul. 

• Like 1

I second the others, please please do a blog. I recently did my first 29 days on the Eclipse. Had some issues with posting daily's so I just stopped, but continued the blog. We are all cruise fans so take a chance, I met some wonderful people who were on the ship and reading my blog. Jim did inspire me as well as ChicagoPaul. 

We'll be on the Eclipse for 12 days this year, 15 days next year, so hopefully it was mostly pleasant.  We're also planning on a 19 day transpacific on Solstice prior to the Revolution, reaching 304 points in a quick dash to Elite.  

I'm hoping that whatever is unpopular with the early Revolution attempts, gets altered or toned down with later refits.  The same with future Edge ships.  It's ok for the fleet to have variation, that's why there's a Hampton Inn and Hilton Garden Inn.

• Like 2

Hi, my wife and I have booked our very first cruise on the Millennium and our sail date is Feb 9th from Singapore to HK.  Reading the posts I've realised how lucky we are to get a ship coming out of dry dock with a refit.  Hopefully i'll get a chance to load up some photos for you.

As first timers I invite you to share your "best" tip! We are in 6028 Balcony and the 7 day cruise is part of a 16 day holiday with Imagine Cruising.  We are SO excited!

Gary & Jean

• Like 3

Here is some really good news for non-suite passengers and still a plus for suite passengers. On another thread, AuburnKT2001 posted a link to the new post-Revolution deck plans. I was sincerely concerned about the Retreat taking away space from other public areas.  Apparently, that is not the case. The Retreat Sun Deck is using mostly little used space. They are not taking over the Cosmos Lounge for the Retreat. Michael's stays where it is and is being renamed the Retreat Lounge. There should be just as much space available for non-suite passengers as before, unlike on the Edge.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Deck_Plans_Staterooms/Millennium-Deck-plans.pdf

Edited by emileg
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, emileg said:

Here is some really good news for non-suite passengers and still a plus for suite passengers. On another thread, AuburnKT2001 posted a link to the new post-Revolution deck plans. I was sincerely concerned about the Retreat taking away space from other public areas.  Apparently, that is not the case. The Retreat Sun Deck is using mostly little used space. They are not taking over the Cosmos Lounge for the Retreat. Michael's stays where it is and is being renamed the Retreat Lounge. There should be just as much space available for non-suite passengers as before, unlike on the Edge.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Deck_Plans_Staterooms/Millennium-Deck-plans.pdf

Thanks for posting.    Great find and am sure many including myself find it very useful.

1 hour ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

There is an ADA ramp in the Retreat area - does anyone know if this will go down to the 11th Deck?  I'm not seeing an elevator.

Doubt it.  Pair of external stairs to get up there currently. Doubt if it is possible to add elevators to that level without major surgery.

2 minutes ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Thanks, I wonder what the ramp is there for then.

There may be a service elevator in the housing though I'm not sure if there is anywhere to house the lift mechanism for one.  Just aft (and above) of the Retreat area is where electronic equipment (radar, communications, etc) as well as forward elevator mechanism is housed.  The ramp is from Deck 13 to the elevated area.  There's a short external stair there currently. 

11 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

It looks like they are doing some work in the area of the sweet 16 cabins on the starboard side in that picture above. Does anyone know if they are going to do something to those balconies. I have a sweet 16 booked on Summit in December.

Replacement of the men's sauna and change room, and starboard side of the spa and palestra with more AQ cabins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

It looks like they are doing some work in the area of the sweet 16 cabins on the starboard side in that picture above. Does anyone know if they are going to do something to those balconies. I have a sweet 16 booked on Summit in December.

I noticed that too and those balconies were blocked for booking on every sailing we looked at post revolution. Very curious. 

On 1/22/2019 at 5:08 AM, Silkroad said:

Your blog certainly won’t be boring to me. Everyone has their own style, and my favorite bloggers, though having quite different writing styles, are all highly appreciated by me. I’ve just booked a Veranda on Millie, so I’m quite eager to read your impressions of your cabin & balcony. The buffet (Ocean View Cafe) is being redesigned to have islands like the S class, so you’ll be able to let us know if you like the layout.  I hope you have a wonderful cruise. 

Edited by h20cruzer
dup couldnt seem to delete

I currently have friends on the Summit 12 night cruise. Apparently they are doing some edgefication prior to dry dock.

2 elevators have been redone during the night.  Since no pics have been released of the Millie I thought I would share. I assume the Millie will probably have the same look. Please don't hold me to it though.

Norma

IMG_2169.JPG

IMG_2170.JPG

IMG_2171.JPG

IMG_2172.JPG

IMG_2173.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

I noticed that too and those balconies were blocked for booking on every sailing we looked at post revolution. Very curious. 

I booked 6030 on the Summit for post revolution. I just hope they arent going to make those balconies smaller. If they do I will move to a different location.

I would have to believe that there will be an elevator up to the Retreat Deck.   Not sure where they put it but wouldn't make sense to have an ADA ramp if there is no way for someone with mobility issues to get up there.   At first I thought they might put something in like the one up to the Lawn on the S-Classes, but not much room for them.   Possibly the round pod on the opposite side of the ship from X Club.   

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

I booked 6030 on the Summit for post revolution. I just hope they arent going to make those balconies smaller. If they do I will move to a different location.

We have 6030 booked on the Mille in August, so I am keeping an eye on any changes post Revolution as well. I don't really see how any of their proposed changes could affect those rooms though; but we will see. 

• Like 1