Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

I love this new look.  The first time I ever saw Millennium she had a dark blue hull and I thought she was beautiful.  I didn't like it when they painted her white.  I'm glad they're going back.  The new interior looks beautiful as well.  

Edited by Aquahound
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Aquahound said:

I love this new look.  The first time I ever saw Millennium she had a dark blue hull and I thought she was beautiful.  I didn't like it when they painted her white.  I'm glad they're going back.  The new interior looks beautiful as well.  

I have to agree with you.   Millennium was the first ship we ever sailed back in 2000 and loved her beautiful blue hull.   She looked so regal.    

As for the new décor -   I LOVE IT!    I'm sure it is not everyone's taste but even when I shop for Airbnb accommodation I always look for Contemporary Design and décor.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

After looking at those before and after pics one thing is for sure. My sunglasses are going to get a serious workout on our DEC 2019 Summit cruise. Talk about bright interiors!😎

LOL -   better than bringing a flashlight with you while visiting MC and Rendezvous Lounge.    I have a feeling it will be more muted in person.

• Like 2

Those are the only new Aqua cabins I've seen doing dummy bookings.  Ocean view are new on deck 3 taking over the wine cellar at Tuscan Grill, and possibly more space.  Interior cabins are replacing the library, both levels, acupuncture, and depending on the ship, (Millennium yes; Summit no) the I lounge.  On Millennium, the new plans I saw have the I lounge on 3 forward and next to Guest Relations.  On Summit bookings the I lounge stays in its current location.

They will be squeezing in more passengers with fewer places to enjoy hanging out..We always felt M Class  had more space than S Class for that..before they started chipping away!

Our RT  itin  from Bayonne to .Newport, Bermuda, & Charleston is port intensive with 2 overnights, so less of an issue fir thst cruise...and we will have our balcony.  We have some concern about MDR, buffet and Specialty dining being more crowded..and stressed for food prep and service.

Overall,  I really  like the proposed decor  much better than what I see for EDGE..

• Thanks 1

On 1/18/2019 at 12:36 AM, Alushar said:

We are on the Millie 16 Feb out of HK to Singapore so one week after out of dry dock. Unfortunately we've only sailed S Class until now so I might not be able to identify a lot of the changes and we are sailing balcony not suite. I will try a live blog, inspired by Jim_Iain and the like, it'll prob be very boring but if anyone has questions I'll try to find the answers!

Looking forward to your blog.  We have sailed the Millennium numerous times and enjoyed the ship; looking forward to seeing the new changes.  I know you will probably be bogged down with many questions about the new changes --- if you get the chance, could you please post how the new buffet layout looks.  And, if you do go to the buffet and eat there, how is the food.  Many thanks in advance.  Wishing you a fabulous journey and a smooth sailing.

Thanks for sharing the pics - we were on the last cruise pre dry dock so very curious about what is happening.

It was our first cruise in a suite and we did not find Michaels club appealing at all - love the new lighter look! 

2 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

Jim_Iain  -  Do you have any info on S1 cabins 6145 & 6146 which were previously part of the Penthouse Suites?  They have great bathrooms, but little storage and only a single door for sunlight.

Unfortunately no info on them.    From the floor plans they look to still be there. 

9 minutes ago, silkismom said:

I keep thinking that a few glasses of red wine spilled all over the place will keep the cleaners very busy.

Maybe that is why the currently have so much burgundy in the color pallet pre-Revolution. 

3 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

Every time I look at the new balcony picture(s), I look forward to the new teak balcony flooring they are apparently putting in.

Wonder of it real teak or the rubberized compound currently on the ships. 

Gathering thoughts/opinions on these Sky Suite pictures.  Wish they bad posted bath/closet pictures too.

What's up with the luggage racks in the Sky Suite?  Can you not put your luggage underneath the bed?  Is the white below the mattress a skirt or is it solid?

The balcony from what you can tell has solid metal sides all the way up?  Looks more like a balcony than the Edge IV's but doesn't seem like your completely outside either?

M Class SS alt view.jpg

M Class SS.jpg

If it is the same as the Edge you will be able to put your luggage under the bed.  I would expect (but don't know for certain) that the beds should be the same.   

May be a decorative item as opposed to use full time for your luggage.    Thought are they would make good foot rests or tables for dining in suite. 

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wonder of it real teak or the rubberized compound currently on the ships. 

Jim_Ian, likely a faux teak. SOLAS rules regarding the use of combustable materials are pretty strict in limiting the use of real wood on passenger vessels.  Thanks so much for all the before and after photos of Millie during her cosmetic surgery. 

Edited by voyager90265

38 minutes ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

Gathering thoughts/opinions on these Sky Suite pictures.  Wish they bad posted bath/closet pictures too.

What's up with the luggage racks in the Sky Suite?  Can you not put your luggage underneath the bed?  Is the white below the mattress a skirt or is it solid?

The balcony from what you can tell has solid metal sides all the way up?  Looks more like a balcony than the Edge IV's but doesn't seem like your completely outside either?

M Class SS alt view.jpg

When I look at the balcony I see REAL deck furniture, not like the undesirable stuff on the Edge. Yeah!

I hope this artist rendering is for real.

Edited by C-Dragons

27 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

If it is the same as the Edge you will be able to put your luggage under the bed.  I would expect (but don't know for certain) that the beds should be the same.   

May be a decorative item as opposed to use full time for your luggage.    Thought are they would make good foot rests or tables for dining in suite. 

I like your idea of using the luggage rack for a foot rest!

23 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've not seen pictures of the Revolution Blu, AQ or PG yet. Always looking.

I think those references to AQ/Spa missing out is that they are adding quite a lot of new AQ rooms.   The increased passenger load will make those areas more crowded.     I haven't seen any hard number of how many new AQ cabins will be added as of yet but possibly from the new plans on Millennium Post Revolution might be able to count them.

TY

I am going to guess that other than decor... the only change an aft 11 room will see is the way the sunset bar pergola/canopy is done... yes?

And the deck 12 screen/furniture will "upgrade" but remain?

4 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

Jim_Iain  -  Do you have any info on S1 cabins 6145 & 6146 which were previously part of the Penthouse Suites?  They have great bathrooms, but little storage and only a single door for sunlight.

With the connecting door,  they were intended to be an additional sleeping space to be booked with the PH if needed, but have always been avaialable for sparate booking. Glad to hear they are stil showing on the deck plans, as we are booked in one in March. Would be nice if the piano is being removed as reported, since that seems to be the only major complaint in the reviews. Storage is not an issue for us as we are light packers.