Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Would really be curious as to how often you have used the area where they are putting The Retreat.   Full forward on Sports Deck.  

I do lots of walking going full forward to full aft and have never seen the Sports Deck used by more than a handful of sunbathers.   While the area may be restricted to suite guest only it will also free up sun bathing around the pool.

My thoughts exactly.  Based on my understanding of where the area is located, the area is seldom occupied.  I am going to pay particular attention to it on my upcoming cruise.

It might affect my walking path.

The comments from people might just be based on theory and not reality.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

My thoughts exactly.  Based on my understanding of where the area is located, the area is seldom occupied.  I am going to pay particular attention to it on my upcoming cruise.

It might affect my walking path.

The comments from people might just be based on theory and not reality.

Our last two cruises were on the Infinity. We made use of this area as it was generally very quite. Like you it might affect our walking path. The busiest that we saw this area is when we were coming into interesting areas especially the Panama Canal.

There will be 13 new aqua class cabins which will reduce the spa area. The new inside cabins are where the library and Ilounge are located. I understand that the ilounge will be relocated to deck 3. Location of library??

5 hours ago, jkgourmet said:

I completely agree that passengers (like us) who prefer to sail in the cheap seats (inside and OV cabins) are getting squeezed out of public spaces.  It's a factor on other cruise lines as well (NCL Haven, MSC Yacht Club), and We are beginning to feel like 2nd class citizens, and it's a trend that IMHO stinks, but will not be going away.

That said, if the Go Best perks are of value to you, the OV cabin prices on Celebrity are pretty much unbeatable.  So long as they keep including the alcohol package, we'll stick with them.  (Although NCL is gaining with those kinds of perks and some interesting itineraries.)

As long as the ship was built to include a private suite area, I'm ok with it.  Better to look at it from the angle that your cruise is being subsidized by looser wallets.  Still, deleting common space for more cabins, and making part of the remainder private, is no the exciting upgrade we're being sold.  We'll see how people like the white and grey decor after being surrounded by it for days.  At some point it too will be out of date and warn, yet the space taken is still gone.

I can see the benefit of choosing OV with a perk.  Our strategy has been to hit Elite from Concierge/Aqua, on discounted reposition cruises (which we lean towards anyways), and then mostly do OV and Veranda.  I haven't looked too much into NCL, other than Harvest Caye and Hawaii.  

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Would really be curious as to how often you have used the area where they are putting The Retreat.   Full forward on Sports Deck.  

I do lots of walking going full forward to full aft and have never seen the Sports Deck used by more than a handful of sunbathers.   While the area may be restricted to suite guest only it will also free up sun bathing around the pool.

I only see this area heavily used at maybe Hubbard Glacier, or Panama Canal locks.  You're right, no real loss in general.  The real loss is in Blu and the Spa.  Good thing I won't need Aqua anymore for points, after Solstice 2021!

Hi, we´ll be sailing on the equinox after being "revolutionized". I just read that the M-Class Ships will get new balcony-cabins. Does anyone know if also the equinox (resp. Solstice-Class) will get those. The link gave me just the impression of the aqua class, interior cabins and suites.

Thanks for your help.

3 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

Where are you getting these from?   Questions on the Sky Suite. The before is a picture of an SClass SS not an M Class SS.  The after rendering definitely cannot be configured from an SClass SS photo above since the bed faces the balcony

The after photo, can be an MClass given the fact that the bed faces the balcony. 

I was getting excited given the public spaces for the Edgeification but not so much on the cabins though.  The storage is horrible, and we haven't even seen the bathroom yet.  This is my opinion, but Kelly Hoppen's designs are not functional nor practical for a cruise ship cabin.  We are sailing on the Summit the 2nd cruise after drydock, and I'm wondering how my son is going to sleep on that couch.  Arghhhhh.   We started sailing suites on the S Class because the regular cabins are just too tiny for 3 people imo, and the couches were not actual pull out couches.  I'm not liking the furniture from the little I can see on the balcony in the picture either.

I know you don't spend most of your time in the cabin, but it's still important to have space to store your stuff.  It's difficult as it is and this looks like they made it even worse.  After the Summit, we have a cruise on the Equinox right after drydock.  Both these cruises were booked before the edgeification was announced.  We'll see after those.  I'll be hopeful we will like it, but if the cabins prove that impractical, we'll start looking at other lines.  With the prices Celebrity is charging now for suites, the luxury lines aren't that far out of reach now.

Thanks for posting.

After Photos were from the Celebrity UK site but the others I just googled on so I may have pulled the wrong one but most I think are correct.

15 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks---- I had googled on Millennium Penthouse and that popped up.  

3 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

This is my suite. Love it.

We have a Royal Suite on Summit on the first sailing after the dry dock.  I’m shocked they are doing a rehab since they just gutted those suite 2 years ago...I didn’t expect much of a change.  Are you sure that is an m class rendering?

35 minutes ago, rosskeys88 said:

We have a Royal Suite on Summit on the first sailing after the dry dock.  I’m shocked they are doing a rehab since they just gutted those suite 2 years ago...I didn’t expect much of a change.  Are you sure that is an m class rendering?

Yup..It was also shown to us by the Future Cruise Manager while on Millennium.   Possibly the RS will only get new softgood and furniture but suspect a full overhaul as the walls would still be all of that wood that currently exist.   

Since she has new bathrooms and a reconfigured dining room they may just be able to replace the wall panels.   I'm sure we will see more once Millennium comes out of dry dock.

16 hours ago, Alushar said:

We are on the Millie 16 Feb out of HK to Singapore so one week after out of dry dock. Unfortunately we've only sailed S Class until now so I might not be able to identify a lot of the changes and we are sailing balcony not suite. I will try a live blog, inspired by Jim_Iain and the like, it'll prob be very boring but if anyone has questions I'll try to find the answers!

I look forward to your live blog. We are sailing to Alaska on the Millennium in June.

Jim, thank you for sharing all of these photos.

Edited by scrapcreator

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Michael's Club -to me this is spectacular.   The old clubby dark panels will be replaced and will be given a bright airy look.

Before

702211166_MichaelsClub.png.4871b6b41092114d5e62f9e5e6e3dbb4.png

After

revolution-accommodation-retreat-lounge-720x480.jpg.1a61cd5ae21efaba04320277b2991195.jpg

Are they using the same physical location? Are they opening up the exterior wall where the TV and fake fireplace are now and creating the windows in the middle of your "After" picture?

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 10:44 PM, CoconutOne said:

The Viking bathroom is beautiful. The rest of the cabin, not for me.

Viking (and Edge) look like IKEA to me. Ok if made with good solid materials, not ok if made with cardboard and veneers. I am hoping the “ new Celebrity” will have quality fixings. I can adapt to boring, but I have a problem with cheap.

Stan

• Thanks 1

It sure would help to have the AFTER floorpan for the PH on M-class.  I have 6148 booked for a B2B in August 2020, followed by a WB Panama Canal cruise that October.  I'll be on Summit for those cruises, but the PHs on both ships are the same....

A friend keeps telling me that after their Edgification, the M-class penthouses will have 2 bedrooms.

Here are my questions:

Is the butler's pantry toast?

Will there be 2 bedrooms?

Will the wraparound veranda remain?

Will there still be the 4 closets?

Is the grand entry remaining?

I miss the virtual tours and the floorpans on Celebrity's dysfunctional website....

Edited by Olive1950

3 hours ago, Olive1950 said:

It sure would help to have the AFTER floorpan for the PH on M-class.  I have 6148 booked for a B2B in August 2020, followed by a WB Panama Canal cruise that October.  I'll be on Summit for those cruises, but the PHs on both ships are the same....

A friend keeps telling me that after their Edgification, the M-class penthouses will have 2 bedrooms.

Here are my questions:

I miss the virtual tours and the floorpans on Celebrity's dysfunctional website....

If we don’t see any photos before hand, i will let you know this time next year, as my family and I will be in the starboard side penthouse on a two week cruise from Hong Kong to Singapore in Jan 2020. May get details earlier once the shore side office contacts us.

I had never heard that the penthouse is getting a second bedroom, but will be very great full if they do. As long as they keep the second bathroom.

13 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Don’t mean to be picky but the before photo is an S class Penthouse.

16 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Penthouse

Before

Penthouse.jpg.9f3b874b6bc71114719a3e115c5e459c.jpg

After

revolution-accommodation-penthouse-720x480.jpg.8ad63f9f114ac0a5520f2572c364aaac.jpg

Have to agree with the others. That is definitely a S class penthouse suite. I have the same photo somewhere on my computer. Hopefully the after photo is accurate and they have got rid of the damn piano. Sure it was automatic and could play music. But it took up so much space.

Thank you for all of the updates!

We are on the Millie 3/30 sailing out of Shanghai and are so excited to see all of the changes. As with anything, it will be impossible to please everyone. We sometimes sail suite class (as we will on Millie) and sometimes not. I have no problem at all with the proposed increase in suite perks because I pay handsomely for them. We never have difficulty finding space when sailing in "lowly" cabins, lol!  X has no problem selling the suites on most cruises and needs to stay on par with other lines offering benefits.

Looking forward to the updates from those onboar following the dry dock.

16 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

I only see this area heavily used at maybe Hubbard Glacier, or Panama Canal locks.  You're right, no real loss in general.  The real loss is in Blu and the Spa.  Good thing I won't need Aqua anymore for points, after Solstice 2021!

Not just there, Whenever you approach a nice area, e.g. any Fjord or narrow passage or nice city, no more viewing in the front of the ships is possible for most guests. That is a big downgrade. If you have loved the quiet not so heavily used spaces without the noise and hectic around the pool this is over.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Olive1950 said:

Here are my questions:

I just stayed in 6148 this past week on Summit and asked staff while onboard if the Penthouse would have structural changes and was told no. They are not adding a bedroom or reducing size of the balcony or getting rid of the pantry. I believe the piano is coming out but everything else will just be a redo on painting, tiling, walls and floors, furniture, etc. There will still be a hot tub on the balcony but it will be a brand new one.

Edited by WonderMan3

We always used  the Solstice deck 13 for sunbathing in past cruises on Silhouette and Solstice - favourite part of the ship. As this is only available to suite passengers after Edgeification, I think we won't be returning. It was ok for topless sunbathing - where in future?

On January 18, 2019 at 3:36 AM, Alushar said:

We are on the Millie 16 Feb out of HK to Singapore so one week after out of dry dock. Unfortunately we've only sailed S Class until now so I might not be able to identify a lot of the changes and we are sailing balcony not suite. I will try a live blog, inspired by Jim_Iain and the like, it'll prob be very boring but if anyone has questions I'll try to find the answers!

Alushar please don't sell yourself short!  I'm sure your blog will be anything but boring!  More like interesting and informative and I for one will be looking forward to following and reading your perspective on the Revolution  🙂   

21 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Please do a blog.   I for sure will be following.   Don't worry about being boring,   I'm sure you will do a great job and give us all a view of the Revolution.

Hi Jim

Have you come across anything to show what they are doing to AQ/PG etc beyond that one spa pic showing hairdresser stations and pedicure stations? Also anything re Blu? 

I read someone posting that AQ/spa and Blu are losing out. What will that mean? 

TYIA

16 hours ago, TommyD3 said:

Are they using the same physical location? Are they opening up the exterior wall where the TV and fake fireplace are now and creating the windows in the middle of your "After" picture?

I believe it to be the same location.    If you look at the picture the rounded glass walls are the same as the current rounded wall and window where you enter MC adjacent to the Photo Gallery.    The Fireplace will be in the opposite direction.   Not sure what the Fireplace /TV will be like.   I presume they will keep TV's but possibly relocated as they use MC as a Muster Station 

4 hours ago, Fogfog said:

Hi Jim

Have you come across anything to show what they are doing to AQ/PG etc beyond that one spa pic showing hairdresser stations and pedicure stations? Also anything re Blu? 

I read someone posting that AQ/spa and Blu are losing out. What will that mean? 

TYIA

I've not seen pictures of the Revolution Blu, AQ or PG yet. Always looking.

I think those references to AQ/Spa missing out is that they are adding quite a lot of new AQ rooms.   The increased passenger load will make those areas more crowded.     I haven't seen any hard number of how many new AQ cabins will be added as of yet but possibly from the new plans on Millennium Post Revolution might be able to count them.