Where to buy inexpensive menswear in CBD Sydney?

After months of planning we are in preflight hotel and OH has discovered he forgot his light casual jacket (with zipped pockets, very important).

Any suggestions where we could get him one without giving up too much tourist time or eating into our budget.  Thinking along the line of Uniqlo (looks a bit far to go), Next, Marks & Spencer equivalents. I'd search online but time is of the essence, hopefully some of you cheap men about town will be able to offer some pointers. Please😀

518211.jpg

I agree that Lowes is a good choice Muckyduckway . There is a Lowes store on the Corner of Pitt and Park Streets, about a 25 or 30 minute walk from the Holiday Inn. But Kiwi Kruzer's suggestion to speak to the hotel concierge is a good one also.

Enjoy your visit down under.

Leigh

4 hours ago, Muckyduckway said:

Thinking along the line of Uniqlo (looks a bit far to go), Next, Marks & Spencer equivalents.😀

It's a long time since I was last in a Marks & Spencer, but I would have thought the Aussie equivalent would be closer to David Jones or Myers. Considering the state of the Oz dollar, almost any store should be a bargain.

Also, we don't have "cheap men about town", we are all "discerning buyers of stylish yet affordable menswear".😎

• Like 2

There's a Uniqlo in the Midcity Centre - about halfway along the Pitt St mall.

Lowes on the corner of Pitt & Park as previously mentioned and Myer (on Pitt St mall)

You should find what you want at one of these three.

Otherwise Westfield (big shopping centre, again on Pitt St Mall) has some menswear retailers but they're probably at the more pricier end 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The_Big_M said:

No Kmart, or Target, nor Big W in Sydney CBD.

Might be some cheaper ones at the post-Christmas sale at Myer.

Okay, wasn't sure if any of them were in town, if there hotel was near Surry hills or  Green square such it may have helped.

Lots of great suggestions, too many to quote individually, so many thanks to all.

Should have mentioned Holiday Inn The Rocks in original post, but think you've given us enough to work with.

I'm sure OH will be delighted to describe himself as a "discerning buyer of stylish yet affordable menswear", but I might not pass that on!!!

• Like 2

Can’t argue with Lowe’s, not sure if there is a rivers in the city anymore, but I But a lot of gear there, depends on how big he is too, Big W has a pretty good range og big men’s so does target.

any of those would be worth a visit.

17 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

A few years ago while in Dunedin I found myself without a warm enough jacket and scored a Country Road jacket for $8 in the local op shop,always worth a look.

Cheers Carole

I find that it takes too much time to trawl through the stock in op shops and there probably aren't any in Sydney CBD.🙂

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I find that it takes too much time to trawl through the stock in op shops and there probably aren't any in Sydney CBD.🙂

Lol,,,I was lucky my girl friend spotted it on a model in the window,,

Cheers Carole

10 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

Lol,,,I was lucky my girl friend spotted it on a model in the window,,

Cheers Carole

I don't usually bother with op shops, but on two visits to Albany WA I have bought an item in the op shop. Like you, on each occasion I saw it in the window. One item I wear quite regularly, but the other one, not so much..... but that's life.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

It's a long time since I was last in a Marks & Spencer, but I would have thought the Aussie equivalent would be closer to David Jones or Myers. Considering the state of the Oz dollar, almost any store should be a bargain.

Also, we don't have "cheap men about town", we are all "discerning buyers of stylish yet affordable menswear".😎

Agree, been to Marks and Spencer many times in UK and in Hong Kong.  Quite pricey, cloer to DJ's/Myers for sure.  M&S clothes are overpriced in my opinion, but their food halls are great.