Elite wash and fold

Merly

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:20 AM, british betty said:

It depends how small you can make each item. It’s been suggested that rolling is the way to go. I don’t recollect there being a quantity limit, it’s just a paper bag, but it’s not huge.

In December I couldn't find what I did with the bag and our steward gave us  cloth ones. (Aqua class cabin if that matters). We got everything back in good condition (but only sent colorfast sturdy items).

On 1/30/2019 at 9:15 PM, wendychloecruiser said:

It is my recommendation that you only send basic, sturdy items to the wash and fold service.   I sent some T-shirts that when I got them back they just about fit my dachshund...length ways.  I have no idea how they managed to shrink them so badly.  They were completely unwearable.  

I always check washing labels on my stuff before it goes into the suitcase. It's still surprising how many items are not able to be tumble dried or only dried on a low heat. I also found that white underwear came back with yellowed lace so I don't send that any more. Laundry is okay otherwise and of course you can each get two items ironed. 

It is not always 30 item as one poster stated. A couple of times it has been 20. Depends on where you are. Your daughter gets it only if she is actually elite and not if she is just sharing the cabin. You will also get one dry cleaned item per person and 2 items pressed

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 4:06 PM, FlorenceItaly said:

It is one per Elite Member....30 pieces each.

On our last cruise it was only 20 items each .   That was a challenge. Not the first time we have been hit with the 20 item limit. Not sure if this time is was because it was a TA or because there were 1600 Elite 

It was 30 on my cruise last October (11 Nights), so maybe that has something to do with it.  Both husband and I are Elite, so 2 bags.  A pair of socks is considered 1 item.  

Bag is paper, so I was gentle, but I rolled up items, and placed them into the bag, and had 30 items each bag.  I also bring duct tape, so I closed the top and taped it, just so it was more secure.  I also bring a Sharpie with me, and wrote ELITE on the bag, cabin number, and totaled the number of items on the receipt, and wrote in $.00 at the bottom (only because I read that someone had forgotten to put their Loyalty info, and had to fight to get charge removed)

Worked fine for us.  As it turns out, on the next to last day our room had water damage because of storms in the Mediterranean.  They ended up cleaning all my clothes I had on my couch, as our luggage was out to pack up.  They rushed it, because we disembarked the next day and we needed those clothes since we were staying on in Rome for a few more days.

We are going on a 5-night cruise in March 2019, and I am thinking of using my free bag to wash our  (2 adults) departure from Canada clothes (jeans, t-shirts, and underwear/socks) . . . would that work? It would be nice to return to Canada in clean clothes (and not have to pack a second set of long pants . . . too cold to wear shorts in Canada before late June).

19 minutes ago, Newbie2006 said:

We are going on a 5-night cruise in March 2019, and I am thinking of using my free bag to wash our  (2 adults) departure from Canada clothes (jeans, t-shirts, and underwear/socks) . . . would that work? It would be nice to return to Canada in clean clothes (and not have to pack a second set of long pants . . . too cold to wear shorts in Canada before late June).

You need to check once you get on board what the cut off date is for laundry.  Usually it's 3 days before the cruise ends, so you will return to Canada with 3 days of dirty clothes.

On 2/1/2019 at 11:20 AM, british betty said:

It depends how small you can make each item. It’s been suggested that rolling is the way to go. I don’t recollect there being a quantity limit, it’s just a paper bag, but it’s not huge.

On Edge, we had a cloth bag. Big improvement since the paper ones often tear.

9 hours ago, Newbie2006 said:

T-shirt’s, underwear & socks are fine. My jeans shrunk as they only dry with one heat “hot”& they were skinny to begin with so almost uncomfortable to wear home.  Everything else came back fine.  What we do is put all the wash clothes on the bed & stagger them & take a picture of what we are sending toget washed as once we had something missing & the next time one of my husbands t shirts was replaced by a child’s.  We had photo as proof.  They seem to have better control of the laundry now. If it’s only a 5 night cruise that means that you would have to send in your laundry the 2nd day to make sure you get them back but the end of the cruise,

Edited by If only
  • Like 1

On 1/31/2019 at 4:19 AM, jazzmanfive said:

I second that statement, they must chuck everything in with bedding,my items came back boiled to the bone, never again free or not.:classic_ohmy:

Jazz

We don’t use the laundry service any longer for the same reason; however, the dry cleaning & pressing are fabulous

We are also Elite and have given up on the free laundry.  Our first experience we sent out my husband's white dress shirt to be pressed.  It somehow came back with a big yellow stain on it.  We decided we would skip the free pressing since we didn't want to risk damaging another item.  The second time we used it we had items missing when it was returned and had some other passengers laundry mixed in with ours.  Our cabin attendant got it straightened out after two days.  The third and final time we used it we took pictures of everything laid out on the bed that we were sending - only undies and socks since everything comes back massively wrinkled.  Once again items were missing but we had the visual proof.  

No thanks to the free laundry and pressing.  :classic_biggrin:

We had a wonderful butler on our last cruise.  Lots of clothes stuffed into the cloth bag.  Socks and loose items came back in a nice basket.  All shirts, blouses, shorts and pants came back ironed and on hangers!  Did it twice. No extra charges.  He got a tidy sum in additional tips.

2 minutes ago, CEOofVacation said:

We had a wonderful butler on our last cruise.  Lots of clothes stuffed into the cloth bag.  Socks and loose items came back in a nice basket.  All shirts, blouses, shorts and pants came back ironed and on hangers!  Did it twice. No extra charges.  He got a tidy sum in additional tips.

We look forward to a great butler who will be tipped very well by us as well.

5 hours ago, orchestrapal said:

Does anyone know if the top suites get full laundry service

instead of just wash and fold?

Royal, Signature and above get unlimited laundry and dry clean.   Also Zenith’s get unlimited laundry. 

Suites get get fabric bags while others get paper.  

I use the laundry? Yes, but be careful.  If something is dear, don’t send it.  They do great on knits. Broad cloth shirts need pressing. You have some free pressing. On the laundry slip, write which items need to be pressed. Sometimes, without asking, you will get clothes pressed on hangers. I did have a problem on Infinity.  Many years ago, on Infinity they used a black pen to write cabin # on the item. On light colored shirts, the black ink bled through. Celebrity paid to replace ruined items.  Never had a problem on any other ship. 

We were on a B2B on the Equinox a couple of weeks ago......we used pressing, dry cleaning and laundry and everything came back in perfect condition. With the laundry I put whites in one bag and darks in the other. It was great for packing as I just put both bags directly into our suitcases. Our friends who are Zenith and were cruising with us had a few items missing but eventually they were found.