Odyssey of the Seas Blocks are in the House

Lloyd555

21 hours ago, deliver42 said:

White elephant usually describes something that failed. The Oasis Class is definitely not a failure. In fact, quite the opposite.

In the post COVID world 5,000 passenger behemoths are likely to be money losers. There's no practical way to "social distance" on a cruise ship without cutting passenger size. And even with a vaccine (no vaccine is 100% effective) the risk on an outbreak will be a real threat for years to come. I suspect RCCL is experiencing buyer's remorse at the thought of launching a new ship that probably won't offer a good ROI.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, koolZip said:

In the post COVID world 5,000 passenger behemoths are likely to be money losers. There's no practical way to "social distance" on a cruise ship without cutting passenger size. And even with a vaccine (no vaccine is 100% effective) the risk on an outbreak will be a real threat for years to come. I suspect RCCL is experiencing buyer's remorse at the thought of launching a new ship that probably won't offer a good ROI.

Those new ship behemoths can break even running at 30% capacity where older ships need 50% or more.  That’s straight from the execs at Royal on the latest earnings conference call. Guess which ships are getting mothballed first....it ain’t the new behemoths. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Those new ship behemoths can break even running at 30% capacity where older ships need 50% or more.  That’s straight from the execs at Royal on the latest earnings conference call. Guess which ships are getting mothballed first....it ain’t the new behemoths. 

............ and more´s the pity!

• Haha 1

You just might want to do your research before posting such rubbish.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

5 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

You just might want to do your research before posting such rubbish.

Amen...the statistics prove exactly the opposite of that other original post.  The larger ships are not only money-makers...but almost cash cows.

The cruises themselves have marginal profits...the ancillary services...drinks, spas, etc. are the profitable part of the business...so the larger the ship with more of those things...the larger the profit opportunity.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Did I miss a previous confirmation that Jamie's will be replaced with Giovanni's?

It’s been Giovanni’s in my cruise planner for a long time.  I think all the changes started around the same time as they announced Giovanni’s kitchen and wine bar for Allure during her drydock. 

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It’s been Giovanni’s in my cruise planner for a long time.  I think all the changes started around the same time as they announced Giovanni’s kitchen and wine bar for Allure during her drydock. 

When is your Sailing? we are sailing Feb 2021 (fingers crossed) and have all the restaurants except for Giovanni's showing. 😞 

I imagine I will eventually see it come available. 

21 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Different strokes.....

With teenagers, at this stage of our lives we won’t sail on anything but the big girls.

I also agree- with teens your MUCH better of to sail the big girls. Much more things to do for them- which means more free time for the partents. Isn´t it wonderful to have so many options?

I hope at least a few options remain after the Pandemic.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Argana said:

We are supposed to be on this sailing as well, but I'm losing hope that it will happen.

I'm hoping if it is cancelled they do it before our final payment due. And yes I'm losing hope that she will also.

• Like 1

Odyssey of the Seas' Sky Pad was loaded as well onto Lottaland. Didn't show up in photos that Mobimar shared the other day. One more piece to be unloaded today at Meyer Werft.

📷 VG-Shipping

Lotta VG with Sky Pad.jpg

In transit...

📷 Max

363814259_MaxAs1.thumb.jpg.78e32355df6c77ab6c8f91f4edd7da16.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

On 6/8/2020 at 10:26 PM, dalee21860 said:

any idea what the capacity limits are going to be ?

On 6/8/2020 at 10:34 PM, Tee & Chilli said:

No one knows of any capacity limits. People are speculating.

Even if there will be capacity limits, I doubt once crusing will begin you will find full ships as lot's of people still are not feeling confident or want to wait and see when things have resumed how things will be going.

14 hours ago, LXA350 said:

Even if there will be capacity limits, I doubt once crusing will begin you will find full ships as lot's of people still are not feeling confident or want to wait and see when things have resumed how things will be going.

Agree.  We sure will feel better about cruising once a fully tested successful  COVID-19 vaccine is available.

• Like 1