Equinox Revolution

Jim_Iain

7 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Maybe they can train them to play the piano...😉

Actually, I like the whimsical pigs - just like Mr. Edge on Edge, they will be the ship's mascots - looking forward to see what the other revolutionized ships will have - maybe goats on the Silhouette? 🙂

They sometimes have outdoor pig art displays  in some cities..... They are all brightly decorated,.kind of a tourist attraction/ fundraiser.  Can we bring our markers or  have a contest to dress them up?

Apologies to more serious posters but the Edgies are just having some fun!

"Example...but I promise no more!"

LOL!    Of course, in VT we have life-sized cow sculptures painted in similar designs spread all over the state.  Very cool! Okay, back to the Passport Pigs....

Edited by vtcruising

13 minutes ago, mari10 said:

Tomorrow my mission is to dress the piglet.

But right now listening to fabulous house band and on 3rd French Martini... 

Hope I make dinner 😂

omg do it do it do it!  Let's make this a thing!  I can guarantee we will also do this on our 6/22 sailing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, mari10 said:

Tomorrow my mission is to dress the piglet.

But right now listening to fabulous house band and on 3rd French Martini... 

Hope I make dinner 😂

Nice!!!!  Quick question if you get a chance to answer.  Since I'm assuming you have visited the martini bar 🍸....does it still have the frosted top since the revolution or did they change it to a "regular" top like the Edge?  Thanks so much for all of the info!!  Continue to enjoy and can't wait to see the pics of the dressed up piglet ☺️

2 minutes ago, Reel Love said:

LOL.....As I was typing my reply about seeing pics of the pig I was thinking about the fact that they have cameras everywhere and I hope she doesn't get into any trouble ☺️

Oh well, it would be worth it - a great story to tell on Cruise Critic!

2 hours ago, CDSparks said:

Couldn’t replace basic common area loungers and they still have the nerve to use the term “Revolutionized”??? Already hating the Celebrity experience so far and we haven’t even set sail yet... 

ALL the loungers have been replaced with new ones.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Is the Retreat Sundeck wheelchair or elevator accessible?

I just read a post on the closed Equinox Facebook Group that it is not accessible... They said the only way to access it was via a set of stairs. 

7 hours ago, Reel Love said:

LOL.....As I was typing my reply about seeing pics of the pig I was thinking about the fact that they have cameras everywhere and I hope she doesn't get into any trouble ☺️

Maybe just put a bow on them...harmless!?

10 minutes ago, CDSparks said:

I just read a post on the closed Equinox Facebook Group that it is not accessible... They said the only way to access it was via a set of stairs. 

How could they not have a way to acces it?  

Even the outdoor movies have a way,,,,

15 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Both of those press releases said that ALL staterooms received king size cashmere mattresses.  I've seen reports of new mattresses but has anybody mentioned they are now king size?

I don't see how it could be true, the beds still fit under the overhead storage above the bed and there isn't any more room at the foot of the bed.  I'm sure this is just an error by someone cut and pasting from the Edge descriptions.  

8 hours ago, mari10 said:

Martini bar is still frozen .

Just finished dinner and to answer your question had to stop by and order another martini 😂

I may not thank you in the morning!

Thank you mari10!  CC folks are great.....sacrificing at the martini bar so that those of us on shore can have answers about the S-class revolution!  You're the best ☺️🍸   Thanks again (and hope that martini did not make you regret your decision to seek out the answer 😉).  Enjoy the rest of your cruise!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hcat said:

How could they not have a way to acces it?  

My guess is that they will add an outside elevator as they did for M Class, hopefully ASAP. They probably didn't have time during the shortened dry dock. There is no way they would get away with not making it accessible. People in suites with accessibility issues would miss out on a huge part of the suite amenities.

From:  https://caribbean-pirates.com/nautical_superstitions.php

15. Pigs
Atlantic seamen in the West Indies had a bizarre superstition related to swine. Pigs themselves were held at great respect because they possessed cloven hooves just like the devil and the pig was the signature animal for the Great Earth Goddess who controlled the winds. As a result, these fishermen never spoke the word "pig" out loud, instead referring to the animal by such safe nicknames as Curly-Tail and Turf-Rooter. It was believed that mentioning the word "pig" would result in strong winds. Actually killing a pig on board the ship would result in a full scale storm.

If you get a chance, the NZ Maritime Museum in Aukland, New Zealand is very good. 

https://www.maritimemuseum.co.nz/top-20-sailing-superstitions

19.  Tattoos
When tattooing became popular at sea a rooster and a pig were often tattooed onto sailors’ feet. It was believed these animals would prevent the sailors from drowning by showing them the way to shore.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, mmeg29 said:

Image result for cincinnati pigs

According to Chinese Horoscope this year is year of PIG.

I hope It will bring luck to Celebrity with less complain.

Pigs in the Year of the Pig (2019) The year of one’s zodiac sign is their 本命年 (ben ming nian). It is traditionally the most unlucky year with trouble and danger lurking at every corner. Similar to the previous year, Pigs may find luck in some areas of their life, but others will require hard work to avoid potential pitfalls.

Chinese believe if you touch the PIG in PIG YEAR with bring you good luck.😄

Edited by verizon
  • Like 2