Equinox Revolution

Jim_Iain

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 4:41 PM, vtcruising said:

Some cute piggy pictures - sorry if you don't like the pigs.

I'm sorry, but I didn't notice a pig in any of those photos !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CardRock said:

Somebody posted on FB that they do have these ground loungers for movies on the lawn...I like it...i like it a lot!

image.png.133e8f9ba536f256f241da052a69c5c4.png

Those are the recliners they had for wine and cheese on the lawn.

They aren't as comfortable as they look.

Better than nothing but not great.

22 minutes ago, mmeg29 said:

Apparently, bedside tables are arriving.  Sounds like she is still a work in progress.
Image may contain: indoor

Thank God! The old ones were in rough shape. I wonder if they’ll add/change anything else

Are any of these new model bedside tables being installed in regular balcony staterooms in the near future? Are the beds and linens being refreshed in regular balcony staterooms also. We are sailing Oct 14 and are hoping some of the room refresh is in place.

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Now I know where the screen name "Ham" came from! 😉

Vt, it is not that I do not like ham or pig tables, but I have followed C-Dragons and Texed; just did not know that at the time...

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mari10 said:

I heard a few complaints and it seemed like those who requested loungers received them. I noticed a nice stack of overflow loungers on deck 12, so I think the requests were certainly doable. 

I guess the old stools would not match the new chairs, but why do away with a perk of booking concierge class, was my question to the higher ups.

Did you get an answer as to why the perk of footstools was done away with?  Seems like it was intentional, as they could have matched up new ones to the new furniture.

9 hours ago, ceejcooke said:

Their math is correct. Count the days. If you count each day from 5/4 to 6/1 it is 29 days.

If you include June 1 it's 29 days, yes, but it did a public sailing from Fort Lauderdale on June 1, so their "29 days in Cadiz" statement doesn't make sense anyway. IIRC, Equinox arrived in Cadiz on May 13 and left on May 23. That's 10/11 days in dry-dock, a THIRD of the 29 days Celebrity mentions. There was hardly any major work done during the transport trips from/to Florida.

Even though not through the fault of X,  this recent refit of Equinox was much ado about nothing!

Ok- I forgot about the cute little pigs..! A new ugly redone Michaels Club ( again)

An new sundeck- thats summs it ( almost up) - oh the new paint- of course!

Great picture of Capt. Kate- the lady to the right seems to have been in a great hurry- she forgot to dress - just slipped into her pumps- a very nice nightgown though!

Edited by Germancruiser
  • Haha 1

On 6/4/2019 at 11:56 AM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Are there any images posted yet showing the (food offerings) on the Craft Social menu? I wonder how much they've changed from the Gastrobar.

Thought I'd throw that out there again, since when I asked previously there was quite a "distraction" in the post (nearly raw hamburger)!  🙂

Anyone on board there now who's able to go take a couple images of the menu?

Tom

15 hours ago, Husky61 said:

After a few years on this form, and reading most of the comments about the Equinox revolution, I can clearly see why this forum is called Cruise CRITIC.

It is a bit over the top anymore. Almost as bad as the social media outlet that makes you lose faith in humanity.

Apparently some hull paint has come off. Everyone is suddenly a certified marine paint expert....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, ecslady said:

Did you get an answer as to why the perk of footstools was done away with?  Seems like it was intentional, as they could have matched up new ones to the new furniture.

No one seems to know why, but alluded to the thought that designers sometimes have conceptual ideas that don’t actually work. 

2 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Thought I'd throw that out there again, since when I asked previously there was quite a "distraction" in the post (nearly raw hamburger)!  🙂

Anyone on board there now who's able to go take a couple images of the menu?

I looked briefly at the menu  upon boarding, but will try to take some pics today. 

Edited by mari10
  • Like 1

Some observations:

On The Equinox Le Petit Chef at Quisine is offering two presentations.

One is the original Le Petit Chef and last night it was Le Petit Chef & Friends ( the same as on The Edge) .

We dined at Tuscan last night and although our filet was very good and cooked perfectly, the restaurant feels tired, like it has lost its pizazz. Compared to Murano being packed the previous night, Tuscan was practically empty. 

Had a chuckle in the elevator last night, a gentleman had an annoyed look on his face and asked everyone in the elevator if we hated the “obnoxiously loud music that was playing in the grand foyer”. When no one answered him, he said “ well obviously not” and promptly got off at the next stop. We all then chuckled., it was actually a very talented female singer performing. 

On a final note, the pigs are popular as people are taking photos with them.

I think the passport bar and surrounding area now has a very nice vibe, a good and comfortable improvement .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harborgirl246 said:

Do you think they will replace carpeting in regular veranda cabins on a rolling basis as the weeks go by or will we have to wait for another dry dock?

IDK...Do you think carpet can be laid in a cabin between passengers departing and when the room has to be ready for the next passengers...as well as getting the room back in order?