Jim_Iain

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:09 AM, Pier290 said:

Maybe we can nix all the PIG talk and stick to the topic at hand?? 🤔🤔🤔

🌴😎🥂🍹🍷😎🌴

Oh no; the pig police have arrived.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

The CS looks exactly the same but that’s a good thing in my book. This was a great ship prior to the refresh so I’m happy that she was spruced up in some areas but mainly left intact.

While I agree that the CS look the same- but I would have liked new carpet and all soft goods to have been replaced.  The couch and carpet on our last cruise could have used a replacement.  The furniture was fine.  What areas in the CS look spruced up to you? 

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

While I agree that the CS look the same- but I would have liked new carpet and all soft goods to have been replaced.  The couch and carpet on our last cruise could have used a replacement.  The furniture was fine.  What areas in the CS look spruced up to you? 

My reference to the sprucing up referred to the entire ship. 

And HERE'S another example of an "all in" full ship renovation @$155M. It was like a totally different (better!) ship afterwards.

I agree that what Celebrity is doing is, for the most part, a more comprehensive "regular" dry dock - with a few notable significant changes. Mostly just window dressing ... though, admittedly, some window dressings are very nice !

Tom

I haven't read the last 5-6 pages thoroughly, so this may have been uploaded already, but this is Celebrity's press release about the Equinox Revolution. They don't spare us from fancy terms - and they even managed to squeeze in 29 days in Cadiz from May 4 to June 1 - do the math!

The press text should be able to give everyone an overview of what was "officially" renovated during the dry-dock.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/06-03-19-Celebrity_Equinox_Completes-Revolution.pdf

10 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

What the heck was celebrity thinking. On a cruise ship? Dolphins, sea horses as such even turtles would be more appropriate.

I don't know.. but, for some reason, swimming with pigs (excursion) is evidently a "thing" with some people now.

I'll call him/it Arnold.

Tom

1 hour ago, mikkelhansen said:

I haven't read the last 5-6 pages thoroughly, so this may have been uploaded already, but this is Celebrity's press release about the Equinox Revolution. They don't spare us from fancy terms - and they even managed to squeeze in 29 days in Cadiz from May 4 to June 1 - do the math!

The press text should be able to give everyone an overview of what was "officially" renovated during the dry-dock.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/06-03-19-Celebrity_Equinox_Completes-Revolution.pdf

In one way I have no dog in this hunt, because I have mixed feelings about the changes seen in the posted pictures, but I think that press release is misleading.

It doesn’t seem from the posts so far that the RFID has been installed and the bedding was not replaced all over the ship - more like bedding was replaced in some cabins, and those cabins happen to be scattered all over the ship. I’m mostly in the camp that thinks Equinox was in pretty good shape, and I don’t feel slighted that we will miss something on our August cruise.

Im reserving judgment, but in the pictures, the color schemes and furniture in the Reyreat and Retreat lounge look a bit jarring in comparison to the rest of the ship. It’s not so much that I don’t like them, but they don’t fit or relate. The changes on Summit may not be functional or to a particular persons taste, but they look unified and the public spaces mostly look quite elegant - Equinox looks a little odd in the pictures. But we will see in August.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

It doesn’t seem from the posts so far that the RFID has been installed

It has indeed been installed and is working perfectly! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, supersaramoon said:

For those in concierge class, can someone speak to if your room attendant or guest services was able to get your foot stools fro your balcony?   I know it sounds stupid, but the foot stools are really what pushed me into upgrading to CC in the first place. 😞

I am also curious about this.  I saw foot stools in one photo posted from this week's sailing, though it was from a suite stateroom.  Others have reported no footstools for concierge staterooms.  Does anyone have any more information on this?  Maybe more photos of those with stools (stool samples?  hehe, sorry)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

Their math is correct. Count the days. If you count each day from 5/4 to 6/1 it is 29 days.

4 hours ago, mari10 said:

When I asked my cabin attendant about getting us some foot stools, he said they weren’t any around since the new furniture design does not have them . I then asked for 2 loungers and he promptly brought them to our balcony. Since we have a hump balcony the loungers amply fit along with the 2 existing chairs and one interior and one exterior table. 

Last night senior officers clearly visible and asking for feedback and comments. Reoccurring theme was do not wait until the end of the cruise to comment, they want to know now what can be improved.  

Did you hear any complaints about the foot stools?   Or the larger balcony tables?

I know it's a little thing but they could at least have left the old ones.

Edited by chamima
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, yorky said:

Nothing wrong with the bathrooms in S class ships, I think they are one of the best out there already.

This is our first sailing on X, and I told my DH this morning that this is one of the better bathrooms we've had in a cabin (we're in a regular balcony).  The shower is a nice size, I love that there's a bar for leg shaving, and there's plenty of storage.  I think the only better bathroom we've had in a regular cabin has been on Oceania Riviera.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hiccups said:

This is our first sailing on X, and I told my DH this morning that this is one of the better bathrooms we've had in a cabin (we're in a regular balcony).  The shower is a nice size, I love that there's a bar for leg shaving, and there's plenty of storage.  I think the only better bathroom we've had in a regular cabin has been on Oceania Riviera.

We think they made very good use of the space, the shower in particular is very good in our view.

41 minutes ago, chamima said:

Did you hear any complaints about the foot stools?   Or the larger balcony tables?

I know it's a little thing but they could at least have left the old ones

I heard a few complaints and it seemed like those who requested loungers received them. I noticed a nice stack of overflow loungers on deck 12, so I think the requests were certainly doable. 

I guess the old stools would not match the new chairs, but why do away with a perk of booking concierge class, was my question to the higher ups.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I don't know.. but, for some reason, swimming with pigs (excursion) is evidently a "thing" with some people now.

I'll call him/it Arnold.

Tom

Exactly were they belong, on the farm in Green Acres.