Equinox Revolution

Jim_Iain

3 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Sorry, I misunderstood. I was talking about the CS. The Sky Suite looks pretty much the same if it is a picture after the renovation - looks like new linens (and maybe bed), art. This was the only picture that I saw of the sky suites since the EQ sailed on June 1. I wonder if Captain's Club would be able to answer the question about what was done and what might be still be done before your cruise.

image.png.893591506feb0606d0ddb683fc8ce333.png

Good idea...although the Apex in an SV looks pretty good with the two perks in Nov...that dirty couch makes me cringe!

Edited by Lastdance

41 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

These CS pictures were just posted about an hour ago. Looks about the same, but it's been a few years since I was in an S Class CS - scroll ahead for the CS pictures:

The CS looks exactly the same but that’s a good thing in my book. This was a great ship prior to the refresh so I’m happy that she was spruced up in some areas but mainly left intact.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Good idea...although the Apex in an SV looks pretty good with the two perks in Nov..

I added to the answer above. 🙂

The Apex Aft Club would be happy!

Edited by vtcruising

13 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I added to the answer above. 🙂

The Apex Aft Club would be happy!

Thank you, as that would be fun if my DH would agree since it is his birthday...I guess I could double book and see.

I just called Captain’s Club...no new furniture except on the balcony...bathrooms stay the same etc.  I definitely need to give this some thought... I really did enjoy Edge!

5 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Thank you, as that would be fun if my DH would agree since it is his birthday...I guess I could double book and see.

I just called Captain’s Club...no new furniture except on the balcony...bathrooms stay the same etc.  I definitely need to give this some thought... I really did enjoy Edge!

Come join the APEX AFT CLUB!   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CDSparks said:

Mainly the lack of updating to the stateroom. I was looking forward to the updated bathroom in the stateroom. The new veranda furniture is terrible and the new veranda table is laughable. Main dining room and buffet were supposed to be updated but weren’t. Solarium unchanged They still have the old cruddy bedside tables in the rooms. Just very poorly done and not worthy of the term “Revolution”. Refreshed would’ve been the better word to use. I’m still wondering what they did over 29 days other than the retreat Sundeck, new bedding, and a coat of blue paint. 

The one document leaked from Celebrity never mentioned upgrades to the OVC or main dining room. Those changes were for M class not S class ships. The balcony furniture seems perfectly fine to me? Without actually sitting in it, what's so bad about it? Solarium, again, no changes ever indicated. There were never any images of what the refreshed bathroom was supposed to be. The stateroom refresh was done as planned. Unless you were supposed to be in a suite that didn't get built out, I personally don't see what the doom and gloom is all about. I would definitely cancel if it's that upsetting to you.

49 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The one document leaked from Celebrity never mentioned upgrades to the OVC or main dining room. Those changes were for M class not S class ships. The balcony furniture seems perfectly fine to me? Without actually sitting in it, what's so bad about it? Solarium, again, no changes ever indicated. There were never any images of what the refreshed bathroom was supposed to be. The stateroom refresh was done as planned. Unless you were supposed to be in a suite that didn't get built out, I personally don't see what the doom and gloom is all about. I would definitely cancel if it's that upsetting to you.

And for those of us who had a suite that did not get built out, there is still no doom and gloom as Celebrity has taken care of the situation adequately. No complaints from this girl. 😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

I figured as much - I'm glad they were frank with you. I would like to see the balcony furniture. At least the table looks promising.

Double booking sounds smart .....🙂     I'll post my thoughts on TA thread.

Edited by vtcruising

42 minutes ago, mmeg29 said:

And for those of us who had a suite that did not get built out, there is still no doom and gloom as Celebrity has taken care of the situation adequately. No complaints from this girl. 😎

After seeing some of the decisions they made with the M Class Sky Suite renovations, it may be a good thing. The Retreat looks great and the other refurnished venues look nice, so I'll bet you will enjoy!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CDSparks said:

Mainly the lack of updating to the stateroom. I was looking forward to the updated bathroom in the stateroom. The new veranda furniture is terrible and the new veranda table is laughable. Main dining room and buffet were supposed to be updated but weren’t. Solarium unchanged They still have the old cruddy bedside tables in the rooms. Just very poorly done and not worthy of the term “Revolution”. Refreshed would’ve been the better word to use. I’m still wondering what they did over 29 days other than the retreat Sundeck, new bedding, and a coat of blue paint. 

Please consider that opposite to Millenium Class these ships are not even ten years old. They never promissed to rebuild all cabins and bathrooms at this time, and why should they?

11 hours ago, yorky said:

To be honest no, I don’t like the look of much of the revolution and I think some of it is a backwards step if not a suite guest.

Nothing wrong with the bathrooms in S class ships, I think they are one of the best out there already.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yorky said:

Nothing wrong with the bathrooms in S class ships, I think they are one of the best out there already.

The only ones we ahve issues with are those in Sky and Celebrity suites which have the shower above the bath and it is a high step into and out of the bath. Fortunately there are some grab handles but you always have to be ultra careful when you use the showers. The rest have always been fine although our exprience with the rest is limited to AQ cabins.

15 hours ago, blueboro said:

Just curious as to what is missing from the dry dock that you are upset about?

I have to agree that many are complaining like they think Celebrity is pulling one over on them.  Also, they didn’t shorten the dry dock reparations on purpose. 

Edited by floatel_lvr

1 hour ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

The only ones we ahve issues with are those in Sky and Celebrity suites which have the shower above the bath and it is a high step into and out of the bath. Fortunately there are some grab handles but you always have to be ultra careful when you use the showers. The rest have always been fine although our exprience with the rest is limited to AQ cabins.

I doubt that they would have replaced those tubs even if they had redone those suites. They didn't replace the tubs in the M Class SS and CS and those were really tricky to use. The S Class, though high, were a bit easier to enter (at least for me).

I agree that the S Class bathrooms look pretty good. I hope that, over time, they will change out the couches and any upholstered chairs to update the EQ SS and CS (and curtains, if those weren't done). That is what is dating those suites more than anything, IMO. It would be easy enough to do and go a long way to update them. If they do replace them, let's hope for a full-sized, plush couch, as opposed to M updates and E Class. 

Edited by vtcruising

13 hours ago, mmeg29 said:

Perhaps it's been discussed elsewhere - but I've been wondering precisely how Celebrity navigated that bump in the road?

Tom

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Perhaps it's been discussed elsewhere - but I've been wondering precisely how Celebrity navigated that bump in the road?

Tom

I think I have the same question -- we're sailing in August in a Sky Suite (S2), and from what I can tell so far nothing was done to those rooms -- no new carpet, drapes, or bed -- or am I missing something?  Are you saying Celebrity is doing something for those folks?  mmeg29, can you comment further?

2 minutes ago, panmalv said:

I think I have the same question -- we're sailing in August in a Sky Suite (S2), and from what I can tell so far nothing was done to those rooms -- no new carpet, drapes, or bed -- or am I missing something?  Are you saying Celebrity is doing something for those folks?  mmeg29, can you comment further?

My question was more specific to those people had booked suites which didn't exist previously (were going to be added during the dry dock), but ultimately didn't get built. Thus --- no room at the inn !!

Tom

20 hours ago, MSR74 said:

Anyone feeling a little disappointed so far by this "Revolution?" So much was done to Millennium Class. This seems more  refreshed rather than "revolutionized." 

Seems that Celebrity is doing the same thing to the Solstice Class that they did to Millennium Class when the Solstice Class was introduced.  Somewhat of a half-hearted attempt to make those ships seem "new" at the time.

Comparing this to Edge is disappointing and to Millennium and Summit even more so. I feel a little under excited to sail in October.

Maybe I was expecting too much with all of the advanced marketing hype...

Honestly though, as someone mentioned earlier, how far can you stretch $500 million across an entire fleet?

With this being said, I really did enjoy the Silhouette when I sailed several years ago. I guess I was just expecting something a little more drastic. 

Thank you all for posting photos. Looking forward to seeing a walkthrough on YouTube. 

Parent company RCI is spending $165M just to upgrade one ship (link below).  So agreed that $500M across all Celebrity ships will not go too far.  Particularly with so much being spent on M-Class.  So S-Class will just be refreshed.  That is just fine with me!

https://www.travelandleisure.com/cruises/royal-caribbean-oasis-of-the-seas-renovations

For those in concierge class, can someone speak to if your room attendant or guest services was able to get your foot stools fro your balcony?   I know it sounds stupid, but the foot stools are really what pushed me into upgrading to CC in the first place. :(

4 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

Our story is a long one but we were in a Signature Suite for 12 nights ( at a great price) with lots of OBC because we booked while on Edge. I will shorten it dramatically.  First I am not upset about the lack of hot tub in the Retreat as the original announcements from  Celebrity did not mention a water feature, there was never a hot tub shown on the deck plan changes, and the Future Rep told us in February that there were no plans for a hot tub.  If there had been one it would have been a bonus for me.  The signature suite has a tub on the balcony so I can make my own "water feature."  We were upgraded to a Royal Suite with our original price protected.  All we gain is square footage that I can see and I almost upgraded on a rare day when the price was down.  I had my own reasons for wanting the Signature Suite.  This is an acceptable switch for me.  As for those in the Reflection Suite, no one has said what Celebrity did for them, that I have seen, but both women who I have seen respond to this elsewhere seemed quite pleased with the changes.  I am thinking if these women had not been well cared for we would have heard about it.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, panmalv said:

Tom is right - we were booked into a room which did not exist at booking and was not able to be constructed during dry dock in Cadiz.  Honestly, I do not know what Celebrity's price was last year for an SS2 on Equinox but I think the prices are fair compared to Edge even if there was no upgrade in the room.  Perhaps that is because I am used to DCL prices? Or because Edge seemed expensive ( we got a good price) but expensive compared to the NCL DOS that I canceled to be in an SS1 corner aft.

40 minutes ago, supersaramoon said:

For those in concierge class, can someone speak to if your room attendant or guest services was able to get your foot stools fro your balcony?   I know it sounds stupid, but the foot stools are really what pushed me into upgrading to CC in the first place. 😞

When I asked my cabin attendant about getting us some foot stools, he said they weren’t any around since the new furniture design does not have them . I then asked for 2 loungers and he promptly brought them to our balcony. Since we have a hump balcony the loungers amply fit along with the 2 existing chairs and one interior and one exterior table. 

Last night senior officers clearly visible and asking for feedback and comments. Reoccurring theme was do not wait until the end of the cruise to comment, they want to know now what can be improved.  

Edited by mari10
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I doubt that they would have replaced those tubs even if they had redone those suites. They didn't replace the tubs in the M Class SS and CS and those were really tricky to use. The S Class, though high, were a bit easier to enter (at least for me).

I agree that the S Class bathrooms look pretty good. I hope that, over time, they will change out the couches and any upholstered chairs to update the EQ SS and CS (and curtains, if those weren't done). That is what is dating those suites more than anything, IMO. It would be easy enough to do and go a long way to update them. If they do replace them, let's hope for a full-sized, plush couch, as opposed to M updates and E Class. 

I totally agree, as I love S class, especially when prices correspond more to updates.  It is my money and the cabin class I choose to book, along with the ship is truly up to me...the carpeting and drapes do need to be replaced, at the very least.  I love the new beds and find them extremely comfortable.  

Edited by Lastdance