new Princess cut back

DarDee

does everyone realize that Princess has now cut back on the days between changing of the sheets on our beds?  it used to be 3 days and now it's 4.  pretty soon, who knows how many times they will change it over a 7 day cruise.

we must write this on the surveys.  I love clean sheets and have considered asking for every 2 days but haven't because of other cut backs.... no staff but that's another story.  Write it on your surveys!  write it on the ship and give to Pursers.  The cut backs are ridiculous.  Notice we don't get rack of lamb, escargot, and other dishes in the dining room?  that's another topic.

thanks..... complain  

• Haha 1

Soooo......escargot and lamb are still on the menus in the dining room. My favorite twice baked goat cheese soufflé is still on the menu, so are dessert souffles.  Changing sheets every 4 days is fine with me. If I want them changed for any reason before that, all I have to do is ask the cabin steward, and it will happen. I change sheets once a week at home, usually, maybe a bit more often in the summer.   

What I want is a relaxing, safe, comfortable on board experience in IMHO Princess continues to provide that. 

• Like 19

As long as the sheets are changed on turnaround day for new set of passengers It really doesn't bother me. Too much other fun stuff going on in a cruise to worry about having your sheets changed on a constant basis.

Edited by Georgie562
  • Like 12

Lighten up people. This is important to the OP. Who are you/we to slam the OP for something that's viewed as important. Why don't y'all post something that you find important and let us all slam on you. Mercy, aren't we all here to help one another?

As another poster correctly pointed out,  Maybe it's none of my business.

• Like 11

I’m on the fence here. 

I work hard for my money and I chose to spend a big portion of my disposable income on a cruise to the Mediterranean on the Emerald in October. I took the initiative to book a mini suite and I also chose anytime dining and even booked high end excursions as well as several spa treatments. 

Not to bore you with any of this but I ensured myself that my vacation is going to be better than everything I have at home. So I don’t think it’s fair for anyone to compare something to what we have at home. If we don’t have expectations of better service on a cruise ship then we might as well stay home. 

Having said that, the frequency of bedding changes isn’t a priority of mine. 

Glenn

To edit this, please excuse the grammar inconsistencies.

Edited by Grburkart
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I agree with Glenn,  we spend money to have fun on vacation. We spoil ourselves.  Bedding is not a priority; fun on the cruise is a priority. 

p.s.  I don't eat lamb so would not miss it if they don't serve it.  But I do like the fettuccine Alfredo

Edited by AF-1
  • Like 1

I'm sorry, but  this doesn't sound like a serious topic. We are the only ones sleeping in our bed, so I don't care if they change the sheets every 3 or 4 days. What is the cutback? They still have to change them again on turnaround day.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

Lighten up people. This is important to the OP. Who are you/we to slam the OP for something that's viewed as important. Why don't y'all post something that you find important and let us all slam on you. Mercy, aren't we all here to help one another?

As another poster correctly pointed out,  Maybe it's none of my business.

Unfortunately once you post your thoughts on a board you are making it the business of others and are going to get both support for your opinion and negative feedback.

Cheers

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I think what is under the sheets is more important...... the bed...... oooh aren't the new beds so comfortable.

I vote for it is your holiday and you like being spoilt......    But it you stay in a luxury land based resort...  they encourage you only to get new towels and sheets every two-three days

Cheers Don   

First world problem, for sure.  But one of the things I enjoy at hotels and on cruises is frequent linen changes; it just feels extra nice to climb into a bed with fresh sheets.  

On our December cruise, it was clear to me that my stateroom attendant was tightening up the sheets some nights and not changing them, but we actually survived.  If I had my druthers, I'd ask for fresh sheets every other day, but under normal circumstances, every 3rd or 4th day will be OK.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Piperpals said:

Unfortunately once you post your thoughts on a board you are making it the business of others and are going to get both support for your opinion and negative feedback.

Cheers

I’ll certainly give you that. There are those among us who under the cloak of anonymity always seen to be spoiling to insert a fang into the throat of another here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I agree with DarDee but for me the ultimate would be fresh daily. I realize that is not practical when traveling or at home. I will have to save that luxury for when I win the powerball and can afford full time staff,  a personal chef would be nice too. But till then I will be happy someone else is washing my sheets every 3 - 4 days and making my bed daily and cooking all my meals and doing the dishes.:classic_biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Have you ever thought of the big picture.

Princess ships are getting bigger with thousands of passengers and crew.

Now, if every bed got changed every 2nd day,  this would add extra pressure on the laundry staff.

Think of every item they wash every day.  It's massive.

Then - next thing - Elite passengers are complaining of their laundry taking so long to get back to them.

Remember - it's not as if the ship can outsource the laundry!!!   

If you feel that your sheets need changing then simply ask nicely.  It's pays to be nice to staff on cruises.

Whilst it's important to you what day the sheets get changed, in the grand plan of life I am just grateful that we get the pleasure of being on a wonderful cruise ship.   

• Like 1

I think once a week is fine. 

I honestly have no clue how often they do it. I usually cruise for 14 days at a time and never knew how often they did this.

If people want it every 2 days - charge them extra for it. Princess isn't staffed properly to do this. Unless you have some medical issue, this is not necessary. I doubt people do this at home.

Edited by Coral

Just saying my husband scrated a place on his arm which left a tiny blood spot on the sheet the first night of our Princess cruise in January 2019.

New sheets when the cabin steward made our bed the next day and it was so small we didn't mention it to him.  He noticed and just did it.  

• Like 2