On Millennium. A few thoughts

Merly

1 hour ago, bkbarrym said:

Wonder whether the Suits who signed off on these design elements had any extensive cruising experience. Also, what sort of focus group studies, if any, were done and what was the experience of those involved.

I think they travel in suites... and everythng runs great when they are on board... they ate in their bubble.

.  Early reports were that stuff including the Coral thing did "fly"  off the shelves and were replaced.  That was early on..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kwokpot said:

While I agree closed cabinets are the best for bathroom storage you do realize that Celebrity is NOT the only Cruiseline that has open bathroom shelving in their rooms? I would venture to say the MAJORITY of cruiseship bathrooms have open shelves vs cabinets for storage. 

Edited by Ma Bell

Okay...how about some photos, as the “shelving” topic, IMHO, needs no further discourse. 😜  

OP, I hope you are thoroughly enjoying your cruise.  Thank you so much for posting, and please come back...hopefully you still have some precious free minutes left...

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, dleone74 said:

Thanks for posting information about the revitalized Millennium.  One question for you:  Does the ship offer cabanas for rent by the pool or on the Retreat Sun Deck?

Thanks,

Dave

There are no cabanas by the pool. On the Retreat deck, which is for suite guests there are clam shells. 

20 hours ago, Tottwo said:

Anxiously waiting to hear about the interior dimensions of the safe. :classic_smile:

We bring two iPads and other things that get put in there and hope the safe can accommodate them.

Thanks

I pads will not fit in the safe. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Okay...how about some photos, as the “shelving” topic, IMHO, needs no further discourse. 😜  

OP, I hope you are thoroughly enjoying your cruise.  Thank you so much for posting, and please come back...hopefully you still have some precious free minutes left...

Tomorrow is my last Sea day.  The we have a couple of days in Hong Kong before going home.  I will definitely come back with pictures. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Merly said:

I don’t know what Spotlight is.  The daily planner is still printed. 

I believe it is the printed bios..used to be included in the daily early on.

We missed having  it..but dh  eventually discovered it on the TV ..DEFINITELY not the same.  We enjoy reading it and save that part of the daily after the cruise.

Bad idea not to print it ...hope they reconsider. 

Maybe start a thread  for this topic ...sep from  this thread..

Edited by hcat

3 minutes ago, hcat said:

I believe it is the printed bios..used to be included in the daily early on.

We missed having  it..but dh  eventually discovered it on the TV ..DEFINITELY not the same.  We enjoy reading it and save that part of the daily after the cruise.

Bad idea not to print it ...hope they reconsider.

good idea not to print it If you're trying to decrease environmental damage.  And keep information up-to-the-minute accurate.  

Prediction:  When (if) they have their app working properly, they will stop printing the daily schedules on paper.  At first they will offer them on request at the passenger relations desk.  But eventually that will be discontinued.  

10 hours ago, Lastdance said:

My sentiments exactly.  Another vote of gratitude to the OP.

My question still remains unanswered:  What are the Windows in the OV cabins - big round ones or the original rectangular shape?

23 hours ago, Arno. said:

I have heard on another source that the "Spotlight" is no longer printed but is available on the TV.

Last week on the Equinox, it was not included in the daily that was delivered to the cabins. I discovered there were copies at guest services when I went to pick up a daily because I’d left mine in the cabin.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jkgourmet said:

My sentiments exactly.  Another vote of gratitude to the OP.

My question still remains unanswered:  What are the Windows in the OV cabins - big round ones or the original rectangular shape?

I'm booked in one of the cabins on Deck 3 with the unusually large windows. My TA checked with Celebrity to find out if they would be changed during drydock. The answer was no. No changes to the existing windows. I would expect it to be the same on Millennium. 

12 minutes ago, 39august said:

I must have missed something on my 3 X cruises. What is the "Spotlight" please? I only recall the daily planner, It seemed all I needed to know. 

Here's an example:

image.thumb.png.a55ac7f57b5e0b0fc75285132c58c2b7.png

Edited by vtcruising

On 2/13/2019 at 9:29 AM, Tottwo said:

Anxiously waiting to hear about the interior dimensions of the safe. :classic_smile:

We bring two iPads and other things that get put in there and hope the safe can accommodate them.

Thanks

I have always taken my laptop for work, expensive camera and never worried about a safe. 63 Cruises and nothing ever missing. We do use the safe for our passport, cash and my wife's jewelry. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, southernbreezes said:

I have always taken my laptop for work, expensive camera and never worried about a safe. 63 Cruises and nothing ever missing. We do use the safe for our passport, cash and my wife's jewelry. 

Anything expensive too large to fit in the safe, like a laptop, I usually put in my luggage, which I lock and store under the bed. 

• Like 1

@Merly Thank you for your posts.

We appreciate hearing about the changes.

Is it true that many public spaces still have the old colors/old furniture vs the cabins in the newer color scheme?

Merly Reply-- "Correct"

IMHO

THIS is a bummer. To partially redo ships with changes to staterooms and to leave the public spaces with older colors... WTH

That is not upscale/chic nor sophisticated. 

YUCK

Edited by Fogfog