Aqua spa cafe food ...what items upcharged?

Newbie2006

My family are quite fond of aqua spa cafe, and I was just wondering what food I can get there (as a normal stateroom guest)... I know the smoothies are an upcharge, but my family says the food is included for all guests.

Will it likely be open on embarkation day, before leaving port?

Aqua Spa Cafe is available to all guests, regardless of cabin category.  The food is complimentary and it is open on embarkation day.  Our favourite place to grab lunch the first day because very few people go there, until they find out that it is not for Aqua class cabins only.  Great views and no children allowed.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Newbie2006 said:

My family are quite fond of aqua spa cafe, and I was just wondering what food I can get there (as a normal stateroom guest)... I know the smoothies are an upcharge, but my family says the food is included for all guests.

Will it likely be open on embarkation day, before leaving port?

if you upgrade to the Premium Beverage package, the smoothies are free. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Aqua Spa Cafe is available to all guests, regardless of cabin category.  The food is complimentary and it is open on embarkation day.  Our favourite place to grab lunch the first day because very few people go there, until they find out that it is not for Aqua class cabins only.  Great views and no children allowed.

only some of the food is free . Basically if it is plated and within reach it is free. There are a couple of things they get for you as well. You need to check the menu each day as it is on a rotation. Free things show no prices. Others have a price listed

4 minutes ago, cruiserchuck said:

I recall reading about a year ago that hot items such as salmon are no longer available at the Spa cafe.  Is this still true?

Appears true.  This was posted in September

Aqua_Spa_Lunch.thumb.jpg.91cf235eecf0eedcb28d8a5862dff6f3.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cruiserchuck said:

I recall reading about a year ago that hot items such as salmon are no longer available at the Spa cafe.  Is this still true?

I mentioned on another thread that the made to order hot lunch items;simply grilled salmon or chicken breast, is no longer on the menu. They used to also add in Thai pork(or was it beef?) lettuce wrap that was good too. I really, really miss those made to order lunch entrees and on The Edge the Eden Cafe is now my go to for breakfast or lunch if I don't want buffet food.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I mentioned on another thread that the made to order hot lunch items;simply grilled salmon or chicken breast, is no longer on the menu. They used to also add in Thai pork(or was it beef?) lettuce wrap that was good too. I really, really miss those made to order lunch entrees and on The Edge the Eden Cafe is now my go to for breakfast or lunch if I don't want buffet food.

Exactly. This is quite a disappointment... We liked getting a nice piece of fish and add the small plates etc.

Also noticed that they went to small plates instead of bowls/platters of salad items as before.

54 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

great views and no children allowed ???   

on M class ships the aqua spa cafe is in the rear of the solarium.  on S class it is in the back corner of the pool deck.   There is no restriction banning children from the cafe.

3 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

on M class ships the aqua spa cafe is in the rear of the solarium.  on S class it is in the back corner of the pool deck.   There is no restriction banning children from the cafe.

While that may be true I don't EVER remember seeing children in the spa Cafe on either M-class or S-Class Ships.

• Like 1

Just now, kwokpot said:

While that may be true I don't EVER remember seeing children in the spa Cafe on either M-class or S-Class Ships.

Probably because most children are not interested in the relatively healthy food they serve there.  On both Reflection and Equinox I saw children going there to get a smoothie.  They do not seem to linger near the cafe, but they do partake in the food there.    On M class ships children sighting is a rarer occurrence as the cafe is located within the Solarium, but they are not restricted from the cafe.

• Like 1

On EDGE it was mostly very healthy(?) nuts and berries, dense breads.  For us only useful for a cup of tea.. We miss the salmon and other made to order lunches..long gone 

EDEN cafe is the new " go to" place !

36 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

They use to have Greek Yogurt.    Has this disappeared?   I don't see it on the new menu posted.

That is the lunch menu . The yogurt is breakfast only and I get  it everyday . With berries , chia seeds, a dab of honey and whatever else is there

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

2 hours ago, stevea36 said:

Although children can get food and smoothies from the cafe, they cannot use the lounges or the hot tub or any of the facilities in the solarium, which is directly adjacent to the Aqua Spa Cafe.  There is a sign on the door indicating this.  We get our food at the cafe and sit in a lounge chair and the views are lovely! 

9 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Although children can get food and smoothies from the cafe, they cannot use the lounges or the hot tub or any of the facilities in the solarium, which is directly adjacent to the Aqua Spa Cafe.  There is a sign on the door indicating this.  We get our food at the cafe and sit in a lounge chair and the views are lovely! 

As noted, the Spa cafe on the S-Class ships is on the Port side right off the forward elevators so it's less of an 'issue' for kids to go get a smoothie and not seem they're in a place they're not supposed to be. I wish there's more seating since I find on port days during lunch time it's impossible to find a table. 

1 hour ago, gold1953 said:

That is the lunch menu . The yogurt is breakfast only and I get  it everyday . With berries , chia seeds, a dab of honey and whatever else is there

I also love the breakfast muffins they make -zucchini, chocolate chip, and one other one I've forgotten. As I noted in another thread the Apple Cider Oatmeal is tasty BUT Inconsistently prepared and often is way too tart to enjoy.  

At lunch at also enjoy the poached fruits they put out.  

7 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I also love the breakfast muffins they make -zucchini, chocolate chip, and one other one I've forgotten. As I noted in another thread the Apple Cider Oatmeal is tasty BUT Inconsistently prepared and often is way too tart to enjoy.  

At lunch at also enjoy the poached fruits they put out.  

The muffins which I loved seem to be a thing of the past, but I love the new breakfast bars! Don't like the oatmeal at all even though I eat oatmeal at home

1 minute ago, gold1953 said:

The muffins which I loved seem to be a thing of the past, but I love the new breakfast bars! Don't like the oatmeal at all even though I eat oatmeal at home

Oh no, no muffins!:-(:classic_sad:

Edited by kwokpot

In October 2018 the Aqua Spa Cafe on the Silhouette had some lovely fruit and nut bars for breakfast. About four different versions. I did not ask the staff about their contents, but they looked better and tasted better than any of the supposedly healthy snack bars I have bought in shops. Sadly, these snack bars were removed from the Aqua Spa food counter at around 9am or 9:30am when breakfast was over.

7 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

To avoid the cabin class confusion, the official name was changed to just Spa Cafe a few years ago - even though many still call it the Aqua Spa Cafe as shown by many of the comments in this thread.

7 hours ago, gold1953 said:

only some of the food is free . Basically if it is plated and within reach it is free. There are a couple of things they get for you as well. You need to check the menu each day as it is on a rotation. Free things show no prices. Others have a price listed

I believe all of the food is complementary - just some of the beverages are extra.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

To avoid the cabin class confusion, the official name was changed to just Spa Cafe a few years ago - even though many still call it the Aqua Spa Cafe as shown by many of the comments in this thread.

We were on Summit this summer and everyone was still calling it Aqua Spa Cafe.  Sometimes a name just sticks no matter what you change it to.  We were in an Aqua class cabin and our steward kept calling Blu, the Aqua Cafe! LOL!  We knew what he meant, but some folks could get quite confused!