Cruise Critic Community
Burlingtontownie

RCCL and Chick Fil A

Dear Food Friends:

I have heard a rumor that RCCL has reached an agreement with Chick-Fil-A to open an on-board store/restaurant next year, ( 2020), on the "Symphony of the Seas," or a similar mega-cruise ship in the Royal Caribbean fleet.  

If true:

This store has a policy of being "closed" every Sunday.  

Chick-Fil-A has a formal company policy for interviewing and hiring its employees.  Will this be maintainted? 

Will Chick-Fil-A's dining be part of RCCL's  dining packages, or separate?   Will prices be the same as on the mainland?

With "Johnny Rockets," on the Oasis class ships, their breakfast is free for certain hours on-board, so will Chick-Fil-A do the same and charge only for lunch and dinner?   

Will Chick-Fil-A loyalty guests continue to receive points for using the Chick-Fil-A app when they order a meal, or be able to redeem CFA points when they order a meal?

Thanks,

Burlingtontownie

Boston

Prices and offerings are never the same as on land....Take Johnny Rockets....the menu is VERY limited compared to land restaurants.  And yes...the prices will be higher, if it's priced "a la carte".....which most lines seem to be moving to.  Used to be you could get Johnny Rockets for $3.95...all you could eat, milkshakes extra.   I believe the pricing is almost $10 pp now.  There are no bargains on cruise ships anymore.

I don't have answers to your questions, but I would love to have Chik Fil A anyway as opposed to Johnny Rockets.   I'd be happy to have them on all Royal Caribbean ships starting this June, lol.

well if they wont open for the super bowl in the stadium, I doubt they would be open on the ship. I would welcome this though. Better than JR.