RCCL and Chick Fil A

Burlingtontownie

Dear Food Friends:

I have heard a rumor that RCCL has reached an agreement with Chick-Fil-A to open an on-board store/restaurant next year, ( 2020), on the "Symphony of the Seas," or a similar mega-cruise ship in the Royal Caribbean fleet.  

If true:

This store has a policy of being "closed" every Sunday.  

Chick-Fil-A has a formal company policy for interviewing and hiring its employees.  Will this be maintainted? 

Will Chick-Fil-A's dining be part of RCCL's  dining packages, or separate?   Will prices be the same as on the mainland?

With "Johnny Rockets," on the Oasis class ships, their breakfast is free for certain hours on-board, so will Chick-Fil-A do the same and charge only for lunch and dinner?   

Will Chick-Fil-A loyalty guests continue to receive points for using the Chick-Fil-A app when they order a meal, or be able to redeem CFA points when they order a meal?

Thanks,

Burlingtontownie

Boston

• 2 weeks later...

Prices and offerings are never the same as on land....Take Johnny Rockets....the menu is VERY limited compared to land restaurants.  And yes...the prices will be higher, if it's priced "a la carte".....which most lines seem to be moving to.  Used to be you could get Johnny Rockets for $3.95...all you could eat, milkshakes extra.   I believe the pricing is almost $10 pp now.  There are no bargains on cruise ships anymore.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, clo said:

I boycott CFA due to their support of anti-LGBTQ organizations so that would sure be a deal breaker for me.

I know how you feel, as I boycott most  movies and actors coming out of Hollywood and entertainers with extreme liberal opinions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bananawindnj said:

I know how you feel, as I boycott most  movies and actors coming out of Hollywood and entertainers with extreme liberal opinions.

I totally agree with you.  Put your money where your mouth is.  And I do.

• Like 3

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:20 AM, Burlingtontownie said:

Dear Food Friends:

I have heard a rumor that RCCL has reached an agreement with Chick-Fil-A to open an on-board store/restaurant next year, ( 2020), on the "Symphony of the Seas," or a similar mega-cruise ship in the Royal Caribbean fleet.  

do you have a source for your rumor?  Nothing on any news feed from either company nor on the web.

I think it is doubtful and just a rumor.

CFA is an excellent organization with exceptional customer service

They aren't going to delete their brand to be on a mass market cruise ship

On 6/12/2019 at 4:51 PM, clo said:

I boycott CFA due to their support of anti-LGBTQ organizations so that would sure be a deal breaker for me.

CFA serves EVERYONE and does not discriminate. 

FYI after the shooing at the gay club in Orlando--CFA was there serving first responders. CFA has also opened in airports when extenuating circumstance meant many were stranded. 

Too bad that the LGBT community isn't as tolerant of those who practice their faith.... 

Do you feel the same way about muslim-hala restaurants and their owners? 

Don't plan on traveling/visiting any muslin nations

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

FYI after the shooing at the gay club in Orlando--CFA was there serving first responders. CFA has also opened in airports when extenuating circumstance meant many were stranded. 

Too bad that the LGBT community isn't as tolerant of those who practice their faith.... 

Sorry.  I deliberately kept my reply brief.  It's not a matter of who they serve.  It's that they give money to known anti-LGBTQ organizations.  And it's totally fine that they do.  As it's totally fine that I boycott them.

https://nonprofitquarterly.org/chick-fil-a-returns-to-funding-anti-lgbtq-groups-after-vowing-to-stop/

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

You make valid points but the fact that they serve everyone is complicated.  A franchise owner, not corporate, opened on Sunday was serving the first responders in Orlando.  Had this happened in a more red state, would a chick fil a have opened?  Who knows.  To this day chick fil a still donates to groups that most consider anti-LGBT and actively promotes that it’s owner engage with their local communities including churchs.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

You make valid points but the fact that they serve everyone is complicated.  A franchise owner, not corporate, opened on Sunday was serving the first responders in Orlando.  Had this happened in a more red state, would a chick fil a have opened?  Who knows.  To this day chick fil a still donates to groups that most consider anti-LGBT and actively promotes that it’s owner engage with their local communities including churchs.

Boycotting CFA is low hanging fruit/smoke mirrors.
Christian, Jewish and Muslim(Islam) texts and teachings all consider the LGBT to not be in God's plan. Only the Christians are being nailed with this issue....and in this case CFA--- or even a sole proprietor baker
Truly IF it was about "rights" and not persecution of Christians--then --we would see boycotting all muslim owned businesses--as Islam teaches it to be a sin/perversion 
--we'd see people DEMANDING that hala owned businesses cater/serve pork at a gay wedding for example
--we would see boycotting of muslim nations/no vacationing by westerners etc YET Hollyweirds and many 1%ers flock to those exotic locals. 

BUT instead we see persecution of Christians--whether its CFA or a baker.... and there are plenty of places to order a cake or get chicken. This isn't about rights--its about forcing someone to do something against their Faith. 

We have people who tell their kids not to say the Pledge of Allegiance in school because of their faith (Jehovah Witness) We can't and don't force them, do we? No.

This SJW mentality re CFA is not any better than the pussyhat marchers who complain about "oppression" while wearing "fast fashion" and carrying their cell phones (clothes made in sweat shops--with women working in deplorable conditions and phones assembled in nations that regulate sex of babies--favoring males. and overwhelming abortion of female babies for example)
Those same women are not screaming about the little girls being mutilated by "doctors" and mothers with "female circumcision" which destroys the woman's body/ability to enjoy intimacy. Thats Real oppression. Where is the boycott of states with that. Have we heard Hollyweird boycott Michigan? 

FL is a red state much of the time. Miami area is very Blue. 

Anyway--- back to the point

I don't see CFA diluting their brand to be on a mass market cruise line.
CFA food is great and if given the choice over the typical fast food outlets along our travels..we always choose CFA for food/service.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fogfog said:

Boycotting CFA is low hanging fruit/smoke mirrors.
Christian, Jewish and Muslim(Islam) texts and teachings all consider the LGBT to not be in God's plan. Only the Christians are being nailed with this issue....and in this case CFA--- or even a sole proprietor baker
Truly IF it was about "rights" and not persecution of Christians--then --we would see boycotting all muslim owned businesses--as Islam teaches it to be a sin/perversion 
--we'd see people DEMANDING that hala owned businesses cater/serve pork at a gay wedding for example
--we would see boycotting of muslim nations/no vacationing by westerners etc YET Hollyweirds and many 1%ers flock to those exotic locals. 

BUT instead we see persecution of Christians--whether its CFA or a baker.... and there are plenty of places to order a cake or get chicken. This isn't about rights--its about forcing someone to do something against their Faith. 

We have people who tell their kids not to say the Pledge of Allegiance in school because of their faith (Jehovah Witness) We can't and don't force them, do we? No.

This SJW mentality re CFA is not any better than the pussyhat marchers who complain about "oppression" while wearing "fast fashion" and carrying their cell phones (clothes made in sweat shops--with women working in deplorable conditions and phones assembled in nations that regulate sex of babies--favoring males. and overwhelming abortion of female babies for example)
Those same women are not screaming about the little girls being mutilated by "doctors" and mothers with "female circumcision" which destroys the woman's body/ability to enjoy intimacy. Thats Real oppression. Where is the boycott of states with that. Have we heard Hollyweird boycott Michigan? 

FL is a red state much of the time. Miami area is very Blue. 

Anyway--- back to the point

I don't see CFA diluting their brand to be on a mass market cruise line.
CFA food is great and if given the choice over the typical fast food outlets along our travels..we always choose CFA for food/service.

When traveling  I can't remember ever going for fast food.
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 2/19/2019 at 7:20 AM, Burlingtontownie said:

We can only hope that the rumor is wrong.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Have not heard the rumor, but interesting that this week Chick-Fil-A chartered 2 cruise ships:  Symphony and Oasis.
If they did open a restaurant, ship could sail on Sundays, with the restaurant not open until the other days (since embarkation is crazy, not every food location is open, and disembarkation day is in the morning).

Marc Walker, Cruise Director, posted on his Facebook page photos of both of the ships docked at Coco-Cay.. In the posting he said:  "...This is Symphony and Oasis today both docked at CocoCay. (Chick-fil-A charter)." 
He is on Facebook as:  Marc Walker Cruise Director

• 2 weeks later...

CFA is not that good.  So I won't miss them.  I have no God and don't whine about gays or liberals.  Screw who you want worship at cfa for all I care, hell enjoy trumps next Klan rally do you.  Just give me something better then a piece of fried chicken and a bun.  

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 1:51 PM, clo said:

I've recently read that they're no longer donating to those organizations! I look forward to a CFA.

On 6/17/2019 at 11:42 AM, NutsAboutGolf said:

I don't want to start a fight, everyone has the right (in this country) to believe what they want to believe.  But everyone should have correct information.  Granted, these days that is not so easy.

From Business Insider:

It's a tradition that has been in place since the company's foundational years. The company attributes the rule to Truett Cathy on its website: "Having worked seven days a week in restaurants open 24 hours, Truett saw the importance of closing on Sundays so that he and his employees could set aside one day to rest and worship if they choose — a practice we uphold today."

When the world's busiest airport closed for hours without power on Sunday, stranding thousands of passengers, Chick-fil-A employees made thousands of sandwiches for people stuck in Atlanta.

In 2015, Chick-fil-A locations in Texas prepared free food for responders and others impacted by tornadoes that ripped through the state, killing 11 people. 

In 2016, following the Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando, Florida, local Chick-fil-A locations broke tradition to open on a Sunday. Employees worked to prepare food for first responders and people donating blood following the shooting at the gay nightclub, which killed 49 people. 

42 minutes ago, KennyFla said:

I don't want to start a fight, everyone has the right (in this country) to believe what they want to believe.  But everyone should have correct information.  Granted, these days that is not so easy.

From Business Insider:

It's a tradition that has been in place since the company's foundational years. The company attributes the rule to Truett Cathy on its website: "Having worked seven days a week in restaurants open 24 hours, Truett saw the importance of closing on Sundays so that he and his employees could set aside one day to rest and worship if they choose — a practice we uphold today."

When the world's busiest airport closed for hours without power on Sunday, stranding thousands of passengers, Chick-fil-A employees made thousands of sandwiches for people stuck in Atlanta.

In 2015, Chick-fil-A locations in Texas prepared free food for responders and others impacted by tornadoes that ripped through the state, killing 11 people. 

In 2016, following the Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando, Florida, local Chick-fil-A locations broke tradition to open on a Sunday. Employees worked to prepare food for first responders and people donating blood following the shooting at the gay nightclub, which killed 49 people. 

You’re simply missing the point that individual locations authorized by the franchise owner, not ordered by corporate, opened on Sunday a handful, always in an emergency situation.  One opened in Jan 2019 to fulfill a dying boys wish.  This doesn’t translate to “chick fil a is willing to be open on Sunday!”  That would be corporates call and perhaps they will be due do international waters.  Also, from my previous post, there is now new information that back in nov they stopped donating to the Christian groups who were anti-LGBT

16 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

You’re simply missing the point that individual locations authorized by the franchise owner, not ordered by corporate, opened on Sunday a handful, always in an emergency situation.  One opened in Jan 2019 to fulfill a dying boys wish.  This doesn’t translate to “chick fil a is willing to be open on Sunday!”  That would be corporates call and perhaps they will be due do international waters.  Also, from my previous post, there is now new information that back in nov they stopped donating to the Christian groups who were anti-LGBT

From the article that was referenced earlier in this thread, in 2017 CFA had $1.8million in "questionable donations".  Of these, $1.6 mill went to Fellowship of Christian Athletes (probably because a lot of their workers are teenagers) and $150,000 to the Salvation Army.

I've never worked there, but I don't get the impression they are actively anti LGBTQ

• Like 1