I wish Celebrity/RCL would have one Captains club program!!!!!

cruiseerf

We are large cruisers and lately are getting bored with the ports Celebrity visits.  For us who cruise for 3-4 weeks at a time,  a few times per year there is just not much we have not seen.  That said, Azamarra, RCL and now Silversea are all part of the same company with lots of new ports!  Yet our Captains Club benefits translate little or not at all across the range of lines?  This is confusing as well as discouraging towards booking the sister lines.  

While I know each line attracts different types of customers, there must be a way to unify the programs in order to encourage crossover bookings?  We actually are building up points on Crystal and Princess now because we receive so few benefits from Celebrity's sister lines that there is little to incentivize us to stay loyal.  Thoughts?  

Safe sails to all! 

Not sure what you mean...If you have status on Celebrity, it will translate into the equivalent status on Royal and Azamara. The benefits will be different, but still worth having. Some people even like the benefits better on Royal Caribbean (longer Happy Hours in the evening, dedicated lounge for breakfast and evening spread, etc.) Azamara has fewer benefits, but they already include beverages all day in all venues, so no need for an Elite breakfast or free Happy Hour. Azamara even uses the same loyalty number (your Captain's Club number is also your Le Club Voyage number) and you can combine points.

We did our first Royal Caribbean cruise last year since it was the best deal we could find and we were accepted as Diamond members.  We found Royal's happy hour to be great.  It was so good that we didn't spend anything on alcohol for the entire cruise.  Also, comparing loyalty benefits of Royal, Celebrity, NCL and Princess, we found that Royal beats them all, with Celebrity coming in second.

Yes, it would be easier to get to Elite Plus and Diamond Plus if the programs were combined, but the benefits at the plus level are only modestly better.

• Like 1

Yes, it would be great if they would carry over and continue points from line to line, but at least they let you book with what you have .IE: I'm Emerald on Royal, converted to Select on X, but my points on X are 0. I did receive a one catagory upgrade on my booking, but that's all. It would be great to be able to accumulate points concurrently. I hope I made myself clear. At least they do something. On Carnival, each line is by itself, and they give you no credit if you sail on another of their lines.

• Like 1

The relative sizes of Royal and Celebrity would make this a detriment to Celebrity, suite class passengers, in relation to pressure on Michael’s Club/Retreat.  There are some who see the Zeniths as a problem, yet there are still less than 300 Zeniths by current estimates.  The number of Pinnacles is much much higher.  If they began migrating to Celebrity that would only get worse.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

The relative sizes of Royal and Celebrity would make this a detriment to Celebrity, suite class passengers, in relation to pressure on Michael’s Club/Retreat.  There are some who see the Zeniths as a problem, yet there are still less than 300 Zeniths by current estimates.  The number of Pinnacles is much much higher.  If they began migrating to Celebrity that would only get worse.

Ditto!  

7 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

My thoughts exactly, K!

29 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Agree.  We will never reach Zenith but do sail in Suites.  Looking forward to the newly added Retreat and redesigned Retreat Lounge on our next 3 sailings.

There's enough reciprocity for us in the event we want to re visit Royal C now and then

The Crossover rules at Diamond and Elite have  already jammed Celebrity beyond comfort for Cap Club perks and events .  

Edited by hcat

I think it would dilute the loyalty base for both lines, but even more so on Celebrity. Especially with customers moving back and forth between Royal and Celebrity, X would feel the crush. I, however, do think they are moving towards differentiating the two lines enough (see the Navigator of the Seas refurb) where there will eventually be a more distinct passenger base between Royal and Celebrity. Royal has pretty much turned us off from considering them at this point.

• Like 1

When we sailed on Azamara and converted our RCI status, we got a few nice perks like a free bag of laundry and an internet discount, and a discount when we booked our next cruise on board.  We are only platinum on RCI, but we got way more on Azamara from our reciprocal benefits than we ever did on RCI.  We have our first X sailing in June and I haven't checked yet to see what Select benefits are, but I'm not expecting much.

I understand the frustration with the points accrual, though.  We will probably never be able to reach the next level on Azamara or X because our points started at zero.  It would be less expensive to bump up our level on RCI and then receive reciprocal benefits.

Edited by hiccups

14 minutes ago, hiccups said:

We will probably never be able to reach the next level on Azamara or X because our points started at zero.  It would be less expensive to bump up our level on RCI and then receive reciprocal benefits.

BTW, Celebrity and Azamara do combine.

53 minutes ago, Texed said:

BTW, Celebrity and Azamara do combine.

Oh, yes, I know that.  I just meant that our point totals are so low that it would be extremely hard to reach the next level on either line.  But I suppose that just makes us equal to everyone else starting from scratch--we are lucky enough to benefit from our C&A status, and I appreciate that.

7 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I think it would dilute the loyalty base for both lines, but even more so on Celebrity. Especially with customers moving back and forth between Royal and Celebrity, X would feel the crush. I, however, do think they are moving towards differentiating the two lines enough (see the Navigator of the Seas refurb) where there will eventually be a more distinct passenger base between Royal and Celebrity. Royal has pretty much turned us off from considering them at this point.

We see very little that appeals right now on Royal C, but the Royal cruisers  seem to be flocking over to EDGE.  They will probably go to  M and  S Class after the refurbs  to check them out as well .   Plus there's the draw of the Alc package perk.

We  notice an  increase of  Royal style, features  and policies on X;   and feel the lines have  actually  become more  similar with LLP heading up X.  She's a product of  Royal C ..so no surprise!

15 hours ago, cruiseerf said:

We are large cruisers and lately are getting bored with the ports Celebrity visits.  For us who cruise for 3-4 weeks at a time,  a few times per year there is just not much we have not seen.  That said, Azamarra, RCL and now Silversea are all part of the same company with lots of new ports!  Yet our Captains Club benefits translate little or not at all across the range of lines?  This is confusing as well as discouraging towards booking the sister lines.  

While I know each line attracts different types of customers, there must be a way to unify the programs in order to encourage crossover bookings?  We actually are building up points on Crystal and Princess now because we receive so few benefits from Celebrity's sister lines that there is little to incentivize us to stay loyal.  Thoughts?  

Safe sails to all! 

Does Princess points convert to Cunard, Carnival, Costa etc, and vice versa?  They are all sister lines.

13 hours ago, CAicruiser said:

What poster really mean is E+ converts to Diamond + and Zeniths convert to Pinnacles and vise versa.

Not sure that's what they mean. They wrote: "Yet our Captains Club benefits translate little or not at all across the range of lines?"

Can't say free drinks, free internet is not translated.

• Thanks 1