'Getting the most out of your cruise fare'

Velvetwater

33 minutes ago, A2Mich said:

As much as I enjoy eating lobster, I would never eat more than 2 tails, myself.  But, 6 tails plus a steak? 🤮

I know, I couldn't believe it myself. I think  my stomach would burst if I ate that much!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Some people have enormous capacity and they do not have to be large to start off with.

And I believe is the origin of the saying “having a hollow leg.”  I’ve seen some super skinny people just pack the food in!

7 minutes ago, A2Mich said:

And I believe is the origin of the saying “having a hollow leg.”  I’ve seen some super skinny people just pack the food in!

Exactly, I was able to eat fantastic loads of food when I was young (15-25), so much so some people called me a Greyhound. Now I eat maybe 1/4 of that and am more like a Labrador.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Exactly, I was able to eat fantastic loads of food when I was young (15-25), so much so some people called me a Greyhound. Now I eat maybe 1/4 of that and am more like a Labrador.

LOL that sounds like me 😁

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Well this conversation is getting interesting.

It seems like CC has chronic issue with someone making a post that is worded in a way that is open to interpretation, followed by someone assuming that said post is intended in the most hostile possible way.  It happens so much, I've run out of popcorn.

5 hours ago, electro said:

Maybe you should look at your comments.

This is funny.  I understand what you are saying but the comment in question is actually saying:  Being overweight, smoking, and excessive drinking are not healthy.  It is not saying that all overweight people smoke and drink to excess.    

Edited by ldubs
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

These days I'm more like an old yellow dog. :classic_biggrin:

3 hours ago, A2Mich said:

Except I always thought "hollow leg" refers to drinking large amounts, not eating. Maybe  folks who can pack it away are more like "bottomless pits". :classic_biggrin:    Works either way I guess.  

On 3/29/2019 at 8:28 AM, Schoifmom said:

And all of us have seen persons of the fit and thin size putting massive quantities of food on plates.  Let's talk about that for a minute.  Is the objection the massive amounts of food about to be consumed by ANYONE along with the potential waste of the food left on the plates, or is it about the size of the person with that plate?  Harsh?  

BTW, a person of size can be absolutely healthy and simply larger, or a person of size can be of that size due to a medical condition.  Making judgments based on appearances is never the best way to go.

I agree with you.  The thing is there are a lot of people of size who are that way because they eat too much and don't get sufficient exercise.   Far more, I would venture, than those that might have medical conditions.  PC or not, I do not have to condone someone's poor lifestyle choices.

17 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Except I always thought "hollow leg" refers to drinking large amounts, not eating. Maybe  folks who can pack it away are more like "bottomless pits". :classic_biggrin:    Works either way I guess.  

Hey there LDubs...my mother in law used to use that saying all the time for ANY excessive consumption 😁

I never would have thought of food as "the" way to make your cruise or at least not in the way of seeing the more food I could consume as being emblematic of getting the worth out of my fare. I think I could eat pretty fine for less than a cruise costs. My idea of getting the worth out of the fare on my first cruise was more along the lines of trying to squeeze in as many activities as possible. Not at all sad I did that my first cruise because it let me sample many different things and ultimately discover the things I enjoy about cruising. Wow was it exhausting, though. 

11 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am not going to debate with someone living in my favorite place on the planet.

Actually, I don't live there now, about 2 hours away in Kingston, Ontario.

On 3/29/2019 at 8:21 PM, lenquixote66 said:

People who are obese, love to drink alcohol and smoke non stop .All 3 can lead to serious illness.More of these people seem to cruise than ever.

18 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

That is not what I said,look at my commas. I said that there are people who cruise who are compulsive eaters,drinkers  AND OR smokers.

Not the same. But we understand if you made a mistake in your first post.

For me, getting the most out of my cruise has nothing to do with how much I eat or drink. If I get to Day 3 and am so relaxed that I have to look at the Fun Times to even know what day it is, then I'm getting my money's worth! 😁

• Like 1

On 3/30/2019 at 11:59 PM, ldubs said:

My grandmother used to tell me I ate so much that it made me "poor to tote it"

We are taking our first ten day cruise next January and I am so looking forward to day six and not having to pack and get depressed. Yea I know it is still going to happen, but TEN days just seems so decadent.

2 hours ago, jwcruise1 said:

My grandmother used to tell me I ate so much that it made me "poor to tote it"

I've never heard that one before.  From your location, I'm going to conclude a southern expression.

I learned something new.   

On 3/31/2019 at 8:41 AM, OVgirl said:

Not the same. But we understand if you made a mistake in your first post.

Huh, I would have said it differently but read it as saying what Lenquixote says was intended.  I guess I'm not part of your "we".  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ldubs said:

I've never heard that one before.  From your location, I'm going to conclude a southern expression.

I learned something new.   

Yes, old southern. She was the only one I ever heard say it so it may have just been hers.

Of course until I was about 30 I was 6'3" (still am) but weighed around 160 lbs and ate like it was my last meal.