Coffee Card on Celebrity ?

onyourmark

When we boarded the Eclipse TA last November we asked about a Coffee Card when someone was selling beverage packages. He said NO - get the non-alcoholic package. Even at the Al Baccio Cafe they said they don't offer it.  After the cruise our friends told us that YES - they bought one, and when it was finished, they bought another one.  We are on the Millennium TP in September and wonder if it will be available for purchase.

We don't drink sodas, and enjoy the specialty coffee at Elite breakfast event.  We'd use the Coffee Card for afternoon and evening.

I think Celebrity at one time experimented with a coffee card, but was rather brief (and possibly just on a single ship). If you are having a few covered drinks per/day, the non alcoholic beverage package may save you a few $$$; if just having a couple covered drinks per/day you are better off buying your coffees a la carte. You can purchase the package on the ship, so not something you have to decide in advance.

• Thanks 1

I wish Celebrity offered a coffee card, but unfortunately they do not.  We have purchased coffee cards on Princess and if you don't use up all your punches you can use what's left on another cruise.  Love it!

• Like 3

I am posting from the Eclipse.  We boarded on March 10th and are on the second leg of a B2B2B.  The Celebrity Today actually has had ads on both the first and now current leg advertising a coffee card!  I don't save the Celebrity Today's but the next time I see an ad I will try to remember to post the details on this thread.  Since we have a premium beverage package I didn't pay much attention.  Also have no idea if this is an experimental offering as they "test the water."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We bought a coffee card on our Eclipse TA last year.  There was a waiter at a little stand at the cafe.  Was $30 for 10 coffees and could share.  Shortly after we sat down he closed up.  I did hear on another cruise a wait person mention it to a customer at a table.

1 hour ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Celebrity seems to offer it only on repositionings

The March 10th Eclipse cruise was not a re-positioning cruise.

We are approaching the end of our second leg so doubt it will be advertised in the Celebrity Today again on this leg, but if the offer is made again on the third (and final) leg of our time on the Eclipse I will try to post the details.  

7 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

We have purchased coffee cards on Princess and if you don't use up all your punches you can use what's left on another cruise.  Love it!

Not any more! Princess has discontiued their coffee cards and now load the coffees onto your seapass card. At the end of the cruise, you lose all “unused” coffees. Use it or lose it. Much more profitable for Princess this way!!

• 2 weeks later...

We boarded the Eclipse on March 10th and are on the third leg of our B2B2B.  In the April 12th Celebrity Today there is a very small ad for coffee and tea cards at the bottom of page 2.  The text: "LIKE COFFEE?  Coffee and Tea Cards are available at Cafe Al Bacio.  See your friendly Al Bacio Staff for details.  Visit us on Mid Shiip, Deck 5."  This ad is so small if you blink you may miss it.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2019 at 11:06 PM, Retirement said:

Not any more! Princess has discontiued their coffee cards and now load the coffees onto your seapass card. At the end of the cruise, you lose all “unused” coffees. Use it or lose it. Much more profitable for Princess this way!!

That was because people would buy a coffee card and never use the last punch. That would allow them to get free coffee from that cafe.  Princess then changed it to free coffee for that cruise only  as they put on a date but the punch could still be used.  

i guess it is like SBC.  If you don’t use it you lose it unless it is refundable.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 3:41 PM, Lady Arwen said:

I wish Celebrity offered a coffee card, but unfortunately they do not.  We have purchased coffee cards on Princess and if you don't use up all your punches you can use what's left on another cruise.  Love it!

That is no longer true.  Princess no longer has those coffee cards but now simply adds the equivalent drinks (15) to your cruise card account.  If you do not use them all up on your cruise you lose em!  It has turned out to be a very unpopular change on Princess cruises and has also been a major topic (for over a year) here on CC.

Hank

On 5/2/2019 at 5:13 AM, Hlitner said:

That is no longer true.  Princess no longer has those coffee cards but now simply adds the equivalent drinks (15) to your cruise card account.  If you do not use them all up on your cruise you lose em!  It has turned out to be a very unpopular change on Princess cruises and has also been a major topic (for over a year) here on CC.

Hank

True, but it still appears that Princess’s coffee card is a better deal (15) than X’s at 10 drinks for $30 plus grats (as posted above). Wonder if you get the free filter coffees, teas and hot chocolate included with X’s or if they are counted in the 10?

• 2 years later...

Hello All, 

I'll be going on my first cruise in the Caribbean with Celebrity this winter, and being a big coffee drinker (espresso based), a coffee card could potential save me a ton of $$$.

Does anyone know if this celebrity coffee card is still available in their café?  I'll be going on the Apex.  Thank you!

10 minutes ago, RomyRomy said:

Hello All, 

I'll be going on my first cruise in the Caribbean with Celebrity this winter, and being a big coffee drinker (espresso based), a coffee card could potential save me a ton of $$$.

Does anyone know if this celebrity coffee card is still available in their café?  I'll be going on the Apex.  Thank you!

Are you on a drink package, if you are its all covered.  If not look at some of the other drink packages might save you a lot 

5 hours ago, bikerunner said:

Are you on a drink package, if you are its all covered.  If not look at some of the other drink packages might save you a lot 

No we are not big drinkers of alcohol or even pop, but we do drink at least a cup of coffee a day.  Looked at the drink packages offered, we are going for 9 nights it doesn't make any sense added up.

37 minutes ago, RomyRomy said:

No we are not big drinkers of alcohol or even pop, but we do drink at least a cup of coffee a day.  Looked at the drink packages offered, we are going for 9 nights it doesn't make any sense added up.

That makes sense but it does add up quickly overall.  Do have the coffee always available free in the cafeteria.   

• Like 1