Pacific - not dead yet..Tahiti 2020

Cruise Junky

Well despite what I was told last week about the Tahiti cruises being for sale today, at least one CSR is indicating it will be next week.  A friend called Princess yesterday and was told that Tahiti and Cuba (???) cruises would be for available for booking on April 16th for Elites, consistent with the info sent previously to TAs.  My TA is ready to pounce today for her clients if the cruises appear on the booking system, if not she will grab them next week.  Never a dull moment with Princess.

25 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Well despite what I was told last week about the Tahiti cruises going on sale today, at least one CSR is indicating it will be next week.  A friend called Princess yesterday and was told that Tahiti (and Cuba ???) cruises would be for available for booking on April 16th for Elites, consistent with the info sent previously to TAs.  My TA is ready to pounce today for her clients if the cruises appear on the booking system, if not she will grab them next week.  Stay tuned - never a dull moment with Princess.

Yup.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

I just tried to look at future cruises for the Pacific.

I logged in first so the system would know I was Elite.

Nothing beyond Sept. 2020.  ☹️

Separate question.

Would anyone have any idea why this thread doesn't show up in my  "Content I have Posted In" list?

I've sent a concern to the moderators but no answer from there.

30 minutes ago, chamima said:

I just tried to look at future cruises for the Pacific.

I logged in first so the system would know I was Elite.

Nothing beyond Sept. 2020.  ☹️

Separate question.

Would anyone have any idea why this thread doesn't show up in my  "Content I have Posted In" list?

I've sent a concern to the moderators but no answer from there.

Yup, been that way all day, yesterday, day before, etc.  If you see 34 cruises available, that's the old listings.  Just those two Alaska cruises in September......

Bob

Got the email from Princess.

Followed the link and the same 34 (NOT including Tahiti !!!) cruises show up for the Pacific.

Looks like next Tuesday.

image.thumb.png.bdebc14a1ee74815b0704bbf7bfe8196.png

your elite booking window is now open

Take in sights like the Sydney Harbor and pristine Fiordland National Park on a cruise to Australia, New Zealand & the South Pacific in 2020-2021. Your exclusive window for Elite members is now open. Indulge in fresh cuisine, soak in local culture, and venture to stunning sights. And our newest ship in the region, Regal Princess®, will offer Princess MedallionClass — the easiest way to cruise. Take advantage of this exclusive booking window just for our valued Elite members!

I don’t see anything either, and it’s after 4pm PDT.  

I think the confusion stems from Princess considering French Polynesia season as different from the South Pacific season (which includes Fiji, Vanuatu and New Caledonia). 

Edited by PescadoAmarillo
  • Like 1

I just got an email from my TA.

She can't book anything (I have a feeling a lot of us use the same TA) but is on the phone with Princess.

She says the prices are there but the system won't allow her to book any cabins.

If I hear anything new I'll post.

Edited by chamima

I didn't get any elite email notification.  I'm beyond mad at Princess at the moment.  For some stupid reason the condescending, rude and obnoxious CSR told me my ability to receive email notifications was turned on last month.  I never requested it be turned off.  Apparently it takes four weeks for the email notifications to start getting resent.  SO next Tuesday I will have to rely on my T/A because I will not get the elite booking email with the elite link.  This stinks.....😡

Bob

Just now, Crown Cruiser said:

The bookings just opened at 7 EST. I had to go in though the email that was sent to see the bookings. (Australia and New Zealand, not Tahiti)

I went in through the email and nothing showed!

41 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

I just got off the phone with my T/A.  I was told it will be next week.  Another interesting thing is the 25 day itinerary isn't loaded into the system.  35 day is , but n ot the 25 day.....

Bob

I think we have the same TA.

She's really frustrated right now!

I forwarded the email to you about the sailings that opened up today.

1 hour ago, chamima said:

I just got an email from my TA.

She can't book anything (I have a feeling a lot of us use the same TA) but is on the phone with Princess.

She says the prices are there but the system won't allow her to book any cabins.

If I hear anything new I'll post.

Yep!  She's trying for many of us no doubt.  I only see the new Australia and other South Pacific itineraries when I try to go through the Elite booking link.

1 hour ago, Crown Cruiser said:

The bookings just opened at 7 EST. I had to go in though the email that was sent to see the bookings. (Australia and New Zealand, not Tahiti)

It is confusing as there are some South Pacific included in the Australia and New Zealand itineraries.

The CSR I spoke to yesterday said she was absolutely sure that the 10 night RT Papeete was not included with todays release. She said that Tahiti and Cuba will be released on 4/23 4/24, but email that my TA received said 4/16. So who knows.