Pacific - not dead yet..Tahiti 2020

Cruise Junky

4 minutes ago, chamima said:

I got in through the email link I got from Princess but couldn't get ANY of the 4 cabins we wanted if we booked the 10 and the 25 separately so I put a hold on one of the cabins for the 35.

I'd rather book it as 2 cruises for a variety of reasons but if our wonderful TA can't book it that way at least I have a cabin.

If anyone can do it she can.  We are doing the October 15th 10 day cruise but imagine the longer cruises will definitely be in demand.

1 minute ago, Woobstr112G said:

The cruises are still not showing up on the website, go figure.....🤔🤔🤔

Bob

They probably won't until later today or tomorrow morning when the general public can book them.  Princess is probably trying to avoid a lot of "I see these cruises on your website - why can't I book them" questions from folks who aren't Elite.

I can see the cruises on the website, but of course I am not elite, so there is no prices or inventory showing. 

I am actually a little disappointed in the time in each port. I was hoping that the ship would leave a little later. Still hoping to grab a ten day or two tomorrow, but who knows.

27 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

We are right above you in 8064.....

Bob

Bob

I sent you the link.

Glad you didn't need it though!😁

We're down the hall in 8054.

Edited by chamima

We're booked for the season!  The money is crazy, like Monopoly money at this point, but we can sort out the details later. My offer to DH to skip this entire cruising season to save up still stands (he is appalled at the thought!😉)  I'm glad that most have gotten exactly what they want.  We chose a midship OV on Deck 4 that I'm sure we've stayed in before.  Who's going to start the roll calls??  This is VERY exciting!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, RMMariner said:

I can see the cruises on the website, but of course I am not elite, so there is no prices or inventory showing. 

I am actually a little disappointed in the time in each port. I was hoping that the ship would leave a little later. Still hoping to grab a ten day or two tomorrow, but who knows.

Interesting.  I didn't see any when searching cruises by ship.  But when I checked by region, they did come up with prices.  If there's a date and cabin type you are interested in seeing, I'd be happy to screen shot it for you and post it here.

11 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

We're booked for the season!  The money is crazy, like Monopoly money at this point, but we can sort out the details later. My offer to DH to skip this entire cruising season to save up still stands (he is appalled at the thought!😉)  I'm glad that most have gotten exactly what they want.  We chose a midship OV on Deck 4 that I'm sure we've stayed in before.  Who's going to start the roll calls??  This is VERY exciting!

Nice!!  are you boarding in Vancouver and disembarking in Florida?

7 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Nice!!  are you boarding in Vancouver and disembarking in Florida?

That's what I've booked, but these are early days. Everything could change. If we have to forego something, I'd skip the Papeete to Fort Lauderdale, since we've done Easter Island in the past.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Interesting.  I didn't see any when searching cruises by ship.  But when I checked by region, they did come up with prices.  If there's a date and cabin type you are interested in seeing, I'd be happy to screen shot it for you and post it here.

Thank You.

We are interested in the 10 day cruises, OV on deck 3. Or an inside room. Particularly the first two cruises, but I think prices will be the same across the board.

We are still debating whether to do one cruise of ten days and some time on Huahine and/or Moorea, or two ten day cruises. 

Does anyone think these prices will drop? Or is the pent up demand so great that this is it? Also, do you think these cruises may be part of a 3 for free or sip and sail? 

14 minutes ago, RMMariner said:

Thank You.

We are interested in the 10 day cruises, OV on deck 3. Or an inside room. Particularly the first two cruises, but I think prices will be the same across the board.

We are still debating whether to do one cruise of ten days and some time on Huahine and/or Moorea, or two ten day cruises. 

Does anyone think these prices will drop? Or is the pent up demand so great that this is it? Also, do you think these cruises may be part of a 3 for free or sip and sail? 

Here's what's available for the October 15th sailing:

image.png.f2d0df01824f5ac0aed3f47eac23431f.png

And here is the October 5th sailing:

image.png.9cee0b7877b4390a7d416baceeb2e851.png

Same prices, lots of availability so far and I hope it stays that way.

There's no promotions now but I would imagine there will be come summer.  Best to grab a cabin now and then check prices later if you're interested.  You can always rebook under a new promotion if the cabin category is still available!

51 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Just started one for the 10 day segment we are doing.  Agree - it is very exciting!  

24 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

OMG!! Just got the email for Elites. Looked at the website for HNL to PPT and it's almost completely booked. No balconies, very few OVs, no indsides. Whew!

I put an OV on hold till I can talk to DH.

Put the same cabin on hold for a B2B PPT to PPT.

Well, we made it. 578 days until we sail. Good thing I called our CVP though as I still can't see an updated itinerary for the Pacific Princess on the personalizer. We booked Voyage K031A the 35 day on Nov 14.

Couple of surprises though, I might have misread an 8 for a 6 meaning the total is going to be another 4 K, ouch. Looking close at the early schedule and rate posting we received though, I think I didn't misread but they jacked the rate over the last week or so. The reason I think this is that they have two segments on this voyage and the combined rate, if you do it in two segments, is about the same total as if you book it in one voyage per their rate sheet.

However, we wanted a stern OS on deck seven, # 7114, and they said we could have that but only if we did the cruise by segments, a ten day and a 25 day. If so, then the total rate would be more than if we booked the continuous voyage. So none of this makes sense if one goes by the early rate sheet that we have, unless they decided to charge more in the interim. But they had # 6088 available which is okay since we made some friends that had that one on our last cruise and it was directly below our # 7114 we had before. 

Anyway, Julie said there is a lot of action this morning on this and a lot of cabins are already sold. Must be the TAs are getting a leg up as I still can't find any listings under the ship.

Okay, I just found "Tahiti" under regions, still not listed by ship. Found our 35 day cruise but can't find many of the others yet, must be dribbling in. I also see all the OS are sold out on the 35 day, whew just made it. Think I know now where I misread the rates. The rates listed are for the four forward full suites but are called "Penthouse Suites" not "Owners Suites", must be the 4 K additional is due to the stern locations. That probably accounts for booking by segment or entire voyage differences as well. Like dealing with a banker, read the fine print. Geez.      

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Did you snag a 10 day itinerary or one of the two longer voyages?

Bob

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Glad to hear you got the same cabin for the season.😁

The money sure IS crazy!!!

We're doing a 28 day on the Emerald this coming winter in a "premium" balcony and this cruise (we booked 35 days) is $3000 more for the least expensive balcony and $10,000 more for a mini suite! 😱

I was going to book as 10 and 25 but 1) couldn't get the cabin we wanted that way and 2) it was much less expensive (even when figuring 2 FCC credits and 2 stock credits) to book as the 35.

Even though "less expensive" is really relative when it comes to this cruise.

Edited by chamima

46 minutes ago, kennicott said:

Well, we made it. 578 days until we sail. Good thing I called our CVP though as I still can't see an updated itinerary for the Pacific Princess on the personalizer. We booked Voyage K031A the 35 day on Nov 14.

Couple of surprises though, I might have misread an 8 for a 6 meaning the total is going to be another 4 K, ouch. Looking close at the early schedule and rate posting we received though, I think I didn't misread but they jacked the rate over the last week or so. The reason I think this is that they have two segments on this voyage and the combined rate, if you do it in two segments, is about the same total as if you book it in one voyage per their rate sheet.

However, we wanted a stern OS on deck seven, # 7114, and they said we could have that but only if we did the cruise by segments, a ten day and a 25 day. If so, then the total rate would be more than if we booked the continuous voyage. So none of this makes sense if one goes by the early rate sheet that we have, unless they decided to charge more in the interim. But they had # 6088 available which is okay since we made some friends that had that one on our last cruise and it was directly below our # 7114 we had before. 

Anyway, Julie said there is a lot of action this morning on this and a lot of cabins are already sold. Must be the TAs are getting a leg up as I still can't find any listings under the ship.

Okay, I just found "Tahiti" under regions, still not listed by ship. Found our 35 day cruise but can't find many of the others yet, must be dribbling in. I also see all the OS are sold out on the 35 day, whew just made it. Think I know now where I misread the rates. The rates listed are for the four forward full suites but are called "Penthouse Suites" not "Owners Suites", must be the 4 K additional is due to the stern locations. That probably accounts for booking by segment or entire voyage differences as well. Like dealing with a banker, read the fine print. Geez.      

We will be joining you in 8064 10 days later.  I really wanted 6088 but my T/A couldn't snag it.  I'm happy though that we got an aft OS.  Certainly pricey, but this will be a retirement present to myself.  After what will be 39 years doing what I do, I will be retired towards the end of March next year.....

Bob