Pacific - not dead yet..Tahiti 2020

Cruise Junky

When Vancouver To Tahiti opened up to Elites, we jumped and got the cabin we wanted. After checking a few hours later, almost all suites and mini suites were already sold out. Amazing. We’ve never been on the Pacific Princess, but sailed her sister ship, the Ocean, to Scandinavia and Russia and loved being on a small ship. It can go places that the larger ships cannot. Because of the small size, we were able to dock next to city center in a couple of ports. Walking off and being right in the middle of everything is such a bonus. 

We booked the 35 day Tahiti to FLL. Barely made it as an elite in an OS. I wouldn't if I had stuck with the website. But had calls in for our CVP who got back to me just a minute or so before the opening 9:00 AM Pacific. Just took a couple of minutes and got one we liked, then she told us it was all sold out now. 

However, we were looking at adding my wife's sister, like we had last December, to our cabin. She hadn't made her mind up yet on Tuesday but couldn't find the fee for 3rd or 4th guests after that. I figured that was due to the OS being sold out so info wasn't avaliable on line for that category. I called yesterday, no can do. They are already maxed out for that section of the vessel and can't add any more guests, or so they say. So much for being undersold.    

5 hours ago, Crystabel said:

When Vancouver To Tahiti opened up to Elites, we jumped and got the cabin we wanted. After checking a few hours later, almost all suites and mini suites were already sold out. Amazing. . . 

Sounds like we'll join you on the second half of your voyage.  I was very worried about it being instantly sold out, as I wrote, Lisa was very kind and opened her office a bit early about an hour after the Elite window opened.  I do think online availability is a bit of a challenge since they are selling every individual segment separately.  Some folks (I can't imagine who) might only want Vancouver to Honolulu, others the entire passage as you booked, still others a couple of other segments like ourselves.  We booked a mini and the computer 'suggested' the very cabin I had my eye on - very easy.  I will say my second choice was one of the premium balcony cabins aft and all 4 on decks 6 & 7 were gone when we booked.   

Look forward to joining you in Honolulu!

On 4/4/2019 at 5:26 PM, PescadoAmarillo said:

Yayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayay!

Just got the news and came here to share. This made my day/week/year!

They go on sale Tuesday, April 16 for Elites, April 17 for the public. 

PescadoAmarillo,

I followed your blog several years ago when you did the Tahiti cruises on Pacific Princess.  Joined you on the ship when we sail from Tahiti to Los Angeles via Hawaii.  It was a fabulous cruise.  Maybe we will have an opportunity to meet again since we are doing the 35 day cruise Tahiti to Fort Lauderdale.

15 minutes ago, az2sea said:

PescadoAmarillo,

I followed your blog several years ago when you did the Tahiti cruises on Pacific Princess.  Joined you on the ship when we sail from Tahiti to Los Angeles via Hawaii.  It was a fabulous cruise.  Maybe we will have an opportunity to meet again since we are doing the 35 day cruise Tahiti to Fort Lauderdale.

Come on over and join the roll call and spreadsheet.....😊😊😊

Bob

looks like it's official.    Cuba on the Pacific Princess end of 2020 and beginning of 2021. Well as official as the government will make it.    Was just sent out today.  RT. Fort Lauderdale.

Edited by waltd

12 minutes ago, waltd said:

looks like it's official.    Cuba on the Pacific Princess end of 2020 and beginning of 2021. Well as official as the government will make it.    Was just sent out today.  RT. Fort Lauderdale.

Where did you see this?

I looked at Princess.com and they only show itineraries for the Pacific through November of 2020.

Itinerary Days Ports 2020 2021
more ashore Cuba Connoisseur
7 Ft. Lauderdale ► Havana (overnight) ► Cienfuegos ► Santiago de Cuba  ► Ft. Lauderdale          Dec 26

Jan 9, 23, 30;  Feb 13;  Mar 6, 13, 20, 27;  Apr 10, 17

7 Ft. Lauderdale ► Havana ► Cienfuegos ► Santiago de Cuba ► Ft. Lauderdale

Dec 19 Jan 2
7 Ft. Lauderdale ► Santiago de Cuba ► Cienfuegos ► Havana (overnight)  ► Ft. Lauderdale
Jan 16;  Feb 6, 20, 27;  Apr 3

4 minutes ago, waltd said:

Ok then we are good to go.    lol😁

Walt - we are on the previous 35 day cruise from Tahiti so the Dec. 19th cruise would make a really interesting addition.

I just wonder if it will be illegal to go to Cuba by then. ????

8 minutes ago, chamima said:

Walt - we are on the previous 35 day cruise from Tahiti so the Dec. 19th cruise would make a really interesting addition.

I just wonder if it will be illegal to go to Cuba by then. ????

Only time will tell if the cruises are a go.   The Cuba cruise will make a nice 7 day get away with a visit to relatives in Miami.   LOL 

8 hours ago, waltd said:

My travel agent just sent a flyer this morning.

Would you (or someone else) please post the flyer?

I see the itinerary, interested in port times. 

My TA cannot get any info yet. 

I've been three times now on RC, would love to go back on this great ship. 

Thanks. 

Edited by EatonDoolittle

23 minutes ago, RMMariner said:

Does anyone know when the EZ air prices will be out for this? Thanks.

Most (with the exception of the low cost carriers which I don't think you find on EZ-Air) airlines publish their schedules 333 days in advance of the flight.  That means a round trip can be booked 333 days before the return flight.  That's when to start checking EZ-Air.

Edited by capriccio

On 4/22/2019 at 3:00 PM, jondfk said:

Sounds like we'll join you on the second half of your voyage.  I was very worried about it being instantly sold out, as I wrote, Lisa was very kind and opened her office a bit early about an hour after the Elite window opened.  I do think online availability is a bit of a challenge since they are selling every individual segment separately.  Some folks (I can't imagine who) might only want Vancouver to Honolulu, others the entire passage as you booked, still others a couple of other segments like ourselves.  We booked a mini and the computer 'suggested' the very cabin I had my eye on - very easy.  I will say my second choice was one of the premium balcony cabins aft and all 4 on decks 6 & 7 were gone when we booked.   

Look forward to joining you in Honolulu!

We're also from the Bay Area. I haven't checked on a roll call yet. Once one is started, we can chat.

On 4/23/2019 at 4:25 PM, RMMariner said:

I still would love to go on this cruise. Hoping that maybe insides or OVs go down in price. Probably not going to happen.

If you WANT to go, book it now. Watch for a price drop and if it doesn't hit your "price point" cancel a couple of days before final payment.

There is hope for a sale. We booked a Pacific cruise in Sept. for a Dec. cruise (this year) and 2 days later a 3 for free sale started. We moved from an inside to an obst. balcony for LESS $$. Wowzer!! Plus a fistful of OBC.

If you wait, you may not be able to get any cabin.

Princess cruises sell out. The Pacific sells out maybe a little faster than other ships due to size and desirability. 

Edited by JF - retired RRT

On 4/23/2019 at 2:48 PM, waltd said:

I don't have any more then what I copied and pasted.   No prices or port times yet.   Guess is May 1st

Joe, you and Jax should join us on the 25 or 35 day voyage before Cuba.....😊😊😊

Bob

Bob, Would have loved to celebrate your retirement and see Holly again but we were planning on doing the 29 day on the Ruby, Sydney to Los Angeles in April.    😁

On 4/19/2019 at 11:41 AM, PescadoAmarillo said:

CentslessCruiser- awww, gees, thanks! 😊 But there is still much suspense to be had!!!  The odds of a season unfolding exactly in the manner we initially booked it is about 20% (readers have no idea of all the changes that happen behind the scenes). And then there’s the impact to this year’s season.  Will we do it at all? Shorten it? Cheapen it?  What does life have in store?  Let’s just say I’m not starting a packing list. 

Jeannie, 

I am hoping your season continues to include the last 10 day segment. It would be lovely to meet you for more than a few minutes!  

Hoping and praying we are all able to visit our most favorite place in the world again!

Jill

Edited by jilly08
missed a name!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2019 at 10:58 AM, Cruise Junky said:

Ah, praise coming from the master 🙂 Thank you - I was looking for something else and then saw this

We, too, were looking for something else, saw this and booked it!